Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 1st, 2021

@Moonface : What there's a security question like that?! Yeah no hope knowing what's in the most recent emails, wait is that what you've received or sent out yourself? I could try and get in there and tell you what they are if you still want to get in there. I have way too many emails now, 5 that is, made one for this laptop just because I wanted a shorter name and dislike my others. XD Need to get rid of at least two of 'em.

@Dragon Lord : Awesome you've got an interview for a better job. Hope the interview goes well. Also if it's three days 8 hour shifts, more time to get some Platinum trophies!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 2nd, 2021

The interview went well. I interviewed with the Assistant Manager (they are currently transitioning into a new manager, because the previous one retired last week), and she said she wants to hire me, but we have to wait to know for sure because the District Manager needs to approve of the hiring first.

So hopefully I'll be receiving a phone call tomorrow telling me that I've been approved and will be able to throw my two-week notice in at my current job.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 2nd, 2021

(Jul 1st, 2021, 03:02 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Looking to get back into tennis again. Think it'll be a fun (and exhausting) activity for Moony and I to get into. I miss playing it sometimes, honestly.
I haven't played tennis since secondary school, and I think the last time I played it there was either Year 9 or Year 10. XD

(Jul 1st, 2021, 04:09 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Technically $15 is the starting pay, but overnights get a $3 premium added to their pay as long as they work at least 6 hours, so it becomes $18/hr since it'd always be an 8 hour shift, I believe. 10 PM to 6 AM. They do give evaluations that come with raises as well, so I could eventually get more.
What's the minimum wage where you live? I assume it's near the $12 range given your current jobs pay?

(Jul 1st, 2021, 10:39 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@Moonface : What there's a security question like that?! Yeah no hope knowing what's in the most recent emails, wait is that what you've received or sent out yourself? I could try and get in there and tell you what they are if you still want to get in there. I have way too many emails now, 5 that is, made one for this laptop just because I wanted a shorter name and dislike my others. XD Need to get rid of at least two of 'em.
Emails I received I believe, and it has to be the exact subject line. Can't remember it to the exact letter? Tough shit. I'm not trying to get in there because I want something in particular, I just wanted to see what was in there. Tongue

(Jul 2nd, 2021, 02:06 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
The interview went well. I interviewed with the Assistant Manager (they are currently transitioning into a new manager, because the previous one retired last week), and she said she wants to hire me, but we have to wait to know for sure because the District Manager needs to approve of the hiring first.

So hopefully I'll be receiving a phone call tomorrow telling me that I've been approved and will be able to throw my two-week notice in at my current job.
If they promote someone within the store to fill the open spot on the ladder that happened due to the Assistant Manager moving up the rungs, you could take over their spot which would be pretty open and shut since then the store isn't hiring on an extra pair of hands, but just a replacement for an empty position due to promotions. Given that they're openly interviewing people though means they've got a spot regardless, so hopefully the DM approves it. Doesn't sound like there'd be a reason for them not to, at least not through any fault of yours.

Bent my fingernail halfway off my nail bed today at work and holy hell did it hurt. It was fine at first because my finger was really cold due to working frozen food, so the pain got numbed by that, but by the time I put a band aid on my finger had started to warm up and then the pain began to set in. Sucks because it's my right index finger and I have to remind myself not to type using it so as to not aggravate the nail. Doh

What's everybody doing for July 4? I'm going to Shira's aunts place for a BBQ or something they're doing which should be fun so long as said aunt doesn't get drunk (but she probably will). Tongue

Minimum wage depends on the type of business. For small businesses, like the one I currently work at, it's $8.21/hr in Minnesota. For large businesses (like Walmart and such), it's $10.08/hr.

Also they are bringing in someone from another store, from what my mother told me. I just don't know when she's supposed to fully take over the store. I was surprised that I interviewed with the assistant manager instead of the new manager, so I'm not sure what is currently going on internally with the transition.

I haven't heard back from them yet, so hopefully that's not a bad sign that the District Manager declined my hiring.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 2nd, 2021

Maybe it isn't the new manager doing the interviews since they don't have experience in that particular store to know what the store needs from a new employee? I'd expect someone with experience in that particular store would be better suited for knowing what will and won't be a good fit for that stores particular needs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DM is already out of the office to start their July 4th weekend early. Rolleyes

The DM was actually at the store when I interviewed, so that's why the lack of a response to far has me a little worried. I probably won't hear from them during the weekend, so I'll have to hope that I hear from them by Monday.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Monocle - Jul 3rd, 2021

makes no sense that a DM is involved with hiring anything below management. They aren't the ones interacting with associates. how does their input matter at all? that kind of micro managing would turn me off at all. let me run my store and if you don't like something, show how I can improve and then go away. too much to do when running a store

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 3rd, 2021

For my job I think the DM has to approve of any promotions to full time and maybe even any pay raise on an evaluation.

Also it seems everyone missed it so I'll ask again, anyone have July 4 plans? Or will it just be a regular day? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 3rd, 2021

Just a regular, normal day for me. I have the day off (due to it being a Sunday), so just gonna do my usual gaming all day. Supposed to be hot as hell too, so even more incentive to sit inside and stay in the nice AC and game the day away.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 3rd, 2021

I forget if it was this year, but I read the other day that it once got so hot in New York that people were being told to limit their electricity usage because everybody was using their A/C constantly. Meanwhile, things like billboards in Times Square were apparently kept turned on and those boards get so hot they have their own A/C units to keep them cool, because heaven forbid we don't advertise products to people with electric billboards during an electricity shortage. Rolleyes

I always thought Texas was the only state that did dumb things with their electricity management, but I guess not. It does concern me a little though with the rising temperatures that have been breaking records all over the place this year, although it feels ironic that even during searing heat that requires better electricity management capitalism will still be going strong with their advertising. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 3rd, 2021

[Image: nobody-gives-a-care-about-the-fate-of-la...486362.png]

All hail our glorious oligarchy of corporate rulers! Grin

I'm just happy I get an extra day off this weekend because the holiday falls on a Sunday this year. Free monday! Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 4th, 2021

Tokyo Otaku Mode: Announces Hololive EN merchandise.

Goodsmile Company: Announces Gawr Gura nendoroid.

My wallet:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Time to max out credit cards in the name of shrimping.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 4th, 2021

Isn't Gura the one that graduated recently? Or is that a different one? I forget their name. XD

Happy July 4th to everyone who celebrates it! I hope you all have a great day no matter what you're doing. Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 4th, 2021

Nope, that was Kiryu Coco, a member of Hololive JP 4th Generation. Gawr Gura is a member of Hololive EN 1st Generation, and currently the most successful vTuber on the scene (just recently hit 3 million subscribers on YouTube, still less than a year since HoloEN debuted).

I'll just be sitting here gaming today. Gonna try to finish up one game and try and get as far though Demon's Souls as I can.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 4th, 2021

Ah, that's right. What merchandise are you hoping to see, assuming none was specifically announced yet?

I'm currently hanging out at a family barbeque with my feet in the pool. It's so nice. =w=