Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Grungie - Jul 12th, 2018

(Jul 10th, 2018, 11:05 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
I have got a question for you Americans (and/or people who have experience with how VISA works in the US). I have been thinking about doing a travel across the country to visit friends, acquaintances and business partners. And, while it probably won't happen any time soon, I have two large doubts about it:

1) Does the tourist VISA allow you to travel across states?

2) Do I need to get a second one in order to also move to Canada? (Can I even get that from the US?).

I know these questions sound silly, but I'd rather hear the answer from the source Tongue

1) I'm pretty sure you can travel between states if you have a Visa, if there is, it's not like there's anybody is going to check. There's nothing like border patrol when you travel from state to state.

2) Idk how Visa's work when you go to Canada, hell I don't even know how it works to be American and go to Canada.

Honestly, easiest thing to do is to just get a passport.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 12th, 2018

Thanks for the info, dude Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Grungie - Jul 12th, 2018

I know Canada used to be super lax when you crossed the border if you're American, but I know they made it stricter than just flashing your driver's license, I don't live near the border, so I don't know what you need anymore for the American side. Though they did have it to where you need a passport or other travel voucher to cross if you're not American.

It's like when I lived in the UK and there was a separate line for people from EU countries and everyone else.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 12th, 2018

(Jul 12th, 2018, 12:55 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Quote:I don't care, England needed to win because I as an American has been subjected to "Three Lions" way too much and now my suffering was in vain!

Gotta love that.

Wonder if it is handled by the same people who teach you to expect a snowy Christmas (even though that totally doesn't work in the South xD).

Hell, we don't get much snow around Christmas here now...and the only time I accept Snow is Dec 1st to Dec 25th then I just want it gone. But nooooo now we get snow from Dec 26th - ???? Since we have gotten snow in like late/mid spring and I am sure one day we will get it in july <_<

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 12th, 2018

It's actually happening. Tomorrow morning I leave for New York. Holy shit I am freaking out on the inside right now.

On the bright side, I'll be too tired to freak out tomorrow, because I have to be up at 3:30 AM so we can leave by 4 AM to get to my sister's by 5 AM so we can leave there and get to the airport by 8 AM, so I can be two hours early for my flight at 10 AM!

By the time I take off, I'll have already been awake for almost seven hours. Then a two and a half hour flight, followed by two more hours of bus rides to Monocle's place... we're looking at a 12 hour day before I even get to his place.

RIP me.

Oh gheez Id go insane

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Monocle - Jul 12th, 2018

(Jul 12th, 2018, 03:30 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
It's actually happening. Tomorrow morning I leave for New York. Holy shit I am freaking out on the inside right now.

On the bright side, I'll be too tired to freak out tomorrow, because I have to be up at 3:30 AM so we can leave by 4 AM to get to my sister's by 5 AM so we can leave there and get to the airport by 8 AM, so I can be two hours early for my flight at 10 AM!

By the time I take off, I'll have already been awake for almost seven hours. Then a two and a half hour flight, followed by two more hours of bus rides to Monocle's place... we're looking at a 12 hour day before I even get to his place.

RIP me.

He's alive! and I have him. I'm not sharing him. He's not going back home.  Glare Glare Glare

(Jul 12th, 2018, 08:32 PM)Monocle Wrote:

RIP me.

He's alive! and I have him. I'm not sharing him. He's not going back home.  Glare Glare Glare

So you will be making your house in to a huge Miku shrine? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Monocle - Jul 12th, 2018

(Jul 12th, 2018, 08:56 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 12th, 2018, 08:32 PM)Monocle Wrote:

So you will be making your house in to a huge Miku shrine? Tongue

Ha! sure! no

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 12th, 2018

This is why you stay in a hotel near the airport the night before so you don't have to do trips like this. It is so much more pleasant not having to get up ridiculously early and make it to the airport on time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 12th, 2018

(Jul 11th, 2018, 11:27 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 11th, 2018, 10:24 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Croatia put their dang soul into it. Any other result would have been BS.

I don't care, England needed to win because I as an American has been subjected to "Three Lions" way too much and now my suffering was in vain!

The only other acceptable result would have been the US winning the World Cup, so we could have a trifecta of FREEDOMING THE SHIT OF OUT SCOCCER

Women's World Cup
Arresting and Charging the corrupt FIFA officals
then Men's World Cup would have been just so [FREEDOM INTENSIFIES]
8 more years, two more chances. Otherwise after 60 years perhaps a new song will be made.

Ah, well maybe not as much as it would be since Football/Soccer is huge worldwide, but tennis could see many Americans winning Wimbledon. There's four possibilities currently, with Women's Singles and Men's Doubles being the most likely. Lots to be proud of in sport. No clue what else there is though, since I don't follow anything else much. XD

Ah, DL made it over there. Cool. Look after him, Monocle. *shot* Nah, you two both have a good few days. :3

(Jul 12th, 2018, 11:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
(Jul 11th, 2018, 11:27 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 11th, 2018, 10:24 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Croatia put their dang soul into it. Any other result would have been BS.

I don't care, England needed to win because I as an American has been subjected to "Three Lions" way too much and now my suffering was in vain!

The only other acceptable result would have been the US winning the World Cup, so we could have a trifecta of FREEDOMING THE SHIT OF OUT SCOCCER

Women's World Cup
Arresting and Charging the corrupt FIFA officals
then Men's World Cup would have been just so [FREEDOM INTENSIFIES]
8 more years, two more chances. Otherwise after 60 years perhaps a new song will be made.

Three Lions '98 sucks compared to the ear worm that is the original

So if there is a 60 year version, only one line should be changed

"ThirtySixty years of hurt" that is the only that can be changed.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 13th, 2018

Oh man:

[Image: Photo-04-12-2017-08-14-51-1024x906.jpg]

(Image credit: Chris Ashton / StudentMunch).

That's just goregous... a microwavable hot-dog? How can you be this lazy? xD

And I bet it sells really well, too xD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 13th, 2018

You've never seen those before? They do burgers too, and their packaging always shows more than what you get. For example, burgers with lettuce and onions in them but they only have the burger.

I've had their burgers a few times, but only as a snack during my evening break at my prior workplace. I'd normally find a few of them in the reduced section due to their sell by date being close.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 13th, 2018

(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:23 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Oh man:

[Image: Photo-04-12-2017-08-14-51-1024x906.jpg]

(Image credit: Chris Ashton / StudentMunch).

That's just goregous... a microwavable hot-dog? How can you be this lazy? xD

And I bet it sells really well, too xD

and yet the first thing I saw was Ketchup/catsup on it. BURN IT TO, IT IS AN ABOMINATION TO HOTDOGS