Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 28th, 2023

(Feb 28th, 2023, 02:54 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
(Feb 28th, 2023, 05:38 AM)Moonface Wrote:
How come you didn't grab any food while waiting for your delayed flight at the airport? Unsure
Who said I didn't? I even had snacks on the flight, and I was still super hungry when I landed. It sucked!
Fair point. I just assumed you hadn't. Tongue
Despite the issues with the timing of the flight was it at least okay besides that? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 28th, 2023

Oh it was great. Had the whole row to myself, basically lol! Got to play a little big of Wing of Darkness and SMT V. Wing of Darkness is pretty cool. It's a third-person shooter/flight combat game that's pretty frenetic, and seems interesting. My only complaint is that outside of missions, ALL story content is given as exposition by a single character talking. No dialogue or anything like that, just a character narrating what happens, with the occasional change in perspective to different characters.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 1st, 2023

Aww it's so nice getting a row to yourself on a flight. I've had it once the first time I flew to the US, where I got a four-row set of seats on a Virgin flight with nobody else in them until a girl from a few rows back asked if she could share the row because she was getting tired of the annoying old people in her row, but we still both basically had two seats each so her presence didn't really take anything away from me. LOL
Took a quick look at WoD, and my first reaction was that it reminded me of Ace Combat. XD I feel you on the "story given by one person" thing too; Resistance: Fall of Man has almost zero dialogue from or between characters, instead having everything told by one character. I don't know if WoD does this but for R:FoM I really disliked that the character narrating everything isn't actually involved in a large amount of the events of the game, and also would have no way of being informed about all of it to tell it in a media res format. I also just dislike that style of story telling because I can't really care about any characters when I'm not learning anything about them through themselves; it just creates a feeling of disconnect.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 2nd, 2023

Most times airline food is ass, and that's partly due to our tastes shifting in the high elevation. Also cuz the quality is that of cafeteria prepacked trash, but my point stands. Glad you got a decent meal later. Deserved after all that nonsense.

Also I did specifically mention, @Moonface , that I said I would pick up "that game" (Octopath 2) once I finish my "current game" (Octopath 1). Reading is amazing when you do it properly Tongue

Had my first all-me day in what feels like years today, and all by accident. I'll detail it in the respective thread. But damn did that motivate me to really kickstart getting my shit together for job prospects.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 2nd, 2023

My new RAM came in yesterday. I haven't been able to fit it in yet, because my computer was in the middle of something when I got them, and didn't finish until after I went to bed. I should be able to plug it in tonight, and have it all WORK THIS TIME! >.=.<

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 3rd, 2023

(Mar 2nd, 2023, 05:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Most times airline food is ass, and that's partly due to our tastes shifting in the high elevation. Also cuz the quality is that of cafeteria prepacked trash, but my point stands. Glad you got a decent meal later. Deserved after all that nonsense.
I didn't know our tastes change based on altitude. Gasp

(Mar 2nd, 2023, 05:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Also I did specifically mention, @Moonface , that I said I would pick up "that game" (Octopath 2) once I finish my "current game" (Octopath 1). Reading is amazing when you do it properly Tongue
Oh I know, but when I saw the "three days left" thing I thought there was some deal for OT2 that you'd found since then and was going to grab before it went, not realizing it was instead referencing when OT1 leaves Game Pass. Tongue

(Mar 2nd, 2023, 09:33 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
My new RAM came in yesterday. I haven't been able to fit it in yet, because my computer was in the middle of something when I got them, and didn't finish until after I went to bed. I should be able to plug it in tonight, and have it all WORK THIS TIME! >.=.<
Good luck with that Maniak! Smile

I've been racking my brain on what I could take a photograph of that would make a viewer think the subject of the photo is "light", without literally taking a photograph of light. If anyone has any inkling of an idea on what the heck I could do for that I'm all ears. Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 3rd, 2023

(Mar 3rd, 2023, 12:51 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Mar 2nd, 2023, 09:33 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Good luck with that Maniak! Smile
So, good news and bad news. Good news is the RAM works! Bad news is this computer is still winning the war. I didn't mention this, but I also bought a shiny new graphics card. As it turns out, though, in order to power the beast, it requires a plug that my power supply doesn't have! So now, to use my new graphics card, I need a new power supply. I really, REALLY should just give up at this point and get a new computer, but f*** it! Let's get the new power supply and hope that finally ends my upgrades!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 4th, 2023

Damn, I feel ya when you already put so much into trying to get something to work again, you just don't want to waste that effort.

