Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 1st, 2018

(Jul 1st, 2018, 08:30 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 1st, 2018, 08:01 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 1st, 2018, 07:02 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 1st, 2018, 06:47 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 1st, 2018, 04:53 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Hahaha xD

That bad, huh? Every time I look at the calendar, I get a little depressed knowing that Summer keeps drawing closer :X

Yep, and what is worse is that Michigan in winter is really cold and either dry and/or tons of snow (depending on what area of Michigan)

Hell there are days were it will go from tons of snow to AAAAHHHHHH HOT and snow is all gone in less then 24 hours.

At least you don't live the Buenos Aires winters... they are like the biggest teases ever. It looks like it is going to snow, and every single metric out there says it should... yet you only get annoying rain and occasional cross-wind. There's only been two snowy days in Buenos Aires in all of its history, and i was lucky enough to live one of those.

All of it was gone within the next day.

Our Summers are the worst. It gets to the point where moving is inadvisable. Grrr.

I like storms, I really really like storms, like if I wasn't shit at math I could easily of seen my self majoring in Meteorology.

My area is the biggest tease, I'd be watching the radar of storms coming (and/or building up) to my area. Just watching them get closer and closer seeing/hearing reports of the rain and thunder and wind and tornado watches and shit.

Then right before it gets to my area the storm splits so that its to the north and south of me and nothing for me.

I don't suppose jumping into a car and doing some storm-chasing is on the cards for you, my friend?

I'll admit being intrigued by the idea of doing that myself... there's something to be admired about performing such an action, while disregarding most traffic laws because screw it, there's a storm Tongue

I love watching documentaries and the like on the subject.

1) If Michigan was actually good chasing country I'd be tempting but the amount of hills and trees makes it way more dangerous (hills and trees hides the tornadoes)
2)If I lived in Oklahoma or a state in Tornado alley with an experience caser(s) hell yeah.

Don't break traffic laws that just makes you an asshole that will kill your self and/or others.* Infact its a major source of drama and friction in the US chasing community as it gives the public that all cashers are assholes (and well Reed Timmer's "WHOOOOO LETS GET IN THE TORNADO" doesn't help)

*Now you ended up in the tornados path and need to GTFO there might be some leeway

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 1st, 2018

(Jul 1st, 2018, 09:18 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 1st, 2018, 06:47 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Yep, and what is worse is that Michigan in winter is really cold and either dry and/or tons of snow (depending on what area of Michigan)

Hell there are days were it will go from tons of snow to AAAAHHHHHH HOT and snow is all gone in less then 24 hours.

At least you don't live the Buenos Aires winters... they are like the biggest teases ever. It looks like it is going to snow, and every single metric out there says it should... yet you only get annoying rain and occasional cross-wind. There's only been two snowy days in Buenos Aires in all of its history, and i was lucky enough to live one of those.

Our Summers are the worst. It gets to the point where moving is inadvisable. Grrr.

I like storms, I really really like storms, like if I wasn't shit at math I could easily of seen my self majoring in Meteorology.

My area is the biggest tease, I'd be watching the radar of storms coming (and/or building up) to my area. Just watching them get closer and closer seeing/hearing reports of the rain and thunder and wind and tornado watches and shit.

Then right before it gets to my area the storm splits so that its to the north and south of me and nothing for me.

I don't suppose jumping into a car and doing some storm-chasing is on the cards for you, my friend?

I'll admit being intrigued by the idea of doing that myself... there's something to be admired about performing such an action, while disregarding most traffic laws because screw it, there's a storm Tongue

1) If Michigan was actually good chasing country I'd be tempting but the amount of hills and trees makes it way more dangerous (hills and trees hides the tornadoes)
2)If I lived in Oklahoma or a state in Tornado alley with an experience caser(s) hell yeah.

Don't break traffic laws that just makes you an asshole that will kill your self and/or others.* Infact its a major source of drama and friction in the US chasing community as it gives the public that all cashers are assholes (and well Reed Timmer's "WHOOOOO LETS GET IN THE TORNADO" doesn't help)

*Now you ended up in the tornados path and need to GTFO there might be some leeway

I was joking about breaking the traffic laws, dude. I thought the smiley gave that away, but I suppose it could be interpreted either way.

I actually drive very little, but I have had enough of a taste of what bad drivers could do to adhere to the traffic laws as much as possible.

Just the other day, a complete imbecile driving on the corner of the block I live in went far quicker than the speed limits for such an enclosed residential area allows you to and almost caused a senior citizen to get wrecked. Poor guy had to stop the car in the middle of the street to avoid getting into the accident.

The culprit? Sped away, of course.

I wouldn't like to live in an area in which tornadoes are a thing. Large storms? Sure. But no tornadoes.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 1st, 2018

(Jul 1st, 2018, 09:27 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

I was joking about breaking the traffic laws, dude. I thought the smiley gave that away, but I suppose it could be interpreted either way.

