Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 3rd, 2022

Yeah I caught that two weeks ago. Ruined/lost that entire weekend, and then some of the work week. Here's hoping you get through it sooner than later, friend. Sad

It was strange, catching a cold after not being afflicted with anything since COVID began. It was nice not being ill for a while.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 4th, 2022

(Apr 3rd, 2022, 02:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I'm finding it a little hard to believe it's already April, but thinking on it, 2022 has been pretty eventful so far, so idk really.

Anyone enjoying some good weather this weekend, or is it a hell hole like it is in South Florida? ROFL
I think the 2020's as a whole have been eventful, compared to the decade prior to it.

As for the weather, obviously it's the same as yours but I hated the rain on Friday. It started right as my class ended and I didn't bring an umbrella, so I got stuck walking in it to my car and was utterly soaked by the time I got to it. Sad

(Apr 3rd, 2022, 02:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It's still like Winter here early on in the day, when the Sun does come out though it gets warmer but that's like way after midday it actually starts to feel better, because my room is nice a cosy, but when I leave it's freezing elsewhere. XD UK weather, geez.
Yeah, I saw somewhere in the UK got snow recently?

(Apr 3rd, 2022, 11:03 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
It might as well still be winter for me, considering I got lucky enough to catch a severe cold, if not the flu outright. I've had a fun week, and I'm still in the thick of it (got a cough like a smoker and a voice that could cut glass).
Aww, I hope you feel better soon Cricket!  Sad ^_^

(Apr 3rd, 2022, 11:26 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah I caught that two weeks ago. Ruined/lost that entire weekend, and then some of the work week. Here's hoping you get through it sooner than later, friend. Sad

It was strange, catching a cold after not being afflicted with anything since COVID began. It was nice not being ill for a while.
^^ And somehow I never caught it from her. Which makes a change for me considering I usually catch everything. Rolleyes

I've been wanting to play games today but the power keeps faltering due to the weather and I don't want to risk messing up my PS5. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 6th, 2022

Yikes, hope that awful cold/flu will be over for you soon, Maniak.

Yes, we did get some snow, perhaps it settled in some areas but not where I live, we did get some snow pouring though which was indeed odd but not too strange given how cold it's been.

May have some news later today, depending on what happens, but things aren't looking good.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 6th, 2022

(Apr 6th, 2022, 02:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
May have some news later today, depending on what happens, but things aren't looking good.
Well damn you want to be anymore ominous with that statement boy? Blink
Whatever it is I hope you're okay!

Yeah, I'm OK for the most part. It's my cat is what the news will be about, she's taken a turn but if there's any luck she's just having a down day but I don't think that's it. She's going to the vet later and well, could be her last day. We'll find out soon.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that dude. I hope she's okay. Sad

Thanks. Just been to the vets. She is on her last legs, the thing is she wasn't eating, struggling to relieve herself and not her usual self this morning. I didn't realise it when I was up and saw her before work, thought she was just refusing food like she sometimes does (but tries to get other food normally). We just thought of the worst, and could still be that if tomorrow/Friday she turns out worse. We had three options, first to put down which was deemed too early at this stage, second to put her on some meds (appetite stimulant), or an unethical option of fluids and other such which isn't necessary at her age. Went with option 2 for now and see how she goes, hopefully passing through what's in her and getting back into eating. If not, well sadly it's back to option 1. We got a single tablet for tonight to see if she responds well. I'm OK if it turns out bad though, she's 19, very almost 20 years this month.

Wow, yeah she lived a long live at least if the worst outcome does occur, which while still sad you at least know she had a full life. Hopefully the meds work but if not at least you can know you gave her a fair shot and ultimately did what was best for her. Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 7th, 2022

Yup. So far she's only doing a tiny bit better than yesterday, hasn't really gotten her appetite back yet, just drinking water and had some licking food, might've had a nibble of some cat food but not sure. She's either relaxing in the bath where some water is; it's a spot she randomly has chosen to get water from like in last year or so XD , but spends much more time in there. Or if she's outside, on a step or next to the garden wall near the step. This step was a favourite spot of her late sister too. It's been raining, too cold or too windy for her to be outside though so she comes back in. Yesterday was more groggy and looked less willing, although today she's shaking a bit, probably from the cold when outside when I noticed it, or lack of food. I think it's possible she did indeed remove what was inside her as that was one of the reasons she was so down, plus she's been a bit more bright today, so hope she can start eating more soon perhaps, even if it's a little more.

Still trying to prepare for any bad news tomorrow though when she goes to the vet again at 11AM to see how she's doing, as I'll be at work and we agreed we don't want to put her through too much if it comes to it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 7th, 2022

I'm glad to hear she's doing a bit better today. I guess it's also good to know that if the vet does suggest the worst tomorrow, that she isn't currently suffering terribly in the lead up to that. Wink

Going to my first therapy appointment today with a new therapist after dropping the other one like 12 weeks ago. Hopefully this one turns out better, which shouldn't be hard considering how my other one started to act. Whistle

Huh, wow. Sounds like that therapist started acting less supportive or something, did that start after you found out your condition, or was it after that? Eh It was the person that said they basically knew what you had before being diagnosed, right? Whatever the case, good to move on to a different therapist.

(Apr 7th, 2022, 03:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Huh, wow. Sounds like that therapist started acting less supportive or something, did that start after you found out your condition, or was it after that? Eh It was the person that said they basically knew what you had before being diagnosed, right? Whatever the case, good to move on to a different therapist.
It wasn't so much she was less supportive, but rather just acting less professional on a more frequent basis. At first it was five minutes late here or there, then it turned into her being late every week where at times it would be up to 30 minutes, usually because she would book doctor appointments for herself less than an hour before her appointments, and despite how often that would never work out she would still do it. She would also constantly be taking phone calls during appointments, or playing with her dog, or looking for paperwork that she didn't bother to find before the appointment, so add all of it together and you'd be lucky to get even 20 minutes of therapy with her for what was supposed to be an hour. And she would still charge for the full hour and was more than happy to just text that she was late or cancelling right when my appointment was supposed to start, but the one time I cancelled on her she acted pissy I left it last minute. Rolleyes
I'm apparently not the first person to tell my psychiatrist about her doing that so it isn't just me. Also found out she's like 80 which would explain why a lot of the time she has no clue what I'm talking about because she doesn't understand it due to the 50 year age gap between us. XD

Oh damn, what the, she's 80?! I was assuming they'd be younger than that, 70 tops maybe or something. XD Not to lower credibility of someone working that late into their life, I know people can still be of worth professionally, but damn she was not being considerate at all, and to ask for the full hour charge after all that is not acceptable.

I had no idea she was that old. I thought she was in her mid-60's or early 70's, but at first she was really good and didn't do any of that stuff so I didn't have issue with her right out the gate. It just gradually devolved over time to the point it became a joke.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 8th, 2022

It's unfortunate. I mean, you'd have to love your job a lot to continue doing it well into retirement age. I hope she realizes soon enough that she's getting diminishing returns with her services and will finally retire out of the career. She's obviously done plenty of good in her time as a therapist; best to hang it up while she can.

Hoping the best for your cat, EL. It's worth noting that pets don't want to make us sad, ever, so they hide their pain and suffering from us as much as possible and try it make it seem like there's no issues. Let's see what your vet says, of course, but consider your pet holding out for you/your family as much as possible could make their quality of life suffer. It's insanely tough pill to swallow but ya gotta do what's best for them, cuz they only care about what's best for us. Sad