Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 24th, 2021

I'd try it but I'm not bothered by someone knowing what videos I watch on YouTube or where else I browse. Tongue

I can see it being incredibly popular on mobile though just for the ad blocking. Chrome on mobile doesn't let you use any plugins or add-ons like on desktop so you have to use things the vanilla way, which I forget how awful it can be until I go onto any fandom website.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 24th, 2021

I'm using it now and so far it seems okay. I'll explore it a bit more and see how it goes.

And yeah, I saw a lot of people recommending either Brave or FireFox for mobile browsing due to have more/better options for blocking ads. I should definitely try it out on mobile too.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 24th, 2021

Just realized I forgot to comment on your comment on Windows 11. Yeah, I was under the impression it was the last Windows OS as well, but hopefully they're just building off what worked for 10 and refining it. I just hope things like Teams can be disabled because I don't care for it and wouldn't want it on my taskbar all the time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 24th, 2021

I suppose we'll find out eventually, haha. I didn't read the announcement, but did they give an ETA on when we can expect it to release? Or at least when people might be getting invites to test out a beta of it (if they do that again)?

Also now I'm on Firefox to see if it wants to run decently. Love Firefox and would like to go back to it, but for some reason it always just starts to load everything much slower, and refuses to play streams without constant buffering while Chrome runs them just fine. So I'm going to run a stream in FF for a bit to see if it plays without problems, because if it does, I might just start using it again instead.

Though I will say that so far Brave definitely loads things extremely fast. On par or slightly better than Chrome at the very least.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 24th, 2021

Currently I'm using firefox and just run ad block plus it works nicely, but it yet to have discovered how to block adblocker blockers. >n>;

If Brave ever start blocking adblocker blocker do let me know Night Lord!

I feel like Windows 11 is just going to be very meh I don't really like the phone OS aesthetic that they really want to bring to it. I know Windows 10 has that type of stuff on it, but I generally associate mobile stuff with badly designed and money pinching in every way possible so seeing that trying to be brought to the PC market really leaves a distaste to me for it. Plus they even let you run mobile apps on it overall I have a feeling I won't like Windows 11 when I eventually upgrade to it and I'm sure some people actually wanted this and I can probably just ignore it, but I suspect that website will be bothering me about their frickin apps even on my PC now.

PS: Moony when is UG getting its app? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 25th, 2021

So Monocle just told me on Discord that one of the details about Windows 11 is that it will run Android apps natively, meaning I'd no longer need an emulator like Bluestacks to be able to play Azur Lane and Arknights on my computer. Could just download and run them completely naturally on the system.

If that proves to be true, I am already 10,000% hyped for Windows 11 and I want it right now.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 25th, 2021

I wonder if it would be able to run the old Domino Miku app if it does then it honestly might be the best OS ever.

As everyone knows Domino Miku App was the greatest phone app ever designed.

....What if people could bring it back natively for windows?...Okay I take back all my negativity Windows 11 will be the greatest app ever made and will truly revolutionize the world as long as someone bring back the Domino's Miku app

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 25th, 2021

Well, he linked me the article and upon closer inspection, it specifically stats that Microsoft will be bringing the Amazon App Store to Windows 11, which does not have games like Azur Lane and Arknights on it. So that's a bit of a bummer.

However the article does mention that Microsoft has been trying to bridge the gap between Windows and Android for a while now, as they view Android kind of as the mobile edition of Windows, so that at least leaves the possibility open that Microsoft will make it so that other Android apps are available on Windows 11 in other ways (or perhaps they will just straight up allow Google Play on the OS to counter Apple working on getting the iOS App Store working on Macs).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 27th, 2021

(Jun 24th, 2021, 07:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Your old keyboard didn't work properly @Mr EliteL? First I've heard about you mentioning problems with your keys. XD

(Dec 8th, 2019, 06:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
My keyboard has been dying, and earlier completely died, so I have to use the On-Screen Keyboard. Taking so long to type. Might start working after a restart, rest or briefly at times.
That's earliest I've mentioned it, a few more times in this topic too, so it's been quite a while that I've had to use the computer keyboard for nine keys, plus sometimes for 6 more that had a tendency to not work be fine later. Just odd minor times I've mentioned it and not something I'd expect to be taken in.

I at the moment hate Windows 10, it's fine for the most part but I didn't like providing an email before I even started to do anything and....apps just apps. Also this laptop likes to disconnect from the internet for whatever reason, which causes anything else in my home using it to disconnect too. Everyday it has done so without fail so far. XD
If Windows 11 seems better I'll be open to update.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 27th, 2021

Yeah, my laptop has been doing that, too. Didn't think it was a Windows issue, though. Well, it's fine; that laptop is only used for writing my scripts and stuff on it, so it's not like I lose anything important when it cuts out.

I'll be honest, as far as Windows 11 goes, I just...do not care. At all. If its a free upgrade, I'll upgrade, but I'm perfectly fine with Windows 10 as is. It's just... whatever. *shrug*

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 30th, 2021

Windows 11 apparently won't run on certain CPUs either, for some reason, older than I think gen 8 Intels? There's a whole list here of what won't run on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

Has something to do with the new TPMs they're adding in.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 30th, 2021

Ah, today is turning out to be great. The place that I applied to (called Kwik Trip, a convenient store chain in the Midwest) finally called me back and set up an interview with me tomorrow morning. It's the same store that my mom works at.