I actually drive very little, but I have had enough of a taste of what bad drivers could do to adhere to the traffic laws as much as possible.

Just the other day, a complete imbecile driving on the corner of the block I live in went far quicker than the speed limits for such an enclosed residential area allows you to and almost caused a senior citizen to get wrecked. Poor guy had to stop the car in the middle of the street to avoid getting into the accident.

I wouldn't like to live in an area in which tornadoes are a thing. Large storms? Sure. But no tornadoes.

I totally missed your smilie.

Unless I was moving to Moore, Oklahoma (which seems to get a large one every few years) I think I'd rather live in an area with tornadoes then Hurricanes, tornadoes cover a smaller area and there is always the option of living in an abonded missle silo

Hurricanes require you to GTFO and often live out of state for days/weeks/months at a time and less flooding with a tornado too.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 1st, 2018

If you want someone to ask to do storm chasing with you, ask Shira. She adores it whenever we get a big storm rolling through here. XD

Went to a kitty shelter yesterday because Shira insisted on looking at kitties and finding out whether we should get one. There were some really cute ones there, but one I loved was too old to really be viable as a choice which is a shame. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 1st, 2018

(Jul 1st, 2018, 10:14 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 1st, 2018, 09:27 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

I totally missed your smilie.

Unless I was moving to Moore, Oklahoma (which seems to get a large one every few years) I think I'd rather live in an area with tornadoes then Hurricanes, tornadoes cover a smaller area and there is always the option of living in an abonded missle silo

Hurricanes require you to GTFO and often live out of state for days/weeks/months at a time and less flooding with a tornado too.

In that case... God Bless you, Argentina and your painfully-average climate*.

*That said, we sometimes get random stuff, like this beautiful frozen beach xD

[Image: nieve19-1024x639.jpg]

@Moony: Awww, hopefully you will find one that will work out better Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 1st, 2018

We did find another that was younger who we loved. We just need to wait for a vet to give him the OK for being discharged and taken home with us. His profile said he has CLUTS or CLUDS but nobody has managed to figure out what that means or what it could be a typo of. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 2nd, 2018

Cats are evil. Science has proven this. Unlike dogs they didn't evolve with us, they learned how to mimic a baby's cry.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/news-blog/the-manipulative-meow-cats-learn-to-2009-07-13/

Whistle

Also what does age have to do with it? This isn't the Jedi Order. If you don't get the cat because its "too old" then chances are no one will and it will stay in the shelter for time immortal.
<cue the obvious>

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 2nd, 2018

Speaking of cats, I wonder how mine are going to be when I'm in New York in a couple of weeks. The two youngest, Eli and Emma, have never had to spend a day without me around. I don't think I've ever been gone over an entire day with Zoey and Leo either, so none of them have ever had me gone for an entire day, let alone five days (well, four and a half technically).

I'm not as worried about Emma and Eli, since they spend the night out in the living room with my mom. I'm more worried about Zoey and Leo, who spend the night with me in my room, and they've never had to go a single night without me there.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Kazan X. Lemuris - Jul 2nd, 2018

I miss my cat. We aren't allowed pets in the place we're renting, so both my dog and cat have to stay with my parents (not that it matters since that has been their family home since birth, so moving them would actually be cruel). I go and visit now and then though to make sure they don't forget me.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 2nd, 2018

I don't think it's that cruel moving animals from one home to another. I think it's more cruel just giving them away when you move, if you're moving to a place that allows animals. Obviously in your case you had no choice in the matter, so I'm not referring to you.

Only 10 days until I leave for NYC. Oof. I am not prepared for this at all.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Kazan X. Lemuris - Jul 2nd, 2018

It's more that because that house has been the only one they've lived in. My dog is... I want to say 14-15, my cat is about 12, so it's a huge amount of time that they've spent living in the one house. I'd feel bad uprooting them and dragging them somewhere new unless I had to.

Plus it means whenever I visit they get a bunch of treats.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - zbug - Jul 3rd, 2018

What up! How's everyone today Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 3rd, 2018

(Jul 3rd, 2018, 01:50 AM)zbug Wrote:

Fine, thanks so much.

Just wiped out my contact lists across all social media sites, because it got to the point I couldn't tell who was who. Really annoying, actually.

How about you?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - zbug - Jul 3rd, 2018

(Jul 3rd, 2018, 01:54 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 3rd, 2018, 01:50 AM)zbug Wrote:

Fine, thanks so much.

Just wiped out my contact lists across all social media sites, because it got to the point I couldn't tell who was who. Really annoying, actually.

How about you?

pretty good just hanging out and playing some league with some bros

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 3rd, 2018

My day could be better if Shira's old cat would stop coming to me for attention, and proceeding to try and attack me the instant I begin stroking her. If you aren't interested in attention from me then do me a favour and stop coming to me for it. Hmph