Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 23rd, 2023

Oh, even better: technically, by the book, it's only for the death of an IMMEDIATE family member. Not EXTENDED family! So it doesn't even apply anyway!

I'm currently at war with my computer, and it's winning. I'm trying to do something that should be very simple: upgrade my RAM. I just want to go from 16 to 32 gigs. So, at first, I said "Hey, why don't I make the generation jump from DDR3 to DDR4? What could possibly stop me!"

DDR4 is not a compatible setup; the notch is in the wrong place, so it doesn't fit.

Okay, fine then, return that, get some DDR3 RAM. 2 Sticks of 16 GB RAM! "PERFECT; and it's even a little faster than my older RAM! Surely, nothing could go wrong with this!"

My computer does not support 16 GB RAM sticks. It maxes out at 8 GB.

I'm seriously getting to the point that maybe I should just start over with a "new" (i.e. old but refurb'd) computer, but I don't have the money for that, so I just have to deal. Here's hoping I can get my refunds!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 24th, 2023

(Feb 22nd, 2023, 05:57 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I haven't moved to full-time yet. I've just been dragging my heels on that, but it doesn't help that this store doesn't hire baggers and cashiers for full-time, so I have to be promoted to a position I really don't want to be in, and I don't want to transfer stores just for that reason.
Aww, you don't want to get promoted up to the customer service desk and deal with customers wasting their money on half a dozen scratch off and lottery tickets, bitching about something petty, or returning items they didn't like despite eating the entire product? It's so much fun! Suffer Nooo

(Feb 23rd, 2023, 04:22 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Oh, even better: technically, by the book, it's only for the death of an IMMEDIATE family member. Not EXTENDED family! So it doesn't even apply anyway!
I guess on the bright side your family can't be all "Well if you were full-time you'd get bereavement pay" now if they would've considered saying that over you not getting paid for the time off work. Although they could also just say you could book it as paid vacation time if you were FT, but to me my vacation time is for me to choose how to use and if I didn't want to, I just simply wouldn't just to satisfy someone else. And even then it also depends if the store would be willing to give you the time off because a full timer can be denied vacation outright, and if your store did that then you wouldn't be able to go anyway without putting your job at risk due to going AWOL.

(Feb 23rd, 2023, 04:22 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I'm currently at war with my computer, and it's winning. I'm trying to do something that should be very simple: upgrade my RAM. I just want to go from 16 to 32 gigs. So, at first, I said "Hey, why don't I make the generation jump from DDR3 to DDR4? What could possibly stop me!"

DDR4 is not a compatible setup; the notch is in the wrong place, so it doesn't fit.

Okay, fine then, return that, get some DDR3 RAM. 2 Sticks of 16 GB RAM! "PERFECT; and it's even a little faster than my older RAM! Surely, nothing could go wrong with this!"

My computer does not support 16 GB RAM sticks. It maxes out at 8 GB.

I'm seriously getting to the point that maybe I should just start over with a "new" (i.e. old but refurb'd) computer, but I don't have the money for that, so I just have to deal. Here's hoping I can get my refunds!
How does a computer not support a certain size of RAM stick? Or by that do you just mean a 16GB stick is too large to fit into the RAM slot? Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 24th, 2023

Nope; just straight up doesn't recognize it exists! Don't ask me why; it makes no damn sense to me!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 24th, 2023

Weird. I've never replaced RAM because I only use laptops which don't really offer the space to slot in extra stuff, so I can't really give any advice on what to do other than whatever a Google search would tell me. Maybe someone else here has replaced their RAM at some point to have some idea. Sweat

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 24th, 2023

Please tell me the customers who try to return something that's been fully consumed get denied. Stupid people even considering that and not accepting their mistake of buying something they end up disliking. *sigh*

Also boo my Octopath 2 will arrive tomorrow unless it turns up like my last order of a CD that came a day early, not in the "On the way" status yet so probably will be tomorrow. Oh well.
EDIT: They just couldn't be bothered to update, it arrived, whoo!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 26th, 2023

(Feb 24th, 2023, 11:38 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Please tell me the customers who try to return something that's been fully consumed get denied. Stupid people even considering that and not accepting their mistake of buying something they end up disliking. *sigh*
Bwahahaha of course they don't get denied. I've had half gallon tubs of ice cream come back empty from customers who returned it saying they disliked it. Rolleyes

Also boo my Octopath 2 will arrive tomorrow unless it turns up like my last order of a CD that came a day early, not in the "On the way" status yet so probably will be tomorrow. Oh well.
EDIT: They just couldn't be bothered to update, it arrived, whoo!
I forget, did you finish the first game? I can't recall if anyone here who's played OT1 has beaten it. I know I haven't. Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 26th, 2023