They said they like what they say from my references, so that's a good start. Hopefully the interview goes well and they decide to hire me on. They can only hire me for part time right now (3-4 days a week), but even if I end up only working 3 days a week, the pay increase is big enough that working 24 hours a week at Kwik Trip would earn me the same amount of money as working 30-35 hours a week at my current job ($18/hour compared to the $12.50/hour I'm making right now). Plus it'll be overnights, so I can finally go back to my preferred schedule of being up at night and sleeping during the day!

Hopefully eventually full time will open up and they'd be willing to slot me into that, but like I said, even if they can only give me three days a week, that'll pay me about the same as I'm making now working 5 days a week.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 30th, 2021

(Jun 27th, 2021, 09:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
(Jun 24th, 2021, 07:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Your old keyboard didn't work properly @Mr EliteL? First I've heard about you mentioning problems with your keys. XD

(Dec 8th, 2019, 06:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
My keyboard has been dying, and earlier completely died, so I have to use the On-Screen Keyboard. Taking so long to type. Might start working after a restart, rest or briefly at times.
That's earliest I've mentioned it, a few more times in this topic too, so it's been quite a while that I've had to use the computer keyboard for nine keys, plus sometimes for 6 more that had a tendency to not work be fine later. Just odd minor times I've mentioned it and not something I'd expect to be taken in.

I at the moment hate Windows 10, it's fine for the most part but I didn't like providing an email before I even started to do anything and....apps just apps. Also this laptop likes to disconnect from the internet for whatever reason, which causes anything else in my home using it to disconnect too. Everyday it has done so without fail so far. XD
If Windows 11 seems better I'll be open to update.
Yeah I'm good at remembering various random things posted on here but I guess that was not one of them. ROFL

I didn't mind the email thing since I already have a Hotmail account so it wasn't like I had to make one brand new. However, I will say when it comes to recovery for a Microsoft email, it's absolutely shit. My older email address I have with Hotmail doesn't let me in because of logging in outside of the UK, and it proceeds to ask me a ton of security questions I can never hope to answer, such as "Exact subject lines of recent emails sent". Never mind I get every other security question right, I can't do that part so I always get told "Sorry, not good enough, get screwed".

(Jun 30th, 2021, 04:01 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Windows 11 apparently won't run on certain CPUs either, for some reason, older than I think gen 8 Intels? There's a whole list here of what won't run on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

Has something to do with the new TPMs they're adding in.
TPM's?
It not running on older gen Intel's makes it seem hard to expect a free upgrade. My current laptop is only a 7th Gen Intel, so in theory a free upgrade is useless to me. Errm

(Jun 30th, 2021, 08:25 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ah, today is turning out to be great. The place that I applied to (called Kwik Trip, a convenient store chain in the Midwest) finally called me back and set up an interview with me tomorrow morning. It's the same store that my mom works at.

They said they like what they say from my references, so that's a good start. Hopefully the interview goes well and they decide to hire me on. They can only hire me for part time right now (3-4 days a week), but even if I end up only working 3 days a week, the pay increase is big enough that working 24 hours a week at Kwik Trip would earn me the same amount of money as working 30-35 hours a week at my current job ($18/hour compared to the $12.50/hour I'm making right now). Plus it'll be overnights, so I can finally go back to my preferred schedule of being up at night and sleeping during the day!

Hopefully eventually full time will open up and they'd be willing to slot me into that, but like I said, even if they can only give me three days a week, that'll pay me about the same as I'm making now working 5 days a week.
Yeah, if working less hours at Kwik Trip gets you the same amount of money you get at your current job, there's zero incentive to not go for the new job even if full time takes a while to get. Is $18 the max or can it go higher with evaluations and stuff, assuming Kwik Trip does them?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 1st, 2021

Holy shit does Kwik Trip pay a fuckton. I never thought working a fucking convenience store would ever hope to achieve anything more than minimum wage, if I'm honest, but that's a hella good wage. I'm assuming it's not just a basic-bitch position? @Dragon Lord

Looking to get back into tennis again. Think it'll be a fun (and exhausting) activity for Moony and I to get into. I miss playing it sometimes, honestly.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 1st, 2021

(Jun 30th, 2021, 11:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 30th, 2021, 08:25 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Yeah, if working less hours at Kwik Trip gets you the same amount of money you get at your current job, there's zero incentive to not go for the new job even if full time takes a while to get. Is $18 the max or can it go higher with evaluations and stuff, assuming Kwik Trip does them?

Technically $15 is the starting pay, but overnights get a $3 premium added to their pay as long as they work at least 6 hours, so it becomes $18/hr since it'd always be an 8 hour shift, I believe. 10 PM to 6 AM. They do give evaluations that come with raises as well, so I could eventually get more.

(Jul 1st, 2021, 03:02 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Holy shit does Kwik Trip pay a fuckton. I never thought working a fucking convenience store would ever hope to achieve anything more than minimum wage, if I'm honest, but that's a hella good wage. I'm assuming it's not just a basic-bitch position? @Dragon Lord 

Just a normal worker. Not a management/lead position at all.