Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 19th, 2022

Even better that my work didn't want me wearing a mask to protect everyone around me because customers would suspect something is up if they see me wearing a mask for the first time in months and might panic at customer service if they find out I might be positive with COVID. ROFL

I've started getting an iffy throat but nothing else yet, so I'm hoping that I don't get worse over the weekend. Especially with classes starting next week. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 20th, 2022

Saw your dad today at work, Moony (who of course was also working) and he mentioned you've now got it too. Or unless he was telling me "you've" got it meaning Shira has it which I already knew, but specfically said your name, so is it ture? Sad

Either way, you both will get through it! Hope it's the kind that is just passing through/you'll be fine in a few days.

I think that too, since I stopped wearing a mask and if I start again, people will start to wonder if I have symptoms but just coming into work regardless of the chance of spreading. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 20th, 2022

@Mr EliteL: Yeah, it seems I too have COVID now. Started getting worse symptoms yesterday as the day went on, eventually to the point of aching really bad from the waist down and having a fever. Popped some Advil this morning after calling out of work and so far that has managed to stem the ill feelings so I can moderately function still.

Not surprised I caught it in the end since Shira had it so there was no way I was avoiding it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 20th, 2022

Yeah that's what happened with my bro too, his fiancée caught it first, then he caught it soon after so just one catching and even if they try their best to not pass it on, it'll infect whoever's living with them anyway. Can't wait for either myself, sister or mum catches it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 20th, 2022

I think Barb's (Twitch) wife caught COVID and he avoided getting it from her by basically restricting themselves to separate rooms or something the entire time.

It's so stupid that we got it due to one person though when we've gone on planes, gone to GDQ and AEW, and never once got it from those yet they all involved tons of people where in all but one instance nobody wore masks.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 21st, 2022

She never caught it but she was suspected of possibly catching it when she interacted with someone at her job with it. Trihex's girlfriend came down with it, I'm unsure how Trihex avoided getting it but he did. My brother also once he realized my sister-in-law was possibly COVID risky, he started to mask up around her, and they slept in different rooms. He didn't catch it that time (he caught it later this year).

It's almost like masking and isolating actually functions to some degree huh Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 21st, 2022

Ah yes I Venom did catch it and Trihex didn't. So it isn't 100% likelihood then, perhaps luck plays in too I guess, but sucks it did happen to Moony. At least you don't have to completely keep your distance away from each other during it. Ah since I tend to isolate myself away from my mum and sister already, all I'd have to do is wear a mask and avoid them more than usual so hopefully not catch/spread it to them when one of us is positive. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 21st, 2022

I need to stop claiming that if my COVID symptoms don't get worse it won't be too bad because every time I say that I wake up the next day feeling worse. Rolleyes

Currently sweating my tits off from a 102F fever so that's fun...

Hopefully everyone else is having a better weekend than I am. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 21st, 2022

Geez, feck that. Man, hope that is the worst of it and it starts to lighten soon for you, yeesh.

Spending my Sunday grinding and I have until Tuesday 3AM/9AM to get the event done on Genshin across all three of my accounts/server. Man, stupid self leaving it to now again, partly being too tired to play for long lengths of time and partly procrastinating on stupid YouTube.  Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 21st, 2022

What you been watching on YouTube boy? Tongue

Advil has managed to come to my rescue again but the unfortunate thing is that when I go to bed I have to get through an entire night without the ability to take it because of sleeping, which means I wake up first thing feeling awful until I can take some and have it kick in.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 23rd, 2022

I expect Moony's symptoms to start sucking less by tomorrow. Day 4 and 5 I started to notice the most improvement. It's been a whole week for me at this point. Still testing positive, as I just checked this morning to assure my boss I wouldn't be coming in to spread it. Worked from home.

I hope to get this house sorted out this week(end) though. I need to get my shit back together and into routine. Just hard when you're busy isolating at home Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 24th, 2022

@Moonface : Silly stuff that randomly piques my interest, like watching someone make a possible roster for a new TMNT fighting game, Guilty Gear X BlazBlue, if Smash was made with primarily Sega characters which took took like 4 hours when I could've spent that time on Genshin, and didn't finish watching each vid. Or watching videos that I just switch off because it starts to bore me (sub videos or other random videos), Genshin character spotlight videos or new/current banner characters er, other stuff. Ahn that reminds me I need to quickly watch a Genshin banner-end pulling video.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 26th, 2022

Ah. I sometimes go on random binges like that on YouTube but that relies on the front page actually recommending me something decent instead of garbage when it tries to give me stuff outside of my usual content, and considering my "don't recommend this channel again" list is likely in the hundreds it's not often I get good things pushed to me. Tongue

As for my COVID, it's mostly a bad cough now with the odd moment of feeling really hot, although it's not a fever. Decided to call out for my shifts tomorrow and Saturday so I'm properly refreshed for work rather than pushing it too soon, since I'm not really fully recovered enough to be hauling 1000lb+ pallets about without consequence.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 26th, 2022

Yeah better to be safe than sorry with that, but still hope you'll be well enough for work activity and pretty much normal everyday activity soon. Good it's gone down, take it Shira's either almost or pretty much recovered by now too.

Completely forgot I was working longer for Wednesday, and still stayed an hour later. Couldn't be bothered to even play Genshin's new update, just did a tiny bit and then sat there. The day wasn't exhausting or anything because of the length of shift, just...didn't want to do anything. Yesterday and today was better though.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 26th, 2022

I should be fine by Monday, since I don't really have any symptoms at this point so I just need to get the last of it out my system.

Any plans for the weekend @Mr EliteL or anyone else?