Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 9th, 2021

(Aug 8th, 2021, 07:39 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I can't imagine you'll be doing much kitchen work if you expect there to be not a lot of people consuming ready-made items from a convenience store during the night ROFL though, just be careful you don't accidentally cause a botulism outbreak by mishandling the food Shock
If no one wants to watch that entire video, the tl;dw of it is a guy got food (nachos I believe) from a gas station, got botulism, and ended up in the hospital with the inability to move his limbs. It turned out others had also come down sick from the same gas station and it was picked up on when more people turned up at the same local hospital showing the same symptoms as that first guy. If I recall correctly, he made a full recovery.

Been feeling unwell most of today with stomach problems, and I want to eat but my appetite is pretty nonexistent with how I feel. Errm
Hope everyone else is having a better day. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 10th, 2021

First overnight shift in the books. Was pretty good. Wasn't as busy as I expected it to be, though that could have just been because it was an unusually slow night for the store (the other employees, including my mother, seemed to find it weird that it was as slow as it was).

The only negative thing about last night is that I woke up at 4 PM yesterday and couldn't get back to sleep. So by the time 6 AM rolled around, I was pretty beat. Thankfully I slept until 7 PM today, so I should be in much better shape by the end of the shift tomorrow morning, haha.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 10th, 2021

Probably for the best that it's quiet when you're first starting the overnights since then you don't need to be really busy while also getting used to the different time you're awake for. Especially since you woke up at a bad time yesterday.

I have work in... seven and a half hours from now. Bleh. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 10th, 2021

I have to work in... one hour! Haha.

Getting used to the hours isn't too bad since I was normally up until 4-6 AM anyways, and back in my youth (early 20s), I was always up until like 10 AM and sleeping until 4-7 PM anyways, so it's basically just returning to those days, which I preferred.

I'd rather it be busier though. Helps the shift go by much faster. This job is much, much busier than my previous job, and it's very noticeable how fast the days go. Even during the day time training, I'd get to work at 9 AM, feel like I was there just for one or two hours, and look at the clock to see that it was 2 PM, haha.

Hopefully tonight might be a bit steadier for a faster night. Perhaps last night was slow just due to it being Sunday and the weather being a bit questionable (never did rain, but looked like would).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 10th, 2021

I imagine most nights to be slower than the day shift considering, you know, most people tend to be awake during the day lmao Still, hoping for a miracle in the event that that's not the case.

Fixed my PC at work and was able to replace the graphics card. Not that it's a difficult task, but I managed to install it first try no problems. I still have to figure if my motherboard on my personal PC at home is able to support the 1070TI I have lying around the house somewhere ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 10th, 2021

(Aug 8th, 2021, 07:39 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Poor baby. What a strange reaction from having a slug on you? Unless they're poisonous or something Unsure Hope she continues to do better in the future Smile

I think she licked the slug so that may have caused her to throw up, and having taste and sensation of it on her tongue made her try multiple times to get it out (both off her tongue/off her body). Wasn't poisonous as I think she'd have succumbed to it by now if so. No problems for my cat since Saturday night so just the wait until Friday, unless another occurrence happens. Hope not too and thanks.

I've always wondered what kind of schedule night workers have, like when do they have dinner/meals in their day, eat something after work then bed or stay up a bit to relax, bed, wake up, breakfast, relax before shift, lunch within shift at break time or before shift? XD Good you don't have a leader/manager job, even section leaders for nights at my store I've seen then come in at 5PM and stay until 6 or 7AM or worse, seen them about at 9AM still working! Yikes. They definitely don't get much time to themselves. No clue what it's like over there, similar?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 10th, 2021

I've rarely seen a manager at my store stay for ridiculous hours, but that's because Publix doesn't like to pay overtime so once you hit the cap for your position, they ideally want you out the door regardless of what work you have left to do.

Instead of saying when I'm next going to work, I shall instead say I just got home from work a whole two hours later that intended. I then got the joy to discover the cat has thrown up on both the rugs downstairs but none of the tiles around or between them. So fuck me from the cat I guess. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 12th, 2021

Poor kitties, getting into trouble when they shouldn't be ROFL We gotta do something with that plant in the bathroom... Hmm

Saw quite a number of faces I hadn't seen since the pandemic started today in the office. The big boss has come back from his summer vacay and is ready to get things going on again in the office. Although, a coworker of mine apparently told me there was a rumor circulating that unvaxxed people would have to stay away or be fired from the office?? I honestly don't know where that came from but I can't imagine that to ever be true considering the people that aren't have been there the longest with the company and I highly doubt big boss is willing to let them go so easily. LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Aug 12th, 2021

Good morning!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 12th, 2021

@ShiraNoMai: I'd be surprised to see people fired for that since it's not like your company has the bodies to spare. Those people will probably just be told to work at home.

Hi @Nightingale! How's your day going? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 13th, 2021

It turned out to be a false rumor anyway so who knows!

Hope everyone had good days/evenings today. Can't believe it's already the middle of August. 2022 is fast approaching and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 13th, 2021

I'll take 2022 getting here fast if it means the pandemic can be over or ease off enough for me to visit England at last. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 13th, 2021

Middle of August, huh yeah 2021 going by quick. Kinda a lesser version of what 2020 but good we got out of that year. Perhaps things will turn around before 2022 but going by the speed of the year maybe not? XD Also perhaps I'll be coming over there before you can get over here... Creep *shot* Damn what I'd give to have a safe 2 weeks in US again. Uh, maybe. Oh I haven't actually checked myself but holiday prices may have gone up, definitely some have from what I've heard from other people the cancelled then found same holiday price had skyrocketed or something. Hm.

Today was fun, cuddling my cat before I went to my 10 hour shift, having her on my mind most of the day whilst working then finding out ah, nothing happened at the vets other than a blood test and check up to see if she's able to have the operation. Vets didn't do it in the end and she came back home by 10am, dang it and there was still thinking she might be out and I'm going to myself "Wake up, you'd better wake up, plz!" XD 
And now I just realised I never put my dinner in the oven to cook, went down to do the second part and saw my food still sitting out of the oven, fook I'm stoopid.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 13th, 2021

Will the operation your cat needs to have increase its lifespan, or are you guys just doing it to make her more comfortable?

Seeing you speak of food, I should really go and make something for myself to eat. I haven't actually eaten yet today because I don't eat before work and I didn't take a break today. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 13th, 2021

It's for both really, because it's teeth cleaning and if it isn't done her teeth will degrade too much and she'll struggle to eat and then it'll be a matter of putting her down when that happens. Looks like it's going that way if the vet keeps saying not to/we don't let it happen, because it's her kidneys that's stopped it so far. The special diet's meant to remedy that but that's not done enough yet. She is still eating it as she's getting nothing else at the moment.

Boi you must eat now! I'm like that, I went 7 hours and 40 mins into my shift before eating my brunch, and hadn't eaten since a little after 8PM the night before, in total 17 hours 40 mins. Did at least have some water. I've done worse. XD