Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 27th, 2021

To be honest one day I hope I can become "whimsical" just because it seem like a fun thing to be.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 27th, 2021

Karo you've been the most whimsical person in my life since I met you, what are you talking about? LOL

I'm trying real hard to get schedules down pat for Moony and I so I can finally write them on our fridge and we can abide by them instead of flailing around everywhere without aim. It's so hard to structure but it feels satisfying when I think I've come up with a solution Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 28th, 2021

See I never really thought of myself as a whimsical person, but hey if you think so thank you.

When I read your post I was like, "oh he is a whimsical person? I want to be whimsical too!" XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 28th, 2021

Meanwhile I'm sitting here wondering what qualifies as being whimsical... Whistle

If anything I'm just stupid. Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 28th, 2021

According to google:

Dictionary
whim·si·cal
/ˈ(h)wimzik(ə)l/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: whimsical

playfully quaint or fanciful, especially in an appealing and amusing way.
"a whimsical sense of humor"
h
Similar:
fanciful

playful
mischievous
waggish
quaint
fantastic
unusual
curious
droll
eccentric
quirky
offbeat
idiosyncratic
unconventional
outlandish
peculiar
queer
bizarre
weird
odd
freakish
freaky
dotty
acting or behaving in a capricious manner.
"the whimsical arbitrariness of autocracy"
h
Similar:
volatile
capricious
temperamental
impulsive
excitable
fickle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 28th, 2021

Then I agree with @ShiraNoMai that you fit that definition @Karo. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 29th, 2021

I would like to thank the academy for this stupendous title!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 31st, 2021

@Karo: Here's your trophy. Tongue

[Image: 21249.jpg]

Fun fact, this is actually called a Whimsical Star Trophy and is actually sold. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 31st, 2021

...>.=.> *saves information for a later date* I may or may not have use for this another time...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 31st, 2021

I should edit the image to have Karo's name on the trophy. I say I, but really it'll end up being @ShiraNoMai because I'm a lazy prick. Whistle

Also saw that Windows 11 releases this October. A lot sooner than I expected but I guess it isn't surprising given how much of it was shown a few months ago.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Monocle - Sep 1st, 2021

maaaan. I'm fucking exhausted. stupid work is kicking my ass. one manager is on vacation so I'm stuck running his store and my own. it's all ridiculous. his staff sucks. they don't know anything so they do the minimum. I'm ready to just reform this store and tell him to watch mine for a while. I could fix it but not in a week.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 1st, 2021

Nah, what's the reward in fixing his store, only for him to comeback and fuck it all up again? More power to you if you choose to do that, but there's my unsolicited two cents haha

I had the thought earlier if application devs knew of this launch date ahead of time, or they sprang this on everyone at once and now they're scrambling to get their apps compatible with it. LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 1st, 2021

(Sep 1st, 2021, 03:14 AM)Monocle Wrote:
maaaan. I'm fucking exhausted. stupid work is kicking my ass. one manager is on vacation so I'm stuck running his store and my own. it's all ridiculous. his staff sucks. they don't know anything so they do the minimum. I'm ready to just reform this store and tell him to watch mine for a while. I could fix it but not in a week.
They have a manager of a store run another store if the latter's manager is on vacation? That sounds awful. Blink
I'd only fix their store up if it came back good on me. If there was no benefit to me for doing it, I wouldn't be helping another manager who doesn't seem to be fit for their position judging from their staff. Errm

(Sep 1st, 2021, 04:16 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I had the thought earlier if application devs knew of this launch date ahead of time, or they sprang this on everyone at once and now they're scrambling to get their apps compatible with it. LOL
Hard to say. On the one hand, Microsoft telling devs ahead of time means more applications are ready to go for W11 on launch which will help persuade users to move over, but on the other I feel like the date would've been leaked if it had been given out to people since the actual UI of the software got leaked.
Like with most new things, I won't be moving over to it until I see how it actually is. Microsoft have a trend of doing a good OS followed by a bad OS, and so W11 would be the next "bad" one in the cycle.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Monocle - Sep 1st, 2021

(Sep 1st, 2021, 04:16 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Nah, what's the reward in fixing his store, only for him to comeback and fuck it all up again? More power to you if you choose to do that, but there's my unsolicited two cents haha

I appreciate the thought lmao. i 100% agree with you but the problem is that if it continues falling apart, I'll get sent there to fix it in an even worse state since it's had more time to break. I already know that's gonna happen. 

(Sep 1st, 2021, 05:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:
They have a manager of a store run another store if the latter's manager is on vacation? That sounds awful. Blink
I'd only fix their store up if it came back good on me. If there was no benefit to me for doing it, I wouldn't be helping another manager who doesn't seem to be fit for their position judging from their staff. Errm

Well usually the ASM runs it but he doesn't have one. and it always looks good on me. I've already told them i have no desire to be a district manager so I'll just keep piling on the accomplishments and max out my pay so when I do get promoted, it'll be higher than most in that same position.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 1st, 2021

That's a good point. Hopefully if the problem is just people not knowing things, further problems won't arise because once they know what to do that'll be most of the trouble solved. Smile

What would be the next position for you then if not DM? I thought you were already store manager which I thought was the highest position underneath a DM. XD