Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 14th, 2022

I've still yet to get a new phone when I said I'd try in the New Year sales but ahh, ended up not doing so. Even though I keep running into slow loading which is one of the reasons I want a new one in the first place. XD

Ah, you're not the only one not having to take down Xmas decorations yet. Got a neighbour who still have lights outside on their garden wall, and think I saw some other houses who still have some remnants of theirs up too. At least it's not like the person I saw on TV once who loves Christmas so much, she does take down decorations after the event however they're back up at the end of February in preparation for the next Xmas. LOL Can't remember what I saw it on, but that is ridiculous.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 16th, 2022

@Mr EliteL: She sounds like one of the people who would fit into some new trend I heard about at work where people don't take down their Christmas tree and instead just decorate it based on the current event, like Valentine's or July 4 or whatever.

What's everyone up to or been up to today/lately? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 17th, 2022

(Feb 14th, 2022, 08:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Got a neighbour who still have lights outside on their garden wall, and think I saw some other houses who still have some remnants of theirs up too. At least it's not like the person I saw on TV once who loves Christmas so much, she does take down decorations after the event however they're back up at the end of February in preparation for the next Xmas. LOL Can't remember what I saw it on, but that is ridiculous.
But...why even take them down then??? What a waste of time LOL At least the folk that keep them up year-round and just swap out holiday elements to match the time of year have some kind of logic based in their decision. 

I dunno what's up with me. Thought maybe some cold/COVID symptoms popped up this morning. Woke up immediately sneezing and my nose would not stop running. Proceeded to move to down my throat, then just took residence in my head for a really heavy headache. No fever. Stayed home from work anyway just in case. I slept most of today to ward it off, seems to have worked. Immune system probably took a dive when I was mentally drained yesterday so my guard was let down, but seems my immune system kicked in right away overnight to remove shit that started to invade.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 18th, 2022

I have no idea, that's just the summary of what I can remember. XD

That's what I kinda of felt like when I woke up today, was completely fine yesterday apart from a slight cough, still is a slight cough but became a sore throat. Took a test to make sure but not that, thank goodness. Props to getting the day off and also to your immune system for getting rid of the crap when you rested. Hope you're better today, Shira.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 21st, 2022

I should really finish my self portrait that's due tomorrow night but I feel so tired I'm tempted to just wake up really early in the morning and work on it for a few hours instead when I can focus better...

Hope everyone had a nice weekend by the way. Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 21st, 2022

(Feb 18th, 2022, 01:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I have no idea, that's just the summary of what I can remember. XD

That's what I kinda of felt like when I woke up today, was completely fine yesterday apart from a slight cough, still is a slight cough but became a sore throat. Took a test to make sure but not that, thank goodness. Props to getting the day off and also to your immune system for getting rid of the crap when you rested. Hope you're better today, Shira.

Thanks, hope you are too! Our bodies seem to be trying their hardest lately Sweat

A little sad my car's fucked cuz next week is cruise week at the office which means less work and more free time (which, in turn, means game time!) but oof.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 21st, 2022

I'm hoping my car isn't developing a problem. I keep hearing a weird creaking noise whenever I'm going at a very slow speed (like, 5mph) and although I haven't noticed the car behaving any differently (yet), I still don't need any problem that puts my car out of commission like @ShiraNoMai's. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 22nd, 2022

Yup I am feeling better now. Grin

Darn how often do you guys get problems with your car? Yeesh, you can't catch a break with that either.  Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 23rd, 2022

(Feb 22nd, 2022, 12:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Darn how often do you guys get problems with your car? Yeesh, you can't catch a break with that either.  Doh
Well Shira's car has had the following happen to it within at least the last year or so:
  • Battery needed replacing
  • Front bumper tore off by debris
  • Rear bumper dented by collision
  • Ignition coil shot
At this point the thing needs to be shot into the sun. Whistle

It wouldn't be so bad if money hadn't been tight for us so badly this past month. I've never really felt the squeeze before and it really sucks. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 23rd, 2022

It's impressive; I'm starting to think the car is cursed at this point, honestly. Those last three happened within the last 90 days.

I'm already starting to look at new cars. Seems I could get about $12.5k for this if I fix the stupid ignition coil. That'd be a sizeable amount towards a new car. I'm just not looking forward to having to make monthly car payments. Of all three cars I've owned, I've never once had to make a car payment; I've been fortunate enough to be able to have paid in full upon purchase.

But this one would be an actually new car instead of a certified used as I've been having. I'm excited but ugh yeah, as Moony said, this money squeeze has been quite rough lately. >.<

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 24th, 2022

It's weird that my car is older and would have older coils yet mine hasn't had an issue. Then again maybe I should shut up before I curse myself.

At least I found out I still had a decent stash of money in England and so got some transferred over into my US account so money isn't so tight anymore. Has anyone else ever had money worries before? x.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 26th, 2022

It's possible that the manufacturing of my car was different to your year's. Possibly cheaper materials. Sucks, but I'm not shocked. New fancy equipment is more expensive, cost needs to be eaten somewhere. Eh

Finally getting the damn thing looked at on Tuesday. Been driving on eggshells this week since my boss wanted me in. The light disappeared but it may be due to the fact I had the error message rescinded cuz I had that evaluated to diagnose the problem. Dunno if doing that resets it.

Just looking forward to not having this car be cursed. Please, I can't deal with more issues with it. Just be a good car and operate Cry

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 27th, 2022

I doubt a warning light on the dashboard would disappear just from having the car checked, because that doesn't resolve the issue. It might just be that when it was checked something got moved slightly and the car doesn't register the problem as being severe enough to warn you about it still.

I wish my PS5 had been successfully delivered Friday so I could've played with it all weekend since I actually have no homework for once. Ah well, Spring Break is in a week so I'll just play with it then. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 1st, 2022

Well, I look at it like, when you "read" your notifications, they go away, but if you didn't visit the respective application to go look at what you were being notified for, it didn't actually 'resolve' anything. It just hid the notification. I dunno, speculating. The car definitely has that coil blown still. Was driving mostly fine for the past week but tonight on the way home I noticed it starting to misfire again, but this time while in motion and not while stopped. Gotta drive it tomorrow to work somehow and that makes me nervous Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 2nd, 2022

I think I've developed IBS because I have such bad acid reflux today and the only thing I can attribute it to is the huge amount of stress and unsettlement I feel today. Errm