Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 26th, 2022

A 10-hour shift again tomorrow then visiting my step-granddad Sunday which means no Phasmo again. I have bank holiday Monday off though which is sweet as I have my usual Tuesday off too for that nice extended weekend. Those two days no real plans yet except maybe some gardening which I CBA to do.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 27th, 2022

I don't think we have Labor Day this coming Monday but I don't really pay attention to it since school is the only thing that'll be affected by it for me and I have no class that day anyway. TBF I only cared about the day in England because it meant 1.5x pay and a free day off in lieu and my job offers neither of those perks. XD

Most of my weekend is going to be spent catching up on things we were unable to do due to having COVID, such as grocery shopping, laundry, and dishes.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 27th, 2022

I think we still get extra pay still, there were talks of that being scrapped or something at one point, possibly the GMB stopped that. Then again I barely pay attention when I should, which is why I don't remember. I was probably told, accepted whatever that it happened was and just moved on thus forgetting what the outcome was. XD

Oof, illness holding back housework is indeed a pain especially when it had both of you out. Will the grocery shopping be done online for home delivery or are you able to go out now?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 28th, 2022

I bought some NIOSH certified N95 masks so we were able to go out. I should be negative at this point? I gotta check. Today would be day 12 since testing positive. It'd be Day 7 for Moony.

We got some delivery earlier in the week to cover a small bit of groceries, but we needed to restock on some of the other essentials. It was nice to finally exit my home for once and interact with society, briefly.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Aug 28th, 2022

(Aug 28th, 2022, 12:30 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I bought some NIOSH certified N95 masks so we were able to go out. I should be negative at this point? I gotta check. Today would be day 12 since testing positive. It'd be Day 7 for Moony.

We got some delivery earlier in the week to cover a small bit of groceries, but we needed to restock on some of the other essentials. It was nice to finally exit my home for once and interact with society, briefly.

Yikes, sorry to hear you were sick! My mom actually got COVID last month. I didn't bother wearing a mask and brought her food and ginger ale. Thankfully I managed to skave by without catching it! I made sure to test frequently as well, since I was exposed to her.

I've had it a couple times already, I think that's enough. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 28th, 2022

Yikes, you've already had it a couple times, Frank?! Good you didn't catch it again then, especially if it was a family member. I know you weren't wearing a mask (unless you were inside when near her, though you didn't mention that so I assume not, just not when getting the shopping), but perhaps your body system avoided it from experiencing it before, kinda like how someone could have a normal cold or cough nearby but you don't catch anything. Of course I know that doesn't make you immune, just one of the instances of getting lucky that time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Aug 28th, 2022

(Aug 28th, 2022, 09:54 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yikes, you've already had it a couple times, Frank?! Good you didn't catch it again then, especially if it was a family member. I know you weren't wearing a mask (unless you were inside when near her, though you didn't mention that so I assume not, just not when getting the shopping), but perhaps your body system avoided it from experiencing it before, kinda like how someone could have a normal cold or cough nearby but you don't catch anything. Of course I know that doesn't make you immune, just one of the instances of getting lucky that time.

I've been exposed quite a few times since getting it last, and managed to get away without getting sick. I am taking extra precautions obviously, but I'd like to think my body is building at least a tolerance to fight off the worst of it.

So covid talk aside, how's everyone been?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 28th, 2022

How bad was COVID for you @Frank? It got us pretty hard hence why the house has gone to shit. The kitchen is the worst because all the dishes piled up to the point we're running out of stuff to use. ROFL

Outside of COVID things haven't been too bad for me. I was worried about how my mental state would fare since my therapist is out on maternity leave for a few months so I've not had therapy now for about a month, but luckily she's good enough that I've managed to keep a relatively good outlook on things most of the time. My classes for Fall started last week but there's not much to say on those yet because the first week is always uneventful, but I at least know my teachers are really nice. Grin

What you been up to? I think I saw in your Ask Me thread you mentioned something about looking for a job?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Aug 29th, 2022

[Image: oDWfmkR.gif]
Looks like the weekend is over and a brand new week is upon us.
I hope you all have a great week! Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 29th, 2022

Yup, hello Nebulous!

Got today off work because of a bank holiday, don't have any immediate plans except playing on my PS5/laptop but might do some chores if I can be bothered and if not, tomorrow as I'm off work then too.

Also hope everyone has a good week or at least a better week than last.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 29th, 2022

I don't think I have yet got COVID, but apparently free testing is going to be going away soon....so yeah that not very good.

I hope you all recover from it without any long term effects ;n;

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 29th, 2022

(Aug 29th, 2022, 01:23 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
[Image: oDWfmkR.gif]
Looks like the weekend is over and a brand new week is upon us. 
I hope you all have a great week! Smile
You too Neb! ^_^
Any plans for the week?

(Aug 29th, 2022, 09:49 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Got today off work because of a bank holiday, don't have any immediate plans except playing on my PS5/laptop but might do some chores if I can be bothered and if not, tomorrow as I'm off work then too.
The only chore really on my list today is cleaning the dishes up. I spent so long yesterday cleaning the rest of the kitchen I didn't want to do anymore. XD

(Aug 29th, 2022, 03:25 PM)Karo Wrote:
I don't think I have yet got COVID, but apparently free testing is going to be going away soon....so yeah that not very good.

Does that include the home testing kits though? I've only used those, and my job finds those adequate enough now for proving you're positive with Covid whereas in the past they required an actual lab test. I personally find the home kits good enough and if they remain free I'm not worried about changes to the lab tests.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 30th, 2022

(Aug 29th, 2022, 04:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Does that include the home testing kits though? I've only used those, and my job finds those adequate enough now for proving you're positive with Covid whereas in the past they required an actual lab test. I personally find the home kits good enough and if they remain free I'm not worried about changes to the lab tests.

The free tests she's talking about are the at-home ones that we've been getting from the USPS. It's why I just made that order yesterday cuz I heard this news as well. Program ends on the 2nd. Errm

All my friends have been going down one by one this summer. We've all never had it this whole time. Sucks. All due to folks finally giving up COVID protocols this year, making it near impossible for transmission to be avoided. Damn dude, I hate people. Meh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 31st, 2022

(Aug 30th, 2022, 02:32 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
(Aug 29th, 2022, 04:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The free tests she's talking about are the at-home ones that we've been getting from the USPS. It's why I just made that order yesterday cuz I heard this news as well. Program ends on the 2nd. Errm
Oh, I thought she was talking about the free tests you can get at places like Walmart and stuff. Tongue

Nothing like going out to get dinner at a drive thru only to finally get to the speaker and be told they've just closed. Looks like cereal for dinner for me tonight now. Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 31st, 2022

What, how late was that Moony? Surely you have something else to eat other than cereal, although may have been just joking but if not then er...damn. I haven't and won't ever eat cereal for dinner, I have eaten cereal at 1PM before though as I had nothing to eat at the time, but evening just no. XD

Frick, I did eat cereal today and had a nibble at break at work, my hunger settled briefly but food talk made it rise again. Then again I am about to eat in a minute. Hope you guys have something to eat too.