Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 16th, 2021

So, I had fun last night. My dad decided to spring up THE DAY BEFORE WE MOVED "Hey, we need to fit some stuff in your car as well," conveniently forgetting that when we last moved, it took me 4 FREAKING TRIPS to get all my stuff to the new place! I F***ING HATE HIM!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 16th, 2021

Since the subject of Windows 11 has come up in here multiple times I decided to go find every post that mentioned it and place them all into their own thread: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=1006&action=newpost
Just wanted to share that information for anyone who wonders where last nights posts in here went to. Tongue

@Maniakkid25: So I assume today is your moving day? I also guess you guys don't use any moving trucks for stuff or do you just get something small to take the big furniture and pack everything else into cars? Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 16th, 2021

Oh, no, we had a giant truck come in and take a bunch of stuff, and stuff in storage, as well. It's just I don't trust the movers with MY stuff, but now I had no choice in the matter because I had to make room for Dad! Maybe if he hadn't of told me THE DAY BEFORE, I WOULDN'T BE SO PISSED AT HIM!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 17th, 2021

So your stuff goes into the moving truck and his doesn't? If he never intended it to go in the truck (which is what it sounds like) then I'd be pissed about the plan for moving it to be left until the last minute too. It's not like he suddenly decided it wasn't going in the truck and if he did, then again, should've been sorted out way before now. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 17th, 2021

So the movers f***ed up my TV; The stands to it are broken, so it is not gonna sit stable. That is giving me warm and fuzzy feelings about what else I left the movers (including my Switch, it turns out! ^.=.^Wink...

Can you make a claim against them for the damages @Maniakkid25? Sad

I doubt it; it's not proper furniture or anything, so what the hell am I supposed to claim? Plus, if I try to say anything, my parents are just gonna say I' overreacting, so why bother?

It's still damaging property which they shouldn't be doing. Would your parents have that same reaction if it was their own TV that had a damaged base? Eh

I can't honestly say, but I do know that if I try to say anything, they'll yell at me, so I just need to make it work.

Man, that sucks. Even if they don't find it a big deal doesn't mean your view isn't valid. I presume that it didn't get busted in a way where it could be put back together with like glue or something?

I mean, IDK if I want to try to use super glue on a TV, but the supports are inset, so it should still stand, even if its a bit wobbly.

Well if it's just on the stand I'd expect it to be fine since there's no electronic parts there. Just make sure you don't accidentally glue the whole TV to whatever it's sitting on. ROFL

No, the stands are INSET to the TV. They go IN the TV. It's not an external support structure; I'm directly interfacing with the TV.

Ah, so it's like one of those TV's that have two separate legs that screw in the bottom? I'm guessing the part that attaches to the actual TV is what broke then if it's a problem to repair the part?

Yes; the housing for the screws broke off, so now it's only in because of gravity, and looking might terrible, at that.