Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 10th, 2023

My power supply came in today, and just by an external visual inspection, it looks like the bugger will actually fit in my computer! Hurray! Now I just need to wait 1-2 more weeks for a specialty cable to come in so I can actually power my motherboard, because it doesn't have a standard 24-pin power connection like the weirdo it is.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 11th, 2023

(Mar 9th, 2023, 09:44 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah booked holiday do be like that, you start off with "Wa-hay got (x) days off!" It goes VVWIP, over in a flash and feels like you only had like two days off. Doh

Did a spot of plumbing last night, one of the sinks kept getting blocked no matter the clearing liquid poured down, both commercially made and homemade not fully working plus the tiny brush doesn't go down far enough, so I decided to see the pipes underneath and yeah, found the clogs. Did that to our kitchen sink sometime ago too so knew what to expect. Fun to do that in ma sleepwear just before bed. XD
It doesn't help that I spent most days doing homework because work put me so far behind on one of my projects. Although if they expect me to keep putting in extra shifts for the remainder of this semester it won't be happening weekly like it had been. Especially not with how trash my store is these days. It's so bad I'd rather be working under Shane from Asda again (I'm pretty sure you were there when he was and if not you probably know the horror stories).

What was the clog in the end? And I hope it wasn't as bas as the time I had to manually unclog the drain in the bathtub here a few months ago. That was so bad I had to use pliers to get some of it out and the smell was on par with rotten meat. Errm

(Mar 10th, 2023, 12:57 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
My power supply came in today, and just by an external visual inspection, it looks like the bugger will actually fit in my computer! Hurray! Now I just need to wait 1-2 more weeks for a specialty cable to come in so I can actually power my motherboard, because it doesn't have a standard 24-pin power connection like the weirdo it is.
/inbeforeanothercomponentisneeded Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 11th, 2023

(Mar 11th, 2023, 09:55 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Mar 10th, 2023, 12:57 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
/inbeforeanothercomponentisneeded Whistle
Oh, I'm dumber than that. I could have gotten the same component in a day or two off amazon, but I didn't realize they had it at the time, so I'm stuck waiting.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 12th, 2023

So I'm guessing you got it through somewhere else @Maniakkid25?
I know how it feels about seeing something on Amazon too late though; I purchased a set of carving tools from a website only to find Amazon has the exact same set for half the price. Nooo

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 12th, 2023

Yup; Moddiy.com. I only grabbed it through there because an answer to a question with the same problem I am having linked to it. I assumed, since it's a rather niche item, that amazon wouldn't have it. How wrong I was. Even more fun, I can't check where it is because I can't get the tracking number without making an account with them, and I don't really wanna do that, so I'm stuck in limbo, as it were.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 13th, 2023

Ugh, I hate websites that only let you get the tracking number by making an account. I had to do that for my wood carving tools and then all I kept getting was constant newsletters and other garbage filling up my inbox until I unsubscribed. Hmph

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Mar 13th, 2023

Hey peeps!  Anyone looking forward to St. Patricks Day this Friday?

[Image: 200.gif]

Hope you all have a great week!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 13th, 2023

@Nebulous: Can't say that I am. I'm not Irish and anything else about the day like drinking booze doesn't really interest me. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 14th, 2023

My week is already going very well, given my manager managed to turn an act of malicious compliance into a F***ING FIRE HAZARD!

So, this manager pissed me off last night, so I decided to put him in a lose-lose situation. We have a floor scrubbing machine that must be charged with electricity, and the only available electrical outlet is under the fuse panels, which we have to keep clear, meaning we can't park the machine next to it. So, I let loose the entire cable, and plugged it to that outlet to charge, leaving the cable crossing the floor as a tripping hazard. And oh, he unplugged it, but then decided to uncover a NON-WATERPROOF wall outlet in the MOP ROOM (Where things like the faucet and hose are), and plug it in there! Yeah, that's totally not asking to start an electrical fire! It's honestly impressive the lengths he will go to to make sure things are "safe" in his eyes, completely ignoring the fact that there is a reason we do this in the first place!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 14th, 2023

After waking up with a sore throat, a massive headache and tired as fuck despite sleeping 10 hours, I'm quite done with feeling ill? Please stop spinning the wheel, body:

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Mar 14th, 2023

@ShiraNoMai Sorry you're not feeling well! I'd say sleep is the best medicine, but 10 hours should have helped a bit! Your body just needs more!

