Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 26th, 2022

Ugh, I hate how as of late I've been suffering from eating too soon before bed. It never used to affect me so trying to get used to this change is really hard to remember and it sucks that I keep being reminded the hard way. x.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 3rd, 2022

Currently waiting for my plane to take off to go to Texas for the weekend. Flying with Spirit so who knows how it's gonna turn out given their reputation. ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 4th, 2022

They're cheap so they can nickel and dime you elsewhere. Snacks? Pay. Drinks? Pay. Oh you wanted a glass of water? Pay up, fool.
Also their seats suck. We only had a 2 1/2 hour flight and my ass got numb at least twice during that period.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 4th, 2022

Man a glass of water you have to pay? Bottled water I'd understand but if there don't provide even that and you have to ask for a glass instead (well perhaps not an actual glass). So basically the price is just for the flight only, or is there some entertainment for the price too?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 4th, 2022

Let me put it this way: unless you were bringing a small bag that can be put under your seat, you had to pay to have it. We had to shove 4 days of clothing in tiny backpacks to avoid spending $70 per bag to carry on lol

But yeah, no entertainment either. You could get wifi, at $6 per device (which, isn't that bad but still)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 5th, 2022

Yeah assuming Spirit is the same no matter what you pay for the seat and that's like it. They were charging like $6 for one of them small cans of Pringles just to give an idea of how much of an upcharge they put on everything. Rolleyes

Just finished doing some paintball for the first time in my life and somehow only got shot once in the face mask so I don't really know still how much one of those things can actually hurt. It was fun until two other guys got added to our group of six who were clearly experts and then it just became scary. I think most of our group surrendered when it was us versus them because it was like a reenactment of Russia getting its shit shoved in by Ukraine. ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 5th, 2022

What are those Pringles normally like a $1 or so? $6 I'd take is a multiple of the standard tubes, ridiculous.

Was that paintball and outdoor or indoor venue? Never done paintball and nor do I want to, but cool you got the experience. Was the group of 6/8 a team thing like splitting you into 3v3 then 4v4 but the teams weren't always the same as you mention if you were up against both the experts or something? XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Nov 6th, 2022

Hey all, hope all is well!

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 8th, 2022

(Nov 5th, 2022, 08:05 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
What are those Pringles normally like a $1 or so? $6 I'd take is a multiple of the standard tubes, ridiculous.

Was that paintball and outdoor or indoor venue? Never done paintball and nor do I want to, but cool you got the experience. Was the group of 6/8 a team thing like splitting you into 3v3 then 4v4 but the teams weren't always the same as you mention if you were up against both the experts or something? XD
I think the small cans are like $1.25 or so here so yeah, massive upcharge.

Paintball was outdoors; it needs a lot of space so I don't know if it would be economical to even host that stuff inside. And yeah we were splitting up 3v3 until the other two guys joined, but then we were doing zombies so it was 3v5. We played three games each with two rounds (deathmatch, capture the flag, zombies) and the experts joined in on just the zombies rounds.

Currently on the plane waiting for it to take off to come home. I wish I didn't always feel deflated when leaving a vacation place because I feel so bleh right now. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 8th, 2022

How does zombies work, the people who are zombies have no paintball weapon and have to try and tag the shooters with their hands while avoiding getting shot?

Did you guys take time off for the long weekend vacation, and perhaps today off too or will it be back to work?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 8th, 2022

(Nov 8th, 2022, 10:49 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
How does zombies work, the people who are zombies have no paintball weapon and have to try and tag the shooters with their hands while avoiding getting shot?
Basically the people who are zombies can only be taken out by receiving a shot to the head, while the non-zombies can be taken out with a shot to anywhere on the body. If a non-zombie is shot, they become a zombie and join the zombie side. It's just the paintball variant of infection.

(Nov 8th, 2022, 10:49 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Did you guys take time off for the long weekend vacation, and perhaps today off too or will it be back to work?
I took off my Friday and Saturday shifts (but swapped them into other days so I didn't really lose the shifts) while Shira took off Thursday, Friday and Monday from work. We probably both should've taken today off too (me especially) but didn't. I was really struggling with my shift this morning. XD

Also fun times, another hurricane is coming through Florida, this time named after Shira! My classes for the rest of the week already got cancelled and my co-worker told me the manager is strongly considering closing the store so I might not even be going to work at the end of this week too. ROFL

Oh, and sorry for missing your post @Nebulous. I hope you're well! ^_^

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 9th, 2022

I intended for Monday to be our rest/rejuvenate day, but somehow turned it into a full travel day. Whoops. I gotta make sure we get that next time.

I may have influenced our tropical waters to make for us to have more days off, though ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Nov 11th, 2022

Just stopping by to say hello! I have a 3 day weekend so that's awesome. How are we all doing today?

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 12th, 2022

God I feel like you and everyone else also got today off. I don't remember people getting off Veteran's Day so much in the past as I do today LOL

I'm vibin'. Got a big weekend of chores to do ahead of me so relaxing before I tackle it all. Whatcha gonna do with your weekend, @Nebulous ?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 12th, 2022

Had a long shift as normal on this Saturday. Went fine, luckily no home shopping to disrupt our department (needing us to help them that is). Going to relax this evening and tomorrow ready for Monday's shift.

Hope them chores don't take too long to do!