Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 10th, 2018

Guys. Only one more day until I leave for New York.

[Image: 519]

Hopefully I don't die in a fiery plane crash.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 10th, 2018

(Jul 10th, 2018, 11:05 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 10th, 2018, 10:51 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
As much as I hate to fuck with people's livelihoods, I really hope TapATalk fails... in a spectacular fashion.

I get ya, buddy.

What they did couldn't simply be glanced over.

I have got a question for you Americans (and/or people who have experience with how VISA works in the US). I have been thinking about doing a travel across the country to visit friends, acquaintances and business partners. And, while it probably won't happen any time soon, I have two large doubts about it:

1) Does the tourist VISA allow you to travel across states?

2) Do I need to get a second one in order to also move to Canada? (Can I even get that from the US?).

I know these questions sound silly, but I'd rather hear the answer from the source Tongue

1) I think? But I can not any information so it is best to talk to the US Embassy about that.

2) You would need to talk to the US and Canadian Embassies about that (if its going to be two counties at the same time)

I also must caution you as you said "friends and business partners" the US has two visas for "tourism" it looks like the B-1 is for business and B-2 is for pleasure, I doubt the B-1 would prohibit seeing friends and family(and a quick google fu supports that but it wasn't an official US Gov't site) but a B-2 vista (pleasure) would certainly prohibit business actives (such as seeing business partners).

(Jul 10th, 2018, 11:21 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Guys. Only one more day until I leave for New York.

[Image: 519]

Hopefully I don't die in a fiery plane crash.

I see your rare green frog and raise you:

[Image: zqpijGZ.png]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 10th, 2018

(Jul 10th, 2018, 11:49 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
As much as I hate to fuck with people's livelihoods, I really hope TapATalk fails... in a spectacular fashion.

I get ya, buddy.

I have got a question for you Americans (and/or people who have experience with how VISA works in the US). I have been thinking about doing a travel across the country to visit friends, acquaintances and business partners. And, while it probably won't happen any time soon, I have two large doubts about it:

2) Do I need to get a second one in order to also move to Canada? (Can I even get that from the US?).

I know these questions sound silly, but I'd rather hear the answer from the source Tongue

1) I think? But I can not any information so it is best to talk to the US Embassy about that.

2) You would need to talk to the US and Canadian Embassies about that (if its going to be two counties at the same time)

I also must caution you as you said "friends and business partners" the US has two visas for "tourism" it looks like the B-1 is for business and B-2 is for pleasure, I doubt the B-1 would prohibit seeing friends and family(and a quick google fu supports that but it wasn't an official US Gov't site) but a B-2 vista (pleasure) would certainly prohibit business actives (such as seeing business partners).

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Seems that this is gonna be trickier than it seemed.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 11th, 2018

(Jul 10th, 2018, 11:58 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

I get ya, buddy.

I mean I don't know crap about the visa system or it might be simpler then what I made it out to be.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 11th, 2018

(Jul 11th, 2018, 12:28 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 10th, 2018, 11:58 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

I get ya, buddy.

I mean I don't know crap about the visa system or it might be simpler then what I made it out to be.

It's OK. I really appreciate your input anyway Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 11th, 2018

DL, hope you have a great trip over there, and time at the Miku concert. Should be a blast, I'm sure. Grin

Speaking of travelling, I haven't done much in preparation for mine apart from the bookings I've done. Almost mid July, October's approaching quick. Intending to be fully prepared late September, so I got time. A bit. XD Haven't been abroad since Italy or Belgium. Can't remember what years those were, as it's also been many since my last proper holiday. Well, Italy in 2010 I think. Damn, don't like looking back, they keep getting further away. D= XD

(Jul 11th, 2018, 07:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
DL, hope you have a great trip over there, and time at the Miku concert. Should be a blast, I'm sure. Grin

Speaking of travelling, I haven't done much in preparation for mine apart from the bookings I've done. Almost mid July, October's approaching quick. Intending to be fully prepared late September, so I got time. A bit. XD Haven't been abroad since Italy or Belgium. Can't remember what years those were, as it's also been many since my last proper holiday. Well, Italy in 2010 I think. Damn, don't like looking back, they keep getting further away. D= XD

Last time I had a "vacation" was back in 09? And even then I was chaperoning a bunch of high school students in New Orleans, All the other chaperones were drinking...damn me being a few months shy of 21 then!
not that I drink now...

@PM: That's eerily similar to my last time out on vacations.

(Jul 11th, 2018, 08:21 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

How so?

(Jul 11th, 2018, 08:57 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

How so?
Had to babysit a bunch of minors in area I was not from while being just shy of the legal drinking age.

But it was 2008.

(Jul 11th, 2018, 09:05 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 11th, 2018, 08:57 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

How so?
Had to babysit a bunch of minors in area I was not from while being just shy of the legal drinking age.

But it was 2008.

Ah.

Well

I guess this part is true once more as England lost the semi final.

Everyone seems to know the score, they've seen it all before
They just know, they're so sure
That England's gonna throw it away, gonna blow it away

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 11th, 2018

Ugh, that song's also been stuck in my head. Need to get it out, and not with some stupid ass poorly selected radio song I may hear at work tomorrow.

To reiterate my edited post in the other topic, whoo we lost. Only watched the last 25 minutes of the extra time, and looked hopeless. Needed more feints, as in once being challenged, there were opportunities to...ahh screw it, why am I bothering? I wasn't that interested in football and shouldn't get too bothered by it. XD Cue riot and violence as news tomorrow or something. Apparently there were talks of making a statue of our manager, and other way too much praise prematurely. Sure, the team's done it's best....ah crud I'm doing it again. LOL

I'm tired from work/not letting myself have enough sleep. Can't wait for 1:30PM tomorrow!

Croatia put their dang soul into it. Any other result would have been BS.

(Jul 11th, 2018, 10:24 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Croatia put their dang soul into it. Any other result would have been BS.

I don't care, England needed to win because I as an American has been subjected to "Three Lions" way too much and now my suffering was in vain!

The only other acceptable result would have been the US winning the World Cup, so we could have a trifecta of FREEDOMING THE SHIT OF OUT SCOCCER

Women's World Cup
Arresting and Charging the corrupt FIFA officals
then Men's World Cup would have been just so [FREEDOM INTENSIFIES]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 12th, 2018

Quote:I don't care, England needed to win because I as an American has been subjected to "Three Lions" way too much and now my suffering was in vain!

Gotta love that.

Wonder if it is handled by the same people who teach you to expect a snowy Christmas (even though that totally doesn't work in the South xD).