Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 24th, 2021

I got my package today: A Super NT from Analogue! Yes, that HD version of a Super Nintendo that legitimately operates at such with extremely minimal performance differences (frame rates, etc). Most people seem to get these for their use in being able to play ROMhacks and randomizers of SNES games on console without having the crazy set-up of a capture card to SNES and whatnot. I, however, invested for future-me, where my SNES that I still own decidedly stops working some day and my SNES games that I own will be useless to play. This is my back-up, and then some because I can also play any region's carts (I happen to own a JP cart of Yoshi's Island). Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Apr 24th, 2021

To be honest Nikki i would be shocked if you didn't own a Japanese cart of your favorite game. Honestly...I probably should look into getting my own Japanese cart of some of my favorite game series....not to play it just to collect them. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 24th, 2021

I got it because it was CIB for only $40 at a con. It's really fucking cool because I don't think I ever got to keep my box and manual for my original Yoshi's Island (my mom hates keeping 'garbage') and the manual has really cool exclusive art in it.

-cut from PS3, Vita and PSP store topic because I thought that was UCT for some reason- Despite us being cut to 40 hour weeks again, I actually managed to get everything done this week and then some (I finished tasks that are due Monday!) Felt really good to not be pulling my hair out at 9PM waiting for stupid bullshit to get approved by said aforementioned CEO and then have to work the next day out of sheer lack of time, PLUS be ahead of schedule. I'm just not looking forward to that next paycheck, though. It's not gonna be pretty to my personal accounts Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Apr 24th, 2021

Yesterday sucked. Not only did my copy of NieR not arrive after all, but then I forgot about Limited Run Games doing their next release of a Kemco game, and now I'm going to have to pay $20-$30 more for it on eBay (third time I've had to do this to get my hands on one of the Kemco releases, ugh). Was hoping today would be a little better, but noooope. One of my dumbass co-workers decided not to show up, so now I have to work 2-10 instead of 4-10.

Yes, it's only two extra hours, but man, I was looking forward to not having to be to work until 4 so I could have time to do shit in some games (I sleep until like 12-1 PM normally). I hate working with complete idiots who can't do something as simple as showing up for work.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Apr 24th, 2021

*bashes head against brick wall* WHY AM I STILL DOING THIS?!

I'm in a facebook argument with my cousin. He's a crazy conspiracy nut who is an anti-vaxxer, believes space doesn't exist, and says that the Earth isn't round (BUT IT'S NOT FLAT, EITHER! I learned that the hard way). And yet, I insist on beating my head against this brick wall that is his delusion, TRYING to break through because he's actually the cousin I get along with the most, being we're both huge gamers! Right now he's babbling about how the last space launch isn't real, and UGH!

So I had my pathfinder game today. Things were great until the suicide warning. Yeah, I popped out for that bit because I did not want to hear it at that particular momebt.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 25th, 2021

Are you DMing that Pathfinder game?

I've stopped bothering to change people's minds if I can tell they're set on their ways. I'll only give a shit if they're actively going out of their way to harm people with their views. It's too exhausting to keep chasing a carrot that keeps getting yanked away endlessly.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Apr 25th, 2021

No; that game was starfinder, and we ended that months ago on a rather sour note, tbh. This one I'm a player in. It was an NPC that was doing the act, and I was like "NOT DOING THIS AT THIS MOMENT! NOPE!"

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 26th, 2021

Not believing in space is new to me, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about that. What do those people think the Moon or Sun is and where they're located, an illusion from the Earth's sky or just somewhere in the sky? Hope you managed to get out of that argument somehow, Maniak. That's just not needed.

I'm assuming I've got more overtime later this week because of another colleague taking holiday, not complaining though. I'll find out today. Not much else.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 26th, 2021

(Apr 26th, 2021, 09:09 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Not believing in space is new to me, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about that. What do those people think the Moon or Sun is and where they're located, an illusion from the Earth's sky or just somewhere in the sky? Hope you managed to get out of that argument somehow, Maniak. That's just not needed.
Clearly we live in a dome like that in the The Simpson's movie and the sky is just a giant screen. All those rocket launches you see are actually just holographic projections. Tongue

Been feeling mentally shit the last few days, and haven't really managed to break out of it yet. Hopefully the new medication my therapist prescribed me today will help put a stop to it happening.
That aside, I hope everyone is doing well. Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Apr 27th, 2021

(Apr 26th, 2021, 11:31 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Apr 26th, 2021, 09:09 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Clearly we live in a dome like that in the The Simpson's movie and the sky is just a giant screen. All those rocket launches you see are actually just holographic projections. Tongue
See, you joke. But there are people who genuinely believe that, both the separate pieces and the whole. People are f***ing insane like that.

Speaking of f***ing insane things, my Content ID dispute was accepted! No fights, no emails back, just boop, there you go! So, vid is up now, if anyone wants to watch it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 29th, 2021

Oh wait, did you get a DMCA claim on one of your rants? These things are so getting out of hand Errm

God, I hate how since starting my new dietary cleanup, I've been craving sugar. I never used to want to just go and eat the nearest candy or chocolate during the day. I'd have it in the house but nothing would ever compell me to crave it outside of having it in front of me. >.< Goes to show how bad the sugar intake has gotten since quarantine began.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Apr 29th, 2021

(Apr 29th, 2021, 04:36 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Oh wait, did you get a DMCA claim on one of your rants? These things are so getting out of hand Errm
No no, not a DMCA. This a more PR-friendly way of saying "f*** you". Basically, a corporation uploads a bunch of clips (audio and/or video) to youtube, and if anything in your video matches the clips for anything longer than a few seconds, the system automatially claims your video as belonging to the owner of those clips, who can then put whatever restrictions they want on your vid, usually by stopping the video from playing in certain regions or stealing your ad revenue or even forcing ads to run against your wishes (which is why there are ads running on my Data Squad vid if you live in Japan). There are workarounds (mirror-flipping the video or distorting the audio via pitch-shifting sometimes works, but not always), but my favorite is the Copyright Deadlock (as named by Stephania James Sterling, then Jim Sterling), as it requires getting hit by multiple company's Content ID claim (therefore "breaking" more copyright rules) to prevent ANY of them from winning out. After all, they can't ALL own the video.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 29th, 2021

Ugh, my job is doing stock inventory but all my stuff is counted already so now I'm just doing nothing because no one needs my help. D=
I don't mind the lack of work, but I'm just bored!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Apr 29th, 2021

Hey, at least you don't have little s***s who refuse to follow instructions even when they know those instructions by heart, and refuse to clean up after themselves no matter how much you try to enforce it through restriction.

...I may need a day off. Or maybe a week...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 29th, 2021

I mean, I've had someone in frozen before who refused to tidy up their empty boxes or put stock away properly and would just leave it over the backroom freezer floor. We also currently have someone who wouldn't work milk because they just don't want to. So I think I can get close to what you deal with, just on a smaller scale and with adults instead of toddlers. Tongue