It's a long game to beat. I know you got Ophelia's and Therion's ending right? 2/8 is a lot, so hey, at least you got some endings. I've still yet to get one. Nooo

Also nice, EL! I hope to get that once I'm done with this game. Though I may need to buy it at this point because there's no way I'm finishing it in three days Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 26th, 2023

(Feb 26th, 2023, 11:03 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Also nice, EL! I hope to get that once I'm done with this game. Though I may need to buy it at this point because there's no way I'm finishing it in three days Errm
Why do you need to buy it now or within the next three days? Is there a deal on the game right now or something? Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Feb 27th, 2023

Hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a great week ahead! Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 27th, 2023

(Feb 26th, 2023, 01:17 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Please tell me the customers who try to return something that's been fully consumed get denied...
Bwahahaha of course they don't get denied. I've had half gallon tubs of ice cream come back empty from customers who returned it saying they disliked it. Rolleyes 

Ugh, thought that'd be the case. Yup customers are always right type of thing, gotta give their money back.

I forget, did you finish the first game? I can't recall if anyone here who's played OT1 has beaten it. I know I haven't. Doh
I beat the majority of Octopath 1, I have three things to defeat before I complete it entirely, one being an optional boss and then two mandatory in the final quest that happens after all 8 character endings are done.

(Feb 26th, 2023, 11:03 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Ah, thanks, hope you can play through the rest somehow after the free game goes.

(Feb 26th, 2023, 11:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Why do you need to buy it now or within the next three days? Is there a deal on the game right now or something? Unsure
Octopath is on Xbox Game Pass and goes on March 1st.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 27th, 2023

My flight back home got delayed by 2 hours, so it's a good thing I managed to change my shift so I wasn't working, because I'm DEFINITELY not making it home in time for work (my shift was at 5; it's a 3 hour flight).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 27th, 2023

(Feb 27th, 2023, 02:46 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a great week ahead! Smile
My weekend was pretty good although I would have liked it to be a bit more productive in terms of my homework than it was. I already shared the main thing I did with my weekend in this post for anyone curious. Smile

(Feb 27th, 2023, 10:39 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Please tell me the customers who try to return something that's been fully consumed get denied...

Ugh, thought that'd be the case. Yup customers are always right type of thing, gotta give their money back.
The problem is also that Publix has a policy of treating the customers like royalty almost, and will rarely (if ever) do anything that upsets a customer. There was even an attempt at one point to stop having associates saying "No problem" to customers after helping them because somehow the company thought it implied helping customers could be a problem to us, and instead wanted us to say "My pleasure and thank you for shopping at Publix". As far as I know absolutely nobody changed what they actually say to customers because everyone thinks it's stupid, doesn't sound genuine, and if a customer ever actually expressed an issue over "no problem" I think most associates would consider that customer to be an idiot and continue with their day.

(Feb 27th, 2023, 10:39 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
(Feb 26th, 2023, 11:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Octopath is on Xbox Game Pass and goes on March 1st.
For a second here I thought you meant OT2 was on Game Pass until March 1st despite only releasing a few days ago, then after looking on Google realized you meant the first game leaves the service on March 1st. The way @ShiraNoMai wrote her response to you made it sound like she needed to buy OT2. XD

(Feb 27th, 2023, 07:19 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
My flight back home got delayed by 2 hours, so it's a good thing I managed to change my shift so I wasn't working, because I'm DEFINITELY not making it home in time for work (my shift was at 5; it's a 3 hour flight).
Oh, the funeral was this weekend? That seems awfully fast since you mentioned finding out she passed only a week ago, but it might just seem that way to me because the most recent funeral I went to happened weeks (if not an entire month or two) after the person passed away and the funerals I've been to prior to that one were when I was still in school so I can't really remember the turnaround from passing to funeral.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 28th, 2023

Well, she had been expecting to die for about a year+ at this point, so all the arrangements were already made, I assume. So, yeah, it all went on.

Finally made it. I'm hungry, but I'm apparently the only one that's hungry despite us being 2.5 hours late, so that's awesome. Got another hour drive before I can get home to some food!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 28th, 2023

Interesting, since I know Shira's grandmother was in hospice care when she passed so we expected her passing, but what held the funeral up was it took weeks to get a death certificate, which was required to be allowed to hold the funeral at all.

How come you didn't grab any food while waiting for your delayed flight at the airport? Unsure

I was expecting to pull an all nighter tonight but Shira managed to convince me to go to bed. Now I have to try and fall asleep to get something decent in before I have to get up for work in about five hours from now. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 28th, 2023

(Feb 28th, 2023, 05:38 AM)Moonface Wrote:
How come you didn't grab any food while waiting for your delayed flight at the airport? Unsure
Who said I didn't? I even had snacks on the flight, and I was still super hungry when I landed. It sucked!