Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 14th, 2023

It's an amendment to an existing bill, so it's written in a format that showcases the changes they've implemented.

This is the part that was like absolutely wild to me:
Quote:If sex, gender, gender identity, or gender expression is contested, determination is
established by the individual's deoxyribonucleic acid.

into

Quote:Any person that violates this section must be assessed a fee of one thousand five
hundred dollars.

like, imagine getting FORCIBLY DNA tested or else pay a fucking thousand-dollar fee because oh no, you want to be called "they" instead of "she" Meh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 14th, 2023

I read it again and got a slightly better idea of what it wants, and ignoring the penalties and requirements I'm just questioning why does it all even matter to begin with? It reads like a paper looking for a fight where one wouldn't necessarily happen in a given case otherwise.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 15th, 2023

Precisely the issue. They just hate gender-nonconforming or trans folk so much they're willing to fine you for it when you contest them for it. It's wild how far hate goes.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jan 15th, 2023

I just have the questions that I will never get the answer to: why? For what reason is this a thing you have to do? Who is it hurting when people say "I might have been born X, but I feel Y"? I'm not even angry at this point; I've just given up.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 15th, 2023

(Jan 15th, 2023, 12:54 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I just have the questions that I will never get the answer to: why? For what reason is this a thing you have to do? Who is it hurting when people say "I might have been born X, but I feel Y"? I'm not even angry at this point; I've just given up.
Yeah, that's exactly my take too. If what someone is doing isn't hurting or causing harm to others just leave it alone. Go make a big deal out of something else that actually needs to be addressed, like corporate lobbying in politics or something. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Jan 15th, 2023

(Jan 5th, 2023, 06:42 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(Jan 5th, 2023, 05:56 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
(Jan 2nd, 2023, 03:04 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Did you do anything @Nebulous? Smile

Ate Chinese food and watched TV Grin
Hello  Glare

Whats up Aaron.  Good to see you here.  Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 16th, 2023

Holy smokes I can't believe how useless Amazon can be with sending books when that was their original thing! I've ordered the same sketchbook from them twice now and both came damaged because for whatever reason they want to ship books in plastic bags that can't protect the pages. Hmph

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 17th, 2023

(Jan 14th, 2023, 11:17 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Quote:Any person that violates this section must be assessed a fee of one thousand five
hundred dollars.

like, imagine getting FORCIBLY DNA tested or else pay a fucking thousand-dollar fee because oh no, you want to be called "they" instead of "she" Meh

Didn't read the article from last page about it because I knew I wouldn't like it, but from the posts since then and this is enough, absolutely FOOK that.
Thank you to the stupid 6 people backing it and whoever came up with it in this first place, scummy pricks.

*ahem*

Amazon are shipping books in bags now, wtf? Or they do in US anyway? I haven't ordered a book from mine for a while, but usually arrive fine and in a cardboard package.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 18th, 2023

(Jan 17th, 2023, 12:20 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Amazon are shipping books in bags now, wtf? Or they do in US anyway? I haven't ordered a book from mine for a while, but usually arrive fine and in a cardboard package.
I think they try to ship almost anything they can get away with in a bag these days, which is fine until the delivery driver opts to throw the book onto the front patio which either dents it or scrapes it against the paving. I ended up making Amazon refund me the money without having to send the sketchbook back because I'm not going to keep playing this back and forth game with them. I'll just remove the usable pages from both banged up books and then give them back the one of the two I have to return filled with all the absolutely crumpled pages all now in loose leaf because screw 'em. Whistle

Anyway, how is everyone doing? ^_^
I went out to a pho place last night for dinner and I think it didn't sit well with me because I've had stomach issues all day today. x.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 18th, 2023

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh that pho was so GOOD  Shock Grin I love eating there every once in a while. You really get your money's worth out of that place. Sorry your belly thought it was too rich, even if you had stir-fry.

I got great confirmations today from my doctor--finally went over my bloodwork from July (lol) and determined I'm doing very well! I was concerned about my HDL/LDL cholesterol levels because they were teetering on the edge of being bad, but the doc said it was more than likely a genetic thing considering my "total" cholesterol was fine and my triglycerides were stellar (which are an indicator of eating fatty foods). Very good health otherwise!
Also, I thought I had herniated my stomach from ab workouts (I have temporarily stopped them out of concern); turns out no, it's not that; I just have visible ab definition coming in on just one side more than the other XD

W's all around in the health department baby let's gooooooo Wow

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 18th, 2023

(Jan 18th, 2023, 05:00 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
...finally went over my bloodwork from July (lol)...
ermahgerd wut iz dis the nhs or sumthin?! Gasp
That hurt my soul to write that... Mellow

Also nothing like having an uneventful day only to get an email from my university president issuing a statement about some imbecile who set up a table on campus with antisemitic messages on it. I'm getting the impression whoever did it tried using the 1A as a defense since it had to be clarified in the statement that it isn't a get out of jail card. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Jan 24th, 2023

Hey all, whats going on today? Hope you have a great week!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 24th, 2023

I spent a good portion of my shift at work today setting up my new computer build that I was given! The first of its kind in my 7 year tenure at this job ROFL All my builds up until now have been just Frankenstein-ed bits and pieces of other machines around the office. My processor was mostly the issue that finally got them to really consider a fresh build; it was a 4000 series Intel (2012-2013 era?) that was just about on its way out. Now, I got a Ryzen 7 5600G with 64GB of RAM Wow I don't know why I need all that RAM, but I'm not complaining Shrug

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 24th, 2023

(Jan 24th, 2023, 02:55 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey all, whats going on today?  Hope you have a great week!
Besides work and school, my main focus recently has been just trying to get myself into some state of organization because the tasks I need to do on a weekly basis lack any form of structure that allows me to get them done in a timely manner. How are you doing? Smile

(Jan 24th, 2023, 05:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I spent a good portion of my shift at work today setting up my new computer build that I was given! The first of its kind in my 7 year tenure at this job ROFL All my builds up until now have been just Frankenstein-ed bits and pieces of other machines around the office. My processor was mostly the issue that finally got them to really consider a fresh build; it was a 4000 series Intel (2012-2013 era?) that was just about on its way out. Now, I got a Ryzen 7 5600G with 64GB of RAM Wow I don't know why I need all that RAM, but I'm not complaining Shrug
To be fair weren't you supposed to get a new PC back in like 2021 but the lack of parts due to chip shortages meant it had to be postponed? Or am I thinking of something else?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 27th, 2023

I...completely forgot that was the case, but it explains why they're like "it's long overdue" so ROFL
Though even now, they still had to settle for a GTX 1650 cuz graphics cards are still out of hand. This one's only worth like not even $200 though so Hmm