Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 10th, 2022

Aw thanks, Shira. Yeah we were considering that too, I don't want to prolong her too much. The med she took didn't do much at first, Thursday she was a bit better but not eating still though by the evening she was willing to eat again. Our vet did say if the medication worked it could do well for her if she responds, and she eventually did. I wasn't there on the Friday visit but the vet was pleased with how she was doing. Got some more pills for her which I found is easy to give her if with some turkey slices. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 11th, 2022

Ugh, pills for pets. Ever since I discovered there are liquid variants available for pet medication I always ask for that if it's an option even if it costs more. I've never had a cat that I can get a pill into easily, and doing the old "hide it in the food" trick has never worked for me because they either smell it in there or taste it while eating the food and spit it back out. At least with liquid you just squirt it in their mouth and they can't spit it back out. Errm

I'm watching a vod of Mario Galaxy 2 and I swear every time I look up I see a different gimmick on the screen. Having so many gimmicks that were just for Galaxy must be a wet dream for the people who work at Game Freak. Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 12th, 2022

Unfortunately for Moony, he did not realize that said streamer switched between Galaxy 2 and 3D World Tongue Both ironically contain Green Stars, but one game has them optionally post-game and the other is required for progression.

I'm glad to hear your furbaby is on the upswing though. Making her time on the planet that much more enjoyable for her ^_^

Speaking of furbaby, our little nuisance is an adorable loaf cake who has been very needy lately as of late. Getting very spoiled on his wet food intake.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 12th, 2022

(Apr 12th, 2022, 03:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Unfortunately for Moony, he did not realize that said streamer switched between Galaxy 2 and 3D World Tongue Both ironically contain Green Stars, but one game has them optionally post-game and the other is required for progression.
This is true, although when I made my initial comment I know it was still Galaxy 2 because Yoshi was rideable and I don't think you can do that in 3D World?

What are people up to anyway? I'm currently procrastinating from working on a 6 page essay that's due on Friday at midnight. Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 13th, 2022

Loaf cake XD Yes, every loaf cake need all the loves. :3

Eh, just had a double discount event at work which goes up until Monday so bought some stuff after work, then at home about to play Genshin.

Oof no, essays. That and presentations will forever be my most dislike of education. I remember getting dreams of still having to do essays, or there's an impending due date even while I have work in the dream. ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 13th, 2022

(Apr 13th, 2022, 03:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Eh, just had a double discount event at work which goes up until Monday so bought some stuff after work, then at home about to play Genshin.

Oof no, essays. That and presentations will forever be my most dislike of education. I remember getting dreams of still having to do essays, or there's an impending due date even while I have work in the dream. ROFL
That's early isn't it? I always thought we just had the one around October/November time? Anyway what did you get?

Fortunately the essays I get in college aren't terrible since they tend to be pretty open for you to choose what you write about. Like when I had an essay to do on prison reform I could choose whatever I wanted as a way to improve that, and so I opted to do a paper on using video games to reform inmates.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 13th, 2022

Yeah the discount event was instead of giving every worker a free Easter Egg, last year we actually got only the small packs of Easter things like Malteaser Bunnies or something, not even an Egg so whatever. I bought myself two packs J20, two Easter Eggs one Malteaser Truffles, on Ferrero Rocher but one will be for my Dad, letting him choose which when he comes over Sunday, Walkers Meaty crisps, chilled food and yogurt like cat food which she likes.

Ah, not too bad then. I'd still hate because I'd have trouble coming up with something or rather making it long enough for an essay. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 14th, 2022

(Apr 13th, 2022, 03:59 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah the discount event was instead of giving every worker a free Easter Egg, last year we actually got only the small packs of Easter things like Malteaser Bunnies or something, not even an Egg so whatever. I bought myself two packs J20, two Easter Eggs one Malteaser Truffles, on Ferrero Rocher but one will be for my Dad, letting him choose which when he comes over Sunday, Walkers Meaty crisps, chilled food and yogurt like cat food which she likes.

