Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - May 28th, 2021

Yeah, I should have thought of that before I decided to make it one-half of my content style. OH WELL, TOO LATE NOW!

I've just been burnt out, counting the days until school ends. Come June 11, I'll (hopefully) be able to have a bit more rest.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 29th, 2021

(May 28th, 2021, 05:41 PM)Karo Wrote:
Well I hope you and Nikki decide to make the moral choice and not have a baby and maybe adopt instead as to avoid creating a child with many problems. Gasp
I mean we could adopt EL but the problems are still going to persist. Creep

@Maniakkid25: Do you ever look forward to getting new kids because the current ones get too old or is it a sense of dread because of the unknown that they could be a bigger nightmare? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - May 29th, 2021

Well, I didn't have to deal with that, because I moved from first graders to second graders, so I had a lot of the same kids. Even the third graders I knew from last year. But that's not gonna matter anyway, because I'm gonna be out of the system come that day, and I'm not planning on going back for a while; probably gonna end up going full-time with Publix, at least for a little bit. IDK how long; I'm still figuring everything out.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 30th, 2021

@Maniakkid25: What position do you work in for Publix again?

Last day of our vacation in Alabama. We're flying home later this afternoon and then we have to drive back from Orlando during the night. I can't wait to get back home to a bed with better pillows than the hotel ones. ^_^

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - May 30th, 2021

Bagger, but when I got full-time I'mma look into worming my way up the ranks because better pay (even if it does mean I have to give up the only good job of closing: running the floor cleaner). We shall see how things go beyond that point, though.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 30th, 2021

You plan to work up through the front end ranks or would you change departments?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - May 30th, 2021

I love long RPGs. Give me a good JRPG that I can sink my teeth into for 100-200 hours. Perfect length to really get my money's worth out of a game. That's one thing I love about trophies/achievements, is that they can help stretch out how much time I spend on a game, and give me something to do. I like looking back on my trophy list and looking at some of the platinum trophies that took me 200-500 to finish and just remembering all the time I spent with the games.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 31st, 2021

Don't get me wrong, I love JPRGs, too. I'm just being realistic with my time expectations on them since having more responsibilities in my life. Just can't dedicate the hours like I used to unfortunately. Sad Pick up and go games seem to be more suited to my lifestyle lately.

Go Maniak, go! Moving up the ranks! \o/

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Monocle - Jun 1st, 2021

yeah I hear that. finding time is actually one of the things using all my time. ridiculous.

I'm all for a good jrpg but it'll take me weeks to months to finish one. and I'm sitting on sooo many with so many more coming out. Tales is going to be amazing

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 1st, 2021

I always find that I'll buy and start loads but never get around to going back and finishing them. It's very frustrating, also because when I do back, I have to reacquaint myself with the world, lore, combat, etc. I know specifically for Xenoblade 2, that's going to be an absolute bitch to go back to because I last played when I saved near a boss I couldn't overcome. Reacquainting myself with the controls in that situation is such a turn off, I'm half tempted to start over, but I'm already 40 hours in the game so it'll feel real bad to restart now. >.< LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 2nd, 2021

(May 30th, 2021, 05:08 PM)Moonface Wrote:
You plan to work up through the front end ranks or would you change departments?

Just realized I never answered this. I would like to stick to CS, but if they move me to grocery, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I've done it a little bit, and its monotonous, but otherwise okay. I just don't trust myself in one of the fresh departments (produce, meat, etc.), just because I don't trust myself with sharp objects. I'm worried I will injure myself REPEATEDLY on them.

I finished the Melodic Death Metal track I was transcribing. Hope it doesn't sound too crap, because I'm hoping to use it in the next video (I plan on starting editing come the end of school).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 2nd, 2021

I think meat department has non-cutting roles since I know that an actual meat cutter makes more money and I always see the same people doing it while others seem to just focus on stocking cheese and lunch meats. I expect you'd have to cross train to get full time hours doing that though because there's not enough to stock for 40 hours a week on meat unless it's one of those stupid busy stores.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 3rd, 2021

I have never worked at a grocery department, but I do wonder are any of them full time? I kinda suspect most stores would rather just hire part timers than hire anyone full time. Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 3rd, 2021

There are certainly full time positions in grocery departments. I'm not sure how it is for other retailers but I do know Publix is quite hesitant on giving out those positions because they're hand is forced in giving out guaranteed wages every week, and that limits how many part time hours they can give out. I don't believe you can go into full-time right off a hire but you can definitely apply for it once you're in.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Monocle - Jun 3rd, 2021

Having managed a few stores, it always baffles me that these companies refuse to give out full time positions. It's normally more than just losing out on part timers. It's mainly the benefits. Aside from insurance, there's normally paid time off, sick time, etc etc. That's literally them paying someone their same weekly wage to not work.

AND I THINK THAT'S FANTASTIC. I worked my way up from part time seasonal worked hired in December, so basically I should've only worked that one month, in TJ Maxx and I killed myself and worked my way up in the company. They were very lenient with giving full time and promoting from within. Not anymore. they got bigger and those values got smaller. It just makes no sense to me to not provide those very simple benefits. One would assume that, if they're a full timer, they're one of your best workers. Why wouldn't you want to reward that? Getting full time and getting paid isn't a reward. It's the result of working. I've heard that do many times.

IF THERE'S TYPOS, MY BAD. DID THIS ON MY PHONE LOLOL