Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 8th, 2023

Your manager is kind of an ass with weird expectations, but those are the kinds of managers Publix breeds so who knows.

Coming back to this post a day later (was in the middle of it the night prior), he's even more of a spineless coward than I thought. Only looking out for himself and playing by the rules/book to achieve what he wants. Just an absolute clueless clown.

I had that same stomach bug last week. Sorry I gave it to ya. I thought it was the Chinese I ate but I guess it wasn't that. Eh, as long as it ain't COVID, whatever.

Got a cool project I'll be working on pretty soon. First freelance project in ages, I wasn't even sure how to price LOL But I'm very excited for it because it's for a favorite streamer of mine and I get to make cool stuff Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 8th, 2023

@Moonface: That guy's worse than I thought but it's not surprising, there's plenty of people like that. I remember one GSM we had who didn't want to talk to even the section managers or leaders below him and would text/message them even when they're in the store or they literally just walked past them. He got better at least though, he wasn't all bad. I can imagine your manager is bad.
Ah, speaking of GSM's, Glenn has returned to our store and is now the GSM. The previous guy who was only 8 months got moved elsewhere.

@ShiraNoMai : Awesome on the freelance project and that's good it's for someone you're well aware of. Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 10th, 2023

(Feb 8th, 2023, 04:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Coming back to this post a day later (was in the middle of it the night prior), he's even more of a spineless coward than I thought. Only looking out for himself and playing by the rules/book to achieve what he wants. Just an absolute clueless clown.
To give context to this that is lacking, my coworker is out for a week due to medical reasons again, and knowing I'd be asked to cover she made him call me directly to ask about covering her shifts instead of playing messenger for him. So he calls me, and this summary will easily illustrate his idiocy:
  • Asks if I can work this Sunday or Thursday, I tell him no to both. Sunday I say I'm out of town so I don't get in some stupid back and forth.
  • Looks at the schedule for next week, and our schedules start on Saturday's so he's looking at this coming weekend and onwards. Asks if I can cover that Sunday. If you're keeping up, this is the exact same Sunday he has just asked me about, so I say again I'm out of town. He says I can just do 5am to 10am and I repeat again, I am not in town. It takes exactly five times for this to get into his head.
  • Asks about Monday and now he's getting desperate. I tell him no (because fuck him and it's my day off work and school), and that I'd only be able to work like three hours so I'd never get the delivery finished. He thinks I can somehow get most of it done in that time so I decide okay, put me down 5am to 8am then and watch what happens when I only get a single pallet done (because I can bet I'll spend time tidying it up from no coverage on Sunday) and leave the rest for you to deal with.
  • Ends by saying he appreciates it and that I always do a good job and try my best with what I get given then ends the call. This after back-to-back weekends of him bitching I didn't do enough.
I'm gonna lmao if my coworker gets put out for 4-6 weeks like the doctor thinks she might. Ain't no chance I'm covering shifts for a month alongside school so they're gonna have to find someone else to cover it. ROFL

(Feb 8th, 2023, 11:19 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah, speaking of GSM's, Glenn has returned to our store and is now the GSM. The previous guy who was only 8 months got moved elsewhere.
That's probably not too bad of a person to get back as GSM. I had the odd headbutt with him at times but at least he generally left people alone unless he really needed to get involved.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 10th, 2023

Wish people like him actually pay attention to what they're talking about/what's right in front of them so they don't have to go over something so obvious they should know already. Just makes them look...not so bright. *sigh*

I'm doing cover this month, all days I'm already in apart from one so I'm fine with that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 10th, 2023

This place I'm living has the worst drivers I have ever seen, and I'm already grading on a curve considering Florida has notoriously terrible drivers! It seems like every time I try to drive in low-light situations, I get some jackass behind me who doesn't understand that F***ING HIGH BEAMS BLIND PEOPLE! To say nothing of the fact that they are diving within 6 inches of my bumper or passing me on one lane roads because I'm DOING THE SPEED LIMIT!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 11th, 2023

@Maniakkid25: Ugh, what I hate is that apparently some cars now just come with lights that are bright and angled in such a way by the manufacturer that they appear to be high beams and are actually not, so sometimes you can't even tell if someone is purposefully being an arse with their lights. Also, bonus points if they're in a jacked up truck so the lights are directly level with your rear window and extra bonus points if they've kept those rooftop lights on the truck too. That shit shouldn't be allowed on public roads; keep it to country roads and fields like the vehicle was clearly intended for. Errm

I'm reminded of a time on the turnpike where some prick came barreling up behind me and before I could even begin to consider moving out of the lane for them to pass, they started flashing me (with lights level to my rear window), honked me, and then after overtaking me turned on a light on their rear window that was a neon sign of a hand giving a middle finger. Definitely the most small dick energy I've encountered while driving. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Feb 12th, 2023

Hi all, how we doing today?

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 13th, 2023

Man such absolute pricks drivers can be, especially installing a stupid neon sign to flip off other drivers. Won't be surprised if there's a custom license plate doing something similar out there somewhere.

I'm doing OK, got work soon. Valentine's coming up and yay the flowers we have to sort out is always a joy.  Meh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 14th, 2023

Good luck flower-ing, EL. Sounds...riveting. Oof.

Tomorrow marks 5 years since that awful shitbag stole 17 lives from this world in a local high school. Can't believe it. I still remember my coworker talking about how he was going to go home and help his son arrange flowers to give to his girlfriend the next day, just us all casually talking over coffee in the break room. So fucked up. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 14th, 2023

I have a colonoscopy today, so I got to spend all day yesterday being hungry. I am currently at the facility, waiting to go through the checklist of stuff that needs to be done so I can be done with this and finally eat. FOOD!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 14th, 2023

(Feb 14th, 2023, 04:33 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I have a colonoscopy today, so I got to spend all day yesterday being hungry. I am currently at the facility, waiting to go through the checklist of stuff that needs to be done so I can be done with this and finally eat. FOOD!
Oof, never had one of those but I also don't want one either for as long as I can get away with it. Is it to check for anything super concerning or just to get a better look at something you already kinda know about? Either way I hope it goes smoothly for you and you get that food in you! Anything in particular you're planning for that first meal or is it just whatever edible stuff you get your mitts on? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 14th, 2023

Just whatever I could get my mitts on. It's for my Ulcerative Colitis. We are checking to make sure that the new meds I'm on are actually, you know, working.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 15th, 2023

Dang, that's the only way to check that? It doesn't work to just take them and figure they're working if you're not having any troubles? Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 15th, 2023

Nope, because it's hard to judge if I'm going through another flare up by external symptoms alone. This is the only way to be sure. I have gone through flare ups with no abdominal pain, after all.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 16th, 2023

Ah, so I guess you were put on new meds because the previous ones weren't effective enough any longer?
What signs are there for a flare up if there's no abdominal pain? I'd figure that would be a common symptom so I'm surprised to hear it can actually just not be involved with a flare up. o.o

Speaking of abdominal pain though I did find out what was probably causing my stomach issues lately. Turned out the soda I bought was expired when I bought it but I didn't think to read the dates on it until I'd drank 11/12 of them. Since I stopped drinking those (not that it was hard with only one left) I've not had the problem. Tongue