Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Dec 6th, 2021

@ShiraNoMai : I only got like 8 hours that night anyway, I get about that much or 9 hours on a non-working day usually anyway so it wasn't crazy long. I don't really do 10 hours anymore so 8-9 is long for me. XD Although saying that for a working day it's between 4-6 hours so it's kind of a difference.

My Saturday was OK really, today is pretty much OK too...if only we had the right equipment it'd be better but eh screw it. Must go back to work now. Yay.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Dec 7th, 2021

(Dec 6th, 2021, 05:19 AM)Cory Wrote:
(Dec 5th, 2021, 05:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Anyone do anything in particular over the weekend?
Tomorrow I'm going out of town to go through a rich neighborhood to view Christmas lights. In accordance with their HOA, all houses in the area must decorate for Christmas. Going to eat some Mexican food for lunch and probably shop around as well.

Ya know I don't think I've ever heard of an HOA enforcing a decoration mandate. I'm actually shocked that doesn't violate some kind of religious law thing. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 7th, 2021

Yeah, I'm surprised a HOA can enforce a rule of decorating for a holiday, especially when there isn't any holiday that everyone celebrates. I wouldn't be surprised if that HOA is just run by people on a power trip though who'll cry foul about the most insignificant thing. Errm

Oh my god I just looked at the outstanding balance in my student account for Spring 2022 and I owe almost $2000..... Shock

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 7th, 2021

(Dec 7th, 2021, 10:22 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yeah, I'm surprised a HOA can enforce a rule of decorating for a holiday, especially when there isn't any holiday that everyone celebrates. I wouldn't be surprised if that HOA is just run by people on a power trip though who'll cry foul about the most insignificant thing. Errm

They are. The HOA is a bulls*** organization that will issue fines and evictions for the most stupid things. One of my former coworkers had to wait for the HOA to authorize his HURRICANE SHUTTERS! IN FLORIDA! F*** THE HOA!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 8th, 2021

I don't think HOA's even exist in England, likely because we also don't have gated communities. Well, not unless they exist rarely and only where stupidly rich people reside, but I feel most people would gate their homes rather than the entire community.
We have a HOA here but they seem to be very hands off and serve to just make sure things like the landscaping is maintained and the sidewalks get cleaned every so often. I kinda wish they did a little more so they would deal with the squirrel infestation in my walls but oh well. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Dec 8th, 2021

Oh my god I just looked at the outstanding balance in my student account for Spring 2022 and I owe almost $2000..... Shock

Is that a lot of tuition? Unsure

(Dec 8th, 2021, 01:12 AM)Karo Wrote:

Is that a lot of tuition? Unsure
You don't pay for yours or something to have any context? Tongue
It's for three classes but then there's other charges like the lab fees and parking permits and such. I've been paying out of pocket for everything so far but nothing else I've had ended up coming to this amount so it took me by surprise. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Cory - Dec 8th, 2021

(Dec 7th, 2021, 05:52 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
(Dec 6th, 2021, 05:19 AM)Cory Wrote:
Tomorrow I'm going out of town to go through a rich neighborhood to view Christmas lights. In accordance with their HOA, all houses in the area must decorate for Christmas. Going to eat some Mexican food for lunch and probably shop around as well.

Ya know I don't think I've ever heard of an HOA enforcing a decoration mandate. I'm actually shocked that doesn't violate some kind of religious law thing. Errm
You're telling me. They're rich though, so they could just hire someone to do it for them. ROFL

I'm sure money isn't an issue for them to decorate, which is probably what encouraged the idea. Enforcing this in an area where everyone doesn't have disposable income for Christmas decorations would be a pain in the arse.

Did you do any shopping in the end @Cory?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Cory - Dec 8th, 2021

(Dec 8th, 2021, 04:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Christmas shopping? It's all done already. I shopped for all of my immediate family and my best friend.

(Dec 8th, 2021, 05:18 PM)Cory Wrote:
(Dec 8th, 2021, 04:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Christmas shopping? It's all done already. I shopped for all of my immediate family and my best friend.
That's what you did yesterday when you said you were going to be shopping around, right?

Ugh, I know I can do this final exam but I'm still scouring my notes and putting it off. Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Dec 9th, 2021

Oh, an exam? So it's one you can take when you want then, well within a time frame I assume is obvious, but just not a set time if it was in a class/year group? Do it, Moony, you can do it!

I....went and bought a snow dragon. Like the one in the photo I posted in my AMA topic, but not the biggest one like I originally was very interested in, but the medium-sized snow dragon. The large one was not there this time, somebody nabbed it but I'm happy as that would've been an issue if I got it. LOL I wub the one I do have though.  =3

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 9th, 2021

(Dec 9th, 2021, 11:36 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh, an exam? So it's one you can take when you want then, well within a time frame I assume is obvious, but just not a set time if it was in a class/year group? Do it, Moony, you can do it!

I....went and bought a snow dragon. Like the one in the photo I posted in my AMA topic, but not the biggest one like I originally was very interested in, but the medium-sized snow dragon. The large one was not there this time, somebody nabbed it but I'm happy as that would've been an issue if I got it. LOL I wub the one I do have though.  =3
Yeah, since the exam is done online it doesn't have a set time to take it, just a window it needs to be taken within (before the end of this Sunday). I just took the exam and only got 3/50 incorrect, so I can't complain. Grin

I missed that picture in your AMA thread. Going by the background, I'm going to assume they were being sold at the Meadowcroft garden center? Trying to remember if that's the one that has a ridiculously huge area set aside at Christmas or if I'm thinking of a different one. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 9th, 2021

One week till I move. Guess I gotta start packing up my stuff, don't I? *looks around room* ...that's gonna be so much work! x.=.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 9th, 2021

(Dec 9th, 2021, 10:48 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
One week till I move. Guess I gotta start packing up my stuff, don't I? *looks around room* ...that's gonna be so much work! x.=.x
You didn't start yet? I thought you'd been working on that since you first mentioned it. XD