I really need to get into a productive mood and do more things instead of just watching stuff or playing games. But, just...bah. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 5th, 2023

@Maniakkid25: Aww that's a shame. Although I guess on the bright side you could always repurpose some of the things you're buying for this computer into a new build down the line instead of having to buy every single part of a new build.
I actually wonder how many people try to recycle parts of their existing PC into a new build if it's things like power supplies and cables that don't need to be upgraded in the same manner as the actual hardware parts. Hmm

@Mr EliteL: My lack of productivity outside of school work is mostly down to having to invest most of my free time into school work lately due to midterms (which are finally over so that means it's finally Spring Break yay!) or being too tired to do anything because of the bullshit work has been putting me through these last few weeks. I'm glad I'm on vacation after tomorrow until next Saturday because I just know this coming week at work will be likely one of the worst so far this past month. Yikes

Just got home from the Renaissance Fair, which I've never been to before. It was cool but I just desperately need to find out if one of the bands present has any of their work online. I can't get their music out of my head and need to inject as much of it into my veins as possible. OwO

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 5th, 2023

(Mar 5th, 2023, 12:34 AM)Moonface Wrote:
@Mr EliteL: My lack of productivity outside of school work is mostly down to having to invest most of my free time into school work lately due to midterms (which are finally over so that means it's finally Spring Break yay!) or being too tired to do anything because of the bullshit work has been putting me through these last few weeks. I'm glad I'm on vacation after tomorrow until next Saturday because I just know this coming week at work will be likely one of the worst so far this past month. Yikes 

That's all well and good to have something you have to work towards. But yeah being tired after work just makes me want to sit back. For your work and the week coming, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets so bad for them, management, namely that guy, will try and call you in regardless and make the excuse of "you're booked off for when you usually work in the day, can you do the afternoon/evening?" XD Is your fellow colleague on your area still off during this too or is she back?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 5th, 2023

(Mar 5th, 2023, 10:34 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
(Mar 5th, 2023, 12:34 AM)Moonface Wrote:

That's all well and good to have something you have to work towards. But yeah being tired after work just makes me want to sit back. For your work and the week coming, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets so bad for them, management, namely that guy, will try and call you in regardless and make the excuse of "you're booked off for when you usually work in the day, can you do the afternoon/evening?" XD Is your fellow colleague on your area still off during this too or is she back?
My colleague is now wearing a boot on her foot so that practically makes her incapable of working any stock, yet somehow my manager thinks she can work an 800 piece truck by herself this coming Tuesday.
They can try to call me but I won't be going in. With how bad it got over just this weekend if it keeps going downhill I'm gonna consider looking for a new job and bailing on that dumpster fire. ROFL

@Dragon Lord: I fell asleep after coming back from getting breakfast so that's why I didn't get back with you about playing Phas today. Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 8th, 2023

That breakfast may have given me food poisoning. Or, someone handling it gave me a stomach virus. Either way, the last two days have sucked! I felt fine going into work Monday and then not even an hour into my shift, I started getting the sweats and the wave of nausea coming on. Couldn't even make it to the bathroom in time. My poor coworker had to witness that. Nooo

Think I'm finally better now, though. Had a yogurt earlier to test the waters, and then had a proper chicken and rice dinner. Still feel fine. Bless, cuz I went a whole 24 hour period without food in my stomach Monkas

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 8th, 2023

Yeesh, glad you're fine now Shira. What breakfast did you guys have that morning? Did you at least get the rest of the day off after that complication or something?

Ouch too not having anything to eat for a while, but yeah many foods could trigger it again. I've had stomach aches recently but luckily nothing major. Had a milkshake, almost not realising what I was doing but that ended up being fine to drink. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 9th, 2023

(Mar 8th, 2023, 03:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeesh, glad you're fine now Shira. What breakfast did you guys have that morning? Did you at least get the rest of the day off after that complication or something?
We went to a local place but got different things. I'm guessing it was the meat she had on her plate since I ate most of her potatoes and didn't get a problem from those (no cross-contamination onto them from something else bad on the plate).
She did take the rest of the day off on Monday though, and then worked from home Tuesday.

Meh, I have just tomorrow left and then I'm back at work again. Cry

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 9th, 2023

Ah I see. Good you didn't get anything from that then

Yeah booked holiday do be like that, you start off with "Wa-hay got (x) days off!" It goes VVWIP, over in a flash and feels like you only had like two days off. Doh

Did a spot of plumbing last night, one of the sinks kept getting blocked no matter the clearing liquid poured down, both commercially made and homemade not fully working plus the tiny brush doesn't go down far enough, so I decided to see the pipes underneath and yeah, found the clogs. Did that to our kitchen sink sometime ago too so knew what to expect. Fun to do that in ma sleepwear just before bed. XD