Ah, not too bad then. I'd still hate because I'd have trouble coming up with something or rather making it long enough for an essay. XD
Wow you guys were getting free Easter eggs?! When did they start that because it wasn't a thing while I worked there! Cry
Ya know I don't think I ever tried a J20, but I know @ShiraNoMai did one time and misses them. Alas buying them here is like $30 for a 4-pack on Amazon, which is utterly ridiculous. Errm
Yogurt like cat food? Please enlighten me on whatever this new invention of cat food is because I swear that didn't exist before I left the UK. o.o

Eh, today hasn't gone as well as I hoped for my essay either. I at least decided to instead get all the small stuff aside like the quotes and such that I want, so that way all I need to do is write without constantly looking for things again. It did at least help me formulate ideas and narrow down my idea. It's funny because I realised that it's 5-6 pages double spaced, 12pt, which is roughly like 1500 words which is not that much; especially compared to my prison reform paper which came in at a whopping 15 pages and that was me murdering my darlings and trimming it down for the sake of time. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 15th, 2022

I think an actual Easter Egg was like once maybe twice, then went down to the smaller treat last year, and any other time I got an Easter Egg from my section leader which doesn't count, so it's been allowed at least twice or a third time, but I really can't remember that or not. Just feel like it could've been. I'm not surprised they let it go this year and just opted for discount.
Speaking of Easter Eggs they were running out today finally, so can't wait for tomorrow's latecomers asking if we have any or perhaps they'll be greedy b's trying to get more, then all over again on Monday. XD I'm fine though, got 8 (eaten 3), might give one away though not sure yet and doesn't include one I bought for my dad and one I bought today for my mum.

The yogurt cat food is called Lick-e-Licks, they're in a squeezy tube and can be used by itself as a treat or if you want, which we do sometime, put on (wet) food to entice the cat to eat. Come in a few flavours, but they seemed to have gotten rid of my cat's favourite which was Liver. There's also Chicken, Salmon, Cheese & Taurine and Sausage & Liver. She used to go bonkers for the Liver. XD We don't get the Salmon one.

Well, hope the rest of your essay goes well, Moony. Good luck!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 17th, 2022

Man I'm jealous that you can get so many Easter eggs. I can only really get one because they cost a lot more due to them being imported, but ah well. Tongue

I love that name for that product! XD

As for the essay, I wrote the entire thing on Friday and finished it ten minutes before the deadline. Whistle

Also, Happy Easter everyone! Anyone doing anything for the day? I'm just planning to treat it like any other Sunday I have off I think.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 17th, 2022

I wasn't planning on getting so many, at first I thought nah then I'll get one or two, then I bought two small quite early and ate them, so I'll get another two small, then oh but I want a bigger one (medium sized), no wait I want an even bigger one! Once I got them I got another small one, yet another of those from my mum plus Cream Eggs from my Dad. LOL

Mine was fine, saw my bro and fiancé after they came back from our local church with my mum. They talked a bit more about their wedding plans, then left. Dad and family friend popped over, mum cooked a meal for all five of us, I washed up while three of them went on a walk and mum rested. Then four of us played a card game then Scrabble, ate some snacks and Easter Eggs. So was pretty good I guess. Got a week of work now though, off Tuesday at least until the following Tuesday which will be my next full day off. Yay.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 20th, 2022

Oof, seven days in at once? I hate whenever I have to do that although it's been a while for me fortunately.

Anyway, afternoon/evening people! Is everyone keeping well? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 21st, 2022

Yep! New schedule is working out for me so far. Slipped up a little in coming home at the appropriate time today (lost track of time), but still managed to do everything I wanted to.

How about yourself? Semester is ending soon, any final thoughts on your first one in the art courses?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 22nd, 2022

(Apr 21st, 2022, 03:45 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
How about yourself? Semester is ending soon, any final thoughts on your first one in the art courses?
Eh, for some reason my mood today has been really low and I don't know why. It's making it hard for me to care about much which sucks because it means anything I normally enjoy isn't really enjoyable today which is what I'd use to improve my mood normally. Eh

As for my semester, I loved it. It reminds me of what it was like when I was in college in the UK, but I would say my view on making art is improved over how it was back then. I didn't really appreciate physical mediums as much back then and felt that everything could just be done on a computer with Photoshop. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 24th, 2022

Yeah, I feel like there should be some kind of Litmus Test for folk who leave secondary school to see if they have the maturity and understanding to move onto post-secondary, or to just move into the workforce until that time comes around. Putting ALL young kids/adults into the same boat and forcing them to make life-altering decisions is just outright dumb.