I've been playing through Metroid Prime Remastered and wow do I suck at directions. I get so lost and end up needing to use a guide. I feel so crippled. I think I'm going to attempt to just figure things out myself from here on out. I heard there's a hidden hint system of some kind? I never played Prime, so this is my "blind playthrough" if you will.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 16th, 2023

(Mar 14th, 2023, 01:26 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
My week is already going very well, given my manager managed to turn an act of malicious compliance into a F***ING FIRE HAZARD!

So, this manager pissed me off last night, so I decided to put him in a lose-lose situation. We have a floor scrubbing machine that must be charged with electricity, and the only available electrical outlet is under the fuse panels, which we have to keep clear, meaning we can't park the machine next to it. So, I let loose the entire cable, and plugged it to that outlet to charge, leaving the cable crossing the floor as a tripping hazard. And oh, he unplugged it, but then decided to uncover a NON-WATERPROOF wall outlet in the MOP ROOM (Where things like the faucet and hose are), and plug it in there! Yeah, that's totally not asking to start an electrical fire! It's honestly impressive the lengths he will go to to make sure things are "safe" in his eyes, completely ignoring the fact that there is a reason we do this in the first place!
I'm surprised that store hasn't been pulled up by Steritech for not having a suitable charging spot for the machine, because if they caught it in any of those situations mentioned they would absolutely write the store up for it. Especially for that solution your manager found.
I'm just looking forward to the AVS so I can score my manager zero on practically everything. In an ideal world the prick will get sent to another store because he got a poor survey score last year and I know this year's is going to be significantly worse. You can also tell that survey is coming up because he's suddenly trying to act all buddy buddy with everyone. Rolleyes

(Mar 14th, 2023, 04:18 AM)Frank Wrote:
@ShiraNoMai Sorry you're not feeling well! I'd say sleep is the best medicine, but 10 hours should have helped a bit! Your body just needs more!

I've been playing through Metroid Prime Remastered and wow do I suck at directions. I get so lost and end up needing to use a guide. I feel so crippled. I think I'm going to attempt to just figure things out myself from here on out. I heard there's a hidden hint system of some kind? I never played Prime, so this is my "blind playthrough" if you will.
And apparently she needs more and to have her workplace learn hygiene standards because she's sick yet again. Meh
I'm not though so at least there's a bright side to that. Tongue

I've not played any Metroid game besides Dread so I can't help you out with Prime unfortunately. Good luck to you though. ^_^

I'm hoping I get some good sleep tonight. I've not gotten any most of the week and it's putting me in a really foul mood.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 16th, 2023

I've beaten Prime and Prime 2, and the fact of the matter is that if you don't learn the map and, more importantly, how zones connect to each other (i.e. where the doors lead), then you will get hopelessly lost very quickly. And reading the map is not a simple skill in that game, especially if you are being told "Go here", and NONE of the areas before it have been visited.

You are right, though, Frank. If you get lost for long enough, the game should eventually give a prompt saying "Go here, damn it!" Other than that, though, you just have to keep notes or have a good memory.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 16th, 2023

Do love it when managers do "clever" things like that, ah, from colleagues leaving stuff they shouldn't to managers thinking they're right to...the customers (I swear the last week I worked I got a new record of how many shopping lists I had to pick up off the floor), we're just surrounded by fools. We can't win.  Nooo

Yeesh, hope you get well Shira. Body, get better now!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 17th, 2023

And there's more stupidity afoot at my store! Someone managed to open the spigot on a box of floor stripper, and let it just flow out onto the floor! It was just sitting on the rack, completely open, and the only clue I had something was wrong was "Why does this room smell like paint thinner?" I had to clean that up, because that shit is slippery as fuck, and just letting it sit there is a bad idea. I reported it to the Manager in Charge, too, but that was a waste of, like, 1.5 GALLONS of floor stripper or some such!

In non-stupid news, a friend of mine talked me into a new RP group, and I'm gonna be playing a completely new system. In it, you have three types of damage (well, four, but one of them is just a tiredness mechanic). Stun --which is bruises that don't need to worry about. Wound -- which is cuts and stuff that actually need time to heal. And Mortal -- which is "your ass is grass" damage. If you get even 1 point of Mortal damage, you have to make CON checks every hour, and failure means taking more Mortal damage until someone literally performs surgery on