Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 22nd, 2021

(Jun 22nd, 2021, 04:28 PM)Karo Wrote:
Don't forget to get the new hit game by BHVR EL Gasp

Do you mean Dead By Daylight? Possibly...is on sale on Steam at the moment. Hm.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 22nd, 2021

Nice, Elite! I still have to see if my laptop can even run Phasmo. Would love to finally play it.

Although it wasn't part of Prime Day, I did pick up a pair of USB-C earbuds from Amazon to use on my phone. Don't like the Bluetooth ones I was using (there was a very noticeable desync in the sound), so I picked these guys up. Tested them out right away and they are perfect, so I'm happy to finally have headphones/earbuds that I can use with my phone again.

It's a different laptop that I was considering sometime ago (went unavailable too as I took so long to decide) but I've got fed up sitting around waiting to find the absolute best one and just settle for a new one, some other things held me back like no disc drive but I bought an external disc drive to use instead. I'm hoping i5-1135G7 is enough for Phasmo at least, everything else I've read on is good though. New laptop is cheaper than my current one before the deal even, but just hoping it'll be fine.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 22nd, 2021

I'll comment on the stuff you're all discussing later, but I just wanted to share my current nightmare of discovering an ant nest in my car in my driver's side foot well. Feel free to mock me if the urge takes hold of you, I find it as funny as I do tedious to deal with. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 22nd, 2021

Why would we mock you Moony you are doing the ants a service for years the mighty anty colonies of the world have traversed the world and conquered all of mother nature's creation. Just be sure to bring your ant nest somewhere there is a weaker native ant species so they may conquer them and create super colonies of death!

@Mr EliteL Its pretty fun and I feel like it will be a lot of fun to play with a group of friends the only problem is we can't get good we have to stay awful cause if any of us becomes decent and efficient well the killer will definitely have to sweat!

Phasmophobia seem interesting I've yet to pick it up mainly because I'm worried about replayability at it core DBD is basically freeze tag with objectives.

@Moonface I just want to know how can an ant nest even begin forming in a car, I suppose at night or the car isn't in use for long, but surprised you have one. Eh

May pick DBD up later, have till July 12th to do so if I want the sale price. Once I get my laptop and sorted setting up I'll be trying out my Steam games to see how they run.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 22nd, 2021

@Mr EliteL: No idea. Apparently it happens by parking under a tree since ants tend to make nests under them because of the rain protection, and so they don't need to stray far to find your car. I only assume a nest because of how many ants appeared in my car when I was trying to kill some with my foot, and I kicked the levers that control the trunk and the gas cover during it and suddenly my floor was crawling. I'm going to shove an ant trap in my car and see if that gets me anywhere.

@"Yuri": Better idea. Bring them to another deadly colony and watch them either battle to the death or they team up and make super-deadly ant baby hybrids. Wink

I didn't get anything from the Prime deals, mostly because I just didn't bother to even check them. I know @ShiraNoMai grabbed a few things on it though that I agreed on, so I guess I could claim I purchased stuff in some form. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 23rd, 2021

*looks at time code on video editor* ...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!

So, yeah, this video's length is starting to get away from me. I've just exited the first disc, and I'm well past 40 minutes! I may just need to rejigger how I'm gonna organize this set of videos, because this is starting to get ridiculous, even for me. I mean, I did drop an unedited, 2 and a half minute sequence in there, but that is becoming VANISHINGLY small in the context of the whole video. It's actually starting to get absurd. I'm DEFINITELY reevaluating my "page-to-minute" estimation after this video...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 23rd, 2021

I feel you with that @Maniakkid25. Not with video editing but with essays. There's been a few times where I had to cut down on what I was covering because I had so much to write about it and would've gone way over the word count. I expect it's even harder though when you have to try and equate what's being covered with time compared to judging word counts.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 24th, 2021

Congrats on your new laptop (and related equipment) @Mr EliteL ! Looking forward to seeing you in some games we play. Perhaps we'll make another room for you in our Minecraft server Tongue (IF Moony doesn't put you in the dog house first ROFL )

I've got some ants in my car myself but completely different breed it seems. They're super small and aren't in large quantities, thankfully. Stupid Florida and their ant population.  Hmph

Started going back to the office as of yesterday. Very strange experience. It feels like I'm living a memory, like I'm back in the past and not present. Also the lack of people still there makes it eerie as well. It's not bad or wrong, just...off? Idk but I'm glad to be back with more humans again. I missed their dumb antics.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 24th, 2021

Thanks! Yeah can't wait to play games with you. Well I can because it just arrived but I need to make room for it in my bedroom. I'm not getting rid of this one until it completely dies and at the moment it's taking the only place I can have a laptop. I'll most likely have the new one here once it's ready but yeah little space. At the moment my plan is use storage box. then it's box or another box, use my not working laptop fan stand and put a laptop on that. XD Need to do a big tidy, maybe get a new table.

For Minecraft I doubt I'll get it, I have Terraria that can be played on my old laptop but I never got into that, and yes I do genuinely like what I've seen you two (and Karo with Minecraft) have created on both games but it's not for me unfortunately.

Ah, getting back into offices and some kind of normality. If only UK wasn't rising again in cases we'd have lifted most restrictions too.

EDIT: Coming to you LIVE from my new laptop, with three screens running, and oh yes I can type with Q,S,D,G,J and more again I feel so happy~~! *shot*
...Just setting up Steam now...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 24th, 2021

Your old keyboard didn't work properly @Mr EliteL? First I've heard about you mentioning problems with your keys. XD

Saw that Microsoft officially announced Windows 11 today: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/06/24/introducing-windows-11/
I'm surprised they don't seem to mention the ability to change the taskbar to the classic layout so as to appease the people who won't like the new layout (such as me). I hope it turns out good but Microsoft has a track record of every other OS being poor compared to the ones either side of it (Vista and 8, for example).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 24th, 2021

I saw rumors about Windows 11 a couple of weeks ago. Made me chuckle a bit because I recall Microsoft boasting about how Windows 10 would be the final OS because it was built in a way where they could just keep it up-to-date at all times. At least, I believe something like that had been mentioned when 10 first was revealed. Could be wrong though, that was a while ago.

Anyways. I'm okay with it looking different. I like when designs change, it keeps things interesting and fresh. So I'll at least keep an open mind about it until it actually releases, and if Windows 10 users get to upgrade to 11 for free like we did 8 > 10, then I'll judge it after using it and seeing how it is in action.

In other tech related news:

I was watching a stream last night and the streamer kept talking about a new internet browser that is apparently extremely secure called Brave. I looked into it a bit, and it's been around for a few years, but it just opened up to public use in the last few days. It apparently auto-blocks all ads and also something about it prevents things from tracking your activity online. Seems like it could be a pretty promising browser to start using, so I might give it a shot here.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 24th, 2021

I just wonder how long it'll be before websites start to block Brave from accessing it. Websites are already doing things about regular ad block, so it's probably only a matter of time.

I'll find it funny to see if people use it for the privacy but proceed to use something like Facebook on it. ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 24th, 2021

I'm gonna give it a try just to see what it's like. Been using Chrome so long that it might be fun to give a new browser a try for a little bit just to spice things up.