Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Nov 5th, 2021

Prodigy Cards. Its in the same lot as the Pizza Hut on Lantana and Congress. They have tournaments every Monday. Very nice people; literally built my deck out of their spare cards XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 5th, 2021

It sucks that virtual tournaments can't work out where you can just play but with the cards on a webcam or something so you could keep playing with that crew and stuff.

I have less than an hour until sign-ups open for next semesters classes and I've gone from nervous to a complete emotional shutdown. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Nov 5th, 2021

Actually, that's exactly how official Bandai made tournaments are done right now. Its just local stores don't havethe infrastructure for it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Nov 5th, 2021

I hope your doing better now Moony stress can get us in many different ways sadly. Eh I hope you get all the classes you need and there some you enjoy!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 5th, 2021

(Nov 5th, 2021, 08:07 PM)Karo Wrote:
I hope your doing better now Moony stress can get us in many different ways sadly. Eh I hope you get all the classes you need and there some you enjoy!
Yeah, it was really rough for me last night. I think my trauma had a large hand in how I was feeling. I did get all the classes I needed though. I don't know if where you go offers this but at FAU they let you see the classes that will be available for registration down to the days, times, and teachers, and you can bookmark them so basically you pick the classes you want beforehand, so when registration opens you just have to click a button and those classes you picked are automatically registered to you. Saves searching and lets you plan everything without the stress of doing it while seats are being taken up.

Did you sign up for next semester classes yet or is it not open where you go yet?

@Maniakkid25: Ah. I was thinking more that you could just use a phone webcam or something to show decks to each other and if there's multiple people just using something like Zoom or Discord to have a multi-person video call going. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 6th, 2021

Oh boy, you are moving quite far, Maniak. We should hang before you leave!

I felt bad for Moony, but I'm happy he was able to accomplish it all! Something he might not have been able to have said maybe a year or so ago. I'm quite proud of his accomplishment. ^_^

I've had quite a long day and I'm reminded of why I should definitely start looking for new ventures in the next year. Smile Smile Smile Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Nov 6th, 2021

Sure! Just not at my place, because it's a little bit...cozy, let's put it. Legit, I doubt three people could fit in my room. No, seriously, the distance between my bed and my TV is maybe 4 feet? It's bad.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Nov 6th, 2021

My set up starts a lil later for my classes.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 6th, 2021

(Nov 6th, 2021, 04:18 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Sure! Just not at my place, because it's a little bit...cozy, let's put it. Legit, I doubt three people could fit in my room. No, seriously, the distance between my bed and my TV is maybe 4 feet? It's bad.
Sounds like @Mr EliteL's house/bedroom. You put more than three people in there and you have to start spooning just so everyone can fit. Tongue

(Nov 6th, 2021, 05:01 AM)Karo Wrote:
My set up starts a lil later for my classes.
Any idea what classes you're gonna take? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 7th, 2021

Is it the same bedroom as I was in last time oh so long ago @Maniakkid25 ? It ain't that small, if so. Fit like 4 of us in there at the time pretty comfortably while we attempted to play Catherine ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Nov 7th, 2021

(Nov 7th, 2021, 03:08 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is it the same bedroom as I was in last time oh so long ago @Maniakkid25 ? It ain't that small, if so. Fit like 4 of us in there at the time pretty comfortably while we attempted to play Catherine ROFL

NOPE! We sold that house, and moved to a much smaller place while waiting for the house in Port Charlotte to be built. It is MUCH more cramped, I promise you.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 7th, 2021

Oh, it's a new build you're moving into, nice! Though damn, it being all the way in proper west coast is kinda shit. Feel free to not answer this if it's too personal, but do you ever intend to live on your own again? I know the first time you did so cuz of school, but any incentive to get out of your parent's hair (or... vice versa, honestly) and live alone (or with a roommate)? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Nov 7th, 2021

Man, I already despised DST before, but I hate it even more as an overnight worker now. Ended up working a 9 hour shift tonight because they don't account for the change in time. So instead of scheduling us 10-5 so we work 8 hours, we worked our normal 10-6, but of course at 2 the clocks went back to 1.

I suppose this balances out come the Spring when we'll work 7 hours instead of 8, but it'd just make more sense to adjust the time of the shift to make up for the time change.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 7th, 2021

@Dragon Lord: Eww, screw that. Where you work is open overnight though right? So I guess if you all worked 8 hours you'd end up leaving an hour earlier in relation to the operating hours despite working a full shift so you have to do an extra hour to not leave customers with no workers. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Nov 7th, 2021

(Nov 7th, 2021, 05:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Oh, it's a new build you're moving into, nice! Though damn, it being all the way in proper west coast is kinda shit. Feel free to not answer this if it's too personal, but do you ever intend to live on your own again? I know the first time you did so cuz of school, but any incentive to get out of your parent's hair (or... vice versa, honestly) and live alone (or with a roommate)? Smile
I do, I just don't know how I'm gonna afford it right now. Right now, being with my parents is the best financial decision for me, but once prospects start looking up, I'll look into that, maybe even moving back? Idk, we'll see what happens.