Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 3rd, 2022

(Jan 2nd, 2022, 02:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
No putting down Inuyasha even if it's for the amount of episodes or dragging out it may have done now. *shot* I suppose I had the patience of a saint then when I did as I've watched all the series and the movies.  The main group is so endearing, I could sit through anything filler or not, and the only other long series I've done that with is Gintama. Grin Although unlike the latter I'm not sure if I could do that again with Inuyasha, but I haven't tried yet. Of course don't expect people to have the same taste as me, so do what you have to do. Inuyasha does sit in my Top 5 anime, although I haven't been on MyAnimeList for ages and may need to review some stuff. XD

Agreed. I don't care if InuYasha was nothing but filler, it'll always me one of my favorite animes of all-time and I'll always love it no matter what.

Plus as long as a series isn't as filler ridden as Naruto was, then it's all good. A little bit of filler doesn't hurt though. Eventually I need to sit and re-watch the entirety of InuYasha, plus that extra season of it they did a while back, and then I gotta go watch the sequel series with the cute daughters.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 3rd, 2022

Filler I can live with because at least true filler (meaning non-canon) is skippable. It's when content is dragged out by slow progression that I take issue, because you can't skip the content without missing out on important things, and it really sucks for episodes that contain useful stuff but are littered with slow burns, so if you want to just get the good stuff you're skipping through an episode to various timestamps. I still think Shippuden will be the worst slow burning show I'll ever witness because of how long it takes for any event to go from A to B. It's like watching the scenes of the sloth from Zootopia but over the course of 20+ minutes:

[Image: sloth-zootopia.gif]

I have also never seen InuYasha. Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 3rd, 2022

Forgot to mention I haven't seen the time skip sequel yet, want to.
I managed to watch all of Naruto, but dropped Shippuden. I knew that went on for ages, noticed it's 500 long then coupled with the prequel series that's like 800, then-then there's Boruto. Oof. One Piece is even longer, yikes. Unfortunately I can't do long runs either now unless it's something I've already seen possibly, or already gotten into in the past.

Today was something else at work, holy crap, haven't had one of those days in a long time because we've had help on Mondays but nope, busy as all heck. Ha...ha...ha...you'd think there's another *AHEM* on the way.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 4th, 2022

If you want to check out a particular show @Mr EliteL I highly recommend looking at "What We Do In The Shadows" on BBC iPlayer. It's not anime but I think you'd like it and it isn't a huge time investment since episodes are short and I think it's like 10 episodes per season. Wink

My work day was rather decent surprisingly. Although yet again, a customer took a shit in my aisle. That's the second time in a month I've been in an aisle and turned around to find that on the floor, and I know it isn't a dog because I never see one in the aisles prior to that happening. I just don't understand how people can do that or even get it to fall out in one go. Errm

To whoever reads this next, how are you doing? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 4th, 2022

So I worked my ass off the last two nights and I got my room (mostly) in order, finally getting rid of a couple of large pieces of furniture that I should have rid myself of years ago. While I still have some work to do on it tonight, I am very happy to say that I should be in the clear on setting up my computer desk and subsequently my PC tonight.

I was supposed to work tonight, but there's supposed to be a big blizzard tonight that is going to cause whiteout conditions. The National Weather Service is urging people to not travel at all if they can help it. So we decided to be safe and just get our (my mom and I) shifts covered and we can just stay home tonight and not worry about winding up in the ditch or in some major car accident because of the conditions. Conditions are: Extremely slippery roads, 3+ inches of snow, 35+ MPH winds causing the snow to get blown around and leading to next to no visibility, and -35F windchill that can lead to exposed skin getting frostbitten in less than 30 minutes.

So... yeah! Really good night to get my PC up and running and get to play around with it!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 5th, 2022

I'm surprised your job even wanted you in even if there was no cover considering the conditions. Hell if your job is located in an area that will have the conditions you mentioned I'm surprised they even want to open since it doesn't sound safe to even do that. Errm

I also don't think I've ever seen a weather warning that mentions frostbite before either. Shock

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 5th, 2022

That's good ol' Minnesota for you. That's actually not as bad as last week, when we had a couple of days where Frostbite would take effect in less than 10 minutes of being outside.

Also my work is a 24 hour store, so they don't close for anything. If it wasn't for the fact that we found someone to work for us, we probably would have had to go in or lose our jobs.

EDIT: I got my desk put together and my gaming PC is now up and running. I love everything right now!!!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 5th, 2022

Even being 24 hours I'm still shocked it's safe for the place to be open. A hurricane warning just has to be issued here in Florida and if it isn't safe for me to get to work, I just tell them and that's that. Same when I was in England and the store would be open during snowy weather but if anyone outside town couldn't make the drive in then that was just how it was.

Is 10 seconds also the shortest it's been to get frostbite in your area/state? I expect it is but I already thought it wouldn't go below 30 so now I'm doubting myself. XD

Also nice about your PC! I'd ask for a photo of it but I recall how you admitted to being lazy about doing that stuff. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 5th, 2022

The lowest temp that I can remember us ever having was... -65 or -70 with the windchill in effect. Though that was many, many years ago.

I will take pictures of my desk once I get everything finalized on it. Still have some organizing to do and such. Hopefully I can get some pictures taken on my next night off (Sunday).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 6th, 2022

So happy for you DL! Hope you get it all sorted out soon, I'm excited to see it all Grin

I can't even fathom a cold that...well, cold. It's easier to imagine hot like 114 without humidity, or 106 with. I thought 19 degrees with wind chill was the end times. My fucking ears were killing me, and I had never felt that sensation before. My body is way too used to warm and toasty.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 6th, 2022

Living in Minnesota you can the worst of both worlds. Extreme cold in the winter like that, and then in the Summer we're able to get up to 100-100 with 80%+ humidity. A lot of people think Minnesota is always cold and that our summers are mild, but that is far, far from the truth, haha. In the past seeing 100+ days was very rare, but the last several years have seen us hitting 100+ a lot more often. Then we have our extreme humidity to throw on top of that. Some days in the summer you walk outside and you just instantly start sweating and feel like you can hardly breathe.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 8th, 2022

I don't think I'm ever going to settle on what I prefer, cold weather or hot weather. I hate how hot it can get here and that's fricking UK, even if it's for just a couple of weeks a year when we get our "worst" side of heat, but man can't imagine the temperature when it's truly worse than that and I know US gets that. Yes when I was there I suppose I might have felt it but I doubt it was the worst. Then the cold, gets so bitterly freezing even four layers might not manage it. Yet the ice temp in other places. NO, I don't want either, I want snuggly warmth forever, PLEASE. ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 8th, 2022

I will always prefer cold over hot. When it's cold out, no matter how cold, you can always add more layers and get warm. However, when it's brutally hot out, there's only so much you can take off, and if you lack air conditioning, you're just straight up screwed.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 8th, 2022

I agree with Night Lord about cold weather being better it easier to get warmer than it is to get cooler that for sure!

Honestly I'm not looking forward to summer coming again........if it could stay winter, spring or fall I'd take that summer really isn't needed. >.>

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 8th, 2022

(Jan 8th, 2022, 09:41 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I will always prefer cold over hot. When it's cold out, no matter how cold, you can always add more layers and get warm. However, when it's brutally hot out, there's only so much you can take off, and if you lack air conditioning, you're just straight up screwed.
Yeah, this is my view when it comes to whether hot or cold is better. Same with if the power goes out in extreme cold, any perishable food has a better chance of surviving because if the fridge or freezer gets too warm, dump the food in a box outside and it'll keep; you can't do that in hot weather. Also keeping warm without power is easier than trying to keep cool without power.

I do miss colder weather though. Florida doesn't really get cold enough to pull out the coats and fluffy scarves. I felt envious of the people in New York wearing all that stuff for the Macy's Parade. XD