Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 6th, 2022

Is there anything else you want to get for your setup or do you have everything else covered already?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 6th, 2022

The only thing left that I really want to get at some point is a nice, high quality mic to use. But I feel like that's something that can wait until I've recovered from the financial hole from all of the spending I've done on this computer and everything for it, haha.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 6th, 2022

Honestly, the third monitor life is everything. Use one completely for media (stream, show, music, whatever), and the other two are your main screens of action. Can't go back after three. It's hard to go back to one honestly, with my laptop. Pain in the ass with my work especially.

Also LMAO EL "he doesn't know PepeLaugh" I guess you've never had to deal with wisdom teeth have ya? It's fine if you don't, that means you're quite lucky! I could have mine taken out but they very rarely bother me, maybe once or twice a year I'll get some pains but nothing excruciating.

You could also be an "advanced human" and not be born with any, like my friend!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 7th, 2022

Since @Mr EliteL seems ignorant to the fun of wisdom teeth to the point of not even knowing where they are in the mouth or how many apparently, has anyone else ever had to deal with wisdom teeth at all? Tongue

@Dragon Lord: I find the microphone you have now is fine quality wise so yeah I wouldn't rush to replace it. Wink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Feb 7th, 2022

I have wisdom teeth, but I only have three I was hoping I would be one of the new advance races of homo sapien, but I am sadly not a new model. Sad Which is quite disappointing. I kinda have "two monitors" but one of them is a tablet and I like my tablet and I appreciate having more than one screen, but one day I hope to join the three monitor club, but my table can barely support what I have currently! D:

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 7th, 2022

I'm down to two wisdom teeth now, but it'll be down to zero eventually because every dentist I see urges me to get the last two removed, and given that the first two have both given me infections I don't want to leave the last two in as ticking time bombs. Errm

I'm surprised no company has tried to come up with some portable monitor you can attach to a laptop to give yourself more screens on the go. It sounds like such an idea would have a decent amount of demand to me. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 9th, 2022

I went completely stupid then and mistook it as just literally any one of your adult teeth for some reason. I have only one wisdom tooth grown through and only bothered me when it had grown fully and so had to get used to it being there. None of the others ever appeared, so yeah I suppose I'm lucky until that one decides to give up. XD

I don't know why but the thought of going out for anything other than work has gotten very tedious and whenever family suggest to go out or whatever, it's really bothersome. All I want to do is sit inside, and I know it's not good, but ugh. Also don't have motivation to do any weightlifting, go on a walk (OK it's usually cold out this time of year even with the sun out), drawing, whatever. Also stuff like some foods and milk I usually like isn't favourable as much anymore so will be trying something else or not having them at all.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 10th, 2022

Have you considered trying therapy @Mr EliteL ? Genuine question, cuz I think you could really benefit from it. Sucks to hear you suffer like that. Sad

@Moonface I feel like at some point it starts to make the option of it being a laptop kinda redundant. Would be kind of hard to sit with a laptop in your lap when half of it is leaning over, unbalanced, from the extra monitor. LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 10th, 2022

No I haven't. It's probably because what we're doing has been the same thing over and over, but of course it's been like this because of covid, but it seems we're nearing the end of the worst of it, and the pandemic looking to be turned into a standard type of illness to live with now. What with restrictions being lifted here soon, and not only but Winter I usually feel less motivated to do things anyway. I did go out today with them and it's good to see my step-granddad, but frick sake the stuff with my grandma passing is still going on, we just got the will to sort out and ashes to deal with. I have some time off coming up, two separate weeks that is, to enjoy myself, hope to do stuff during that time. I know I usually end up doing jack all, but with Genshin patch, Phasmo, wanting to play MK8 again, there's that to look forward to. Got to focus on the stuff that makes me happy. With the food, probably just my body not agreeing with that stuff anymore which I'm fine with, there's plenty of different stuff out there I can either try or continue having that doesn't upset me. Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 11th, 2022

Hmm, so out of curiosity I went to see how much I could trade in my current phone (Galaxy Note S20 Ultra) for towards the newly announced Galaxy S22 Ultra. Verizon would give me $1000 for it, knocking the price of the S22 to $300, or $8.33 a month. I wasn't originally intending to upgrade my phone any time this soon, but that's kind of a tempting deal. This phone is only going to go down in value as time goes on, so maybe I should cash in on it while the value is still high?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 12th, 2022

What was the trade in you got for the phone towards that D20 when you got that @Dragon Lord?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 12th, 2022

When I got the Note S20, I traded in my S9+ for it, and I got like... $300 or $400 for it. Not a whole lot by itself. I got it on top of like a $300 or $400 discount for Holiday Sales though, so it did make the phone relatively cheap compared to its original $1499 price tag.

The S22 Ultra, which I decided to go ahead and trade-in for, is a $1200 phone that I'll be getting for around $300 (after taxes), so it's a pretty nice deal. $8.33 a month for 36 months on my Verizon bill to pay it off, which is more than affordable. I thought about maybe waiting until the S23 or S24 to upgrade, but I highly doubt I get any where near $1,000 for my S20 Note by the time those roll out, so I figured just go ahead and cash in on it now. 0

My S22 Ultra will be here Friday the 25th, which works out wonderfully for me! Because I took the 25th and the 26th off so I could have some extra days to binge Elden Ring (I get the 27th and 28th off normally, so that's four days of ER binging), and now I'll get those extra days off to also enjoy my new phone!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 13th, 2022

So did you have to already give up the S20 or do you keep that until the new one arrives?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 13th, 2022

I keep it until the new one arrives, and then I have 30 days to get my S20 shipped out to Verizon. Thankfully they don't make you give up your current phone right away. Would especially suck since in this case it's a pre-order and I have to wait two more weeks for the S22 to release, haha.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 13th, 2022

Ah, okay. I've never owned a phone or any device in a way where you can do trades or contracts so I didn't know how it works. If you can always get like $1000 off the upgrade by trading in early though I'd be constantly upgrading just to keep my own value up in the long run.

I wonder if today will be the day I finally take down all the Christmas decorations? Hmm