Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 3rd, 2022

If only you made that appointment with the stomach doctor. Whistle

Been getting very tired lately and that's frustrating cuz it conflicts with my ability to attend gym at night. Ugh.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 4th, 2022

I really hope you haven't developed IBS Moony I know that can be really rough!

You can do it Nikki I believe in you! You can get to the gym and get those gains! Just also do balance your days with rest as well. I;m not sure how many days you work out, but having rest days is good too.

Do you feel like you need to have your rest days on a specific day or could you be kinda flexible with your work out and rest days? Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 6th, 2022

I've been aiming to do gym every other day, meaning gym one day, rest next, then back to gym, and then rest, and so on. So I was able to actually go on Thursday! And it felt amazing! Got back on my clean eating 100% and was able to have my earned cheat meal as a reward today after my gym workout this morning Grin

Happy to go see friends and that AEW show this weekend. Need some time away I think. Wish I took off more than Monday but eh.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 6th, 2022

(Mar 4th, 2022, 07:49 PM)Karo Wrote:
I really hope you haven't developed IBS Moony I know that can be really rough!
Yeah I only assume it's that because I only get it when I'm stressed I find. The worst it does is make me lose my appetite and feel a bit rough but it's at least tolerable, albeit annoying.

Happy to finally have my Spring Break! Going up to Orlando today and coming back tomorrow, then I get the whole week to enjoy my PS5 and other stuff without dealing with homework. :D

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 6th, 2022

Good job with the clean eating and exercising Nikki! I hope you have a good weekend!

Tolerable is better than untolerable I think? Unsure My spring break I think I'll eb spending it painting, but painting isn't bad or anything. Gasp

Tolerable to me means I can continue to do most things as normal without much issue. If it was making me feel really unwell and unable to do things then it wouldn't be tolerable.

And painting? You mean like pictures or painting a fence or something? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 6th, 2022

Painting pictures because I'm doing two painting classes and paintings take a while and painting is in layers!

Paintings are like ogres!

So you have assignments to do over your Spring Break? Or are these long term projects that you get a lot of time for and you're just spending some of your Spring Break on them?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 8th, 2022

I wanna try out digital painting some time soon -- I've been blessed with a work iPad and have been drawing logos and such on it for tasks at work, but I have the urge to do some other artsy things with it, and painting might just be that possibility Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 10th, 2022

Digital painting sounds way better than physical only because there's none of the stress and labour of dealing with actual paint where you need to mix colors, blend colors, not make a mistake that takes a lot of effort to fix, etc. Tongue

I really wish I had two weeks off for Spring Break. I don't feel like a week is long enough for a proper vacation anymore. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 13th, 2022

I think the best thing about digital painting is precisely the ability to undo at any point. The hard commitment of painting is what makes it so annoying and stressful. I genuinely think practice on a digital artboard would be so beneficial to learning and preparing for actual painting. Then again, the thing with fine art is to be less precise and more free-flowing, so making mistakes is part of the practice. Hmm. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Mar 13th, 2022

Yay, Windows 11 finally had the update that added the clock to the secondary monitor. Why that wasn't a feature from launch, I don't know, but it'll be nice to be able to see the time on my second monitor while I'm playing a game full screen on my main.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 13th, 2022

What would you say 11 does better than 10 @Dragon Lord?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 16th, 2022

Digital art is just kitsch drivel! True art is avant garde and belong to the the elite who have the time to learn to appreciate it! Angry

Kitsch art is all clean and easy to understand and everyone can appreciate it!

But the avant garde when you see that precisely placed circle you really need to think about it! Cause everyone really appreciates having to take a course about a painting to learn about it!

I feel so bad for the common art peasant that will never understand true art.... </3

[Image: 1185_1588760229p0PFG.jpg]

To be honest I much prefer kitsch art over avant garde art, but post war art was filled with this type of crap and I don't get why.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 17th, 2022

@Karo: I have zero clue what you just said except that you used the word "kitsch" and I hate that word ever since I was given a project in college (UK) based around it. @Mr EliteL will probably agree with me on that if he recalls that project too. XD

How's your Spring Break going so far?