Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 7th, 2021

I elect we all collectively pool our money and live in a house of all the members here and live stream it like some Big Brother style thing that nobody in their right mind would watch. ROFL
But yeah, it's better to get stable ground established before moving out even if the prospect of it is really enticing. Otherwise you end up back at square one or worse when that unstable ground starts to fall away beneath you.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 8th, 2021

Hoo boy, 4 feet too? If it weren't for my bed being up high and having space underneath I'd have even less space between myself and my TV. XD Ugh, I have way too much stuff in here...yet I make do.
But yeah hope you're moving to a much bigger/better house, Maniak.

I never thought about what night workers do on the two nights the clocks change. Perhaps some places do the changing of shift hours to make sure it's the same, or add the extra or minus the hour like that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 11th, 2021

(Nov 8th, 2021, 11:32 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I never thought about what night workers do on the two nights the clocks change. Perhaps some places do the changing of shift hours to make sure it's the same, or add the extra or minus the hour like that.
I think my store schedules you for the same length of time, but reminds you not to leave at the wrong time by forgetting the time changes mid-shift.

What's everybody up to? ^_^
I really wanted to do more with my day but alas, couldn't bring myself to really do anything and I still don't really want to do anything. Only highlight of the day was getting some new blinds fitted in the living room, even if it's bothering the heck out of me that we ordered them with the cords in the center of the double window instead of on the edges. I really need to learn how to deal with mistakes better. Errm

And if you want to panic at all, the end of 2021 is just over 7 weeks away. I feel like it goes by faster in America because of the back-to-back holidays and events that happen, especially working in retail where all of those events get pushed to my attention all the time even if there are some I don't celebrate like Chanukah.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 11th, 2021

Flippin' heck only 7 weeks left? Where did the 45 other weeks vanish to?  Shock

Damn what a...crappy year apart from some things I can say have been good, but it is another year over-shadowed by everyone knows what that's still hinders quite a bit. Too bad it can't have a physical manifestation so we can dispose of it in a RPG style manner. Oh wait real life doesn't go by that nOoOoO...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 11th, 2021

(Nov 11th, 2021, 11:46 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Damn what a...crappy year apart from some things I can say have been good, but it is another year over-shadowed by everyone knows what that's still hinders quite a bit. Too bad it can't have a physical manifestation so we can dispose of it an RPG style manner. Oh wait real life doesn't go by that nOoOoO...
According to my customers the pandemic ended ages ago and we shouldn't still be having problems with it. Clearly they got early access to this RPG fight with the Covid God and the patch just wasn't made live yet. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 11th, 2021

XD

I'm not doing much today, was going to do volunteering possibly but decided to stay home with my cat while my mum and sister are out. Went to the vet yesterday to get her nose checked as it has something that's been there for a while that likes to grow then burst. Not bothering her yet but if it does we should take her back, but also has lost weight, possibly from cold weather but from her poor teeth most likely. She's struggling to eat a bit now too, will cut the food more then and see if she can eat tiny pieces. Knew she'd get worse over time anyway.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 12th, 2021

Making sure she's comfortable is the best thing you can do right now. I'm sure she greatly appreciated you being home with her that day Smile

DST always makes me tired more easily. It being pitch black by the time 6 rolls around is incredibly demotivating to someone that typically works til 7. By 4 it's like "alright, last hour" but in reality it ain't.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 12th, 2021

She's somehow still the same as ever as in constantly expecting food from our own food, she's really willing to eat scraps we allow her to have over her special diet cat food. XD We know we shouldn't but then she'd lose that joy in the day, so we let her...when it is meat/fish that is.

Damn, we're at like 4:15pm now, dark inside too so lights start to come on. It was about 6 or so before our time went back. Night is good but before 6pm, I just dislike it so early. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 12th, 2021

@Mr EliteL: Probably depends how much you're giving her. Mars isn't meant to eat anything but his special food yet he is guaranteed to get some McDonald's nuggies if they're available to him. Tongue

I personally like it getting dark earlier because I enjoy how things look at night. Urban places look like shit during daytime because of all the overabundance of grey's. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 14th, 2021

Yeah once in a while won't hurt, and in small amounts. Any amount will make her day. I'm glad y'all are taking care of her so nicely ^_^

Got our boosters today! Arm has been progressively getting more sore as the day has gone on. Hoping I don't wake up feeling like dogshit tomorrow so I can take care of the house a bit more than I did today.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 14th, 2021

(Nov 14th, 2021, 02:52 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Got our boosters today! Arm has been progressively getting more sore as the day has gone on. Hoping I don't wake up feeling like dogshit tomorrow so I can take care of the house a bit more than I did today.
Narrator: They both woke up feeling like dogshit. x.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 15th, 2021

I was getting a bit worried Saturday evening with her as she didn't seem herself...don't know how to explain how she was. Seemed down or something. But I was worried for nothing really, she's up and about like normal again.

Oh what you guys are already getting boosters? Only allowing 40+ at the moment here, and that only just happened plus my mum hasn't had that yet. I'm not sure if I need a booster just yet as my second jab wasn't that long ago...oh almost three months? Well damn I didn't think it had been that much time since, although once it will be for 30+ might leave it for a bit anyway.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 15th, 2021

@Mr EliteL: Boosters are for six months after the original vaccine dose, so you'd have another three months to wait. Wink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Nov 15th, 2021

Wooh! My tablet arrived today! Thank you FedEx for being a day early, now I can actually enjoy playing around with it today/tonight! Unfortunately it's very cold right now though, so I may have to let it warm up a while before turning it on. Would hate to turn it on and have it get damaged from being too cold before I even get to use it at all, lol. Which is probably okay, because I probably should be getting to sleep soon, haha. Already up late waiting for the delivery.

Pretty excited to play around with it though. I love getting new tech. Especially expensive high-end tech.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 16th, 2021

Ah OK 6 months, makes sense then for that to be the amount of time between.

Also nice, your tablet arrived not only way before the 7th but on the day before the new estimation date, what a plus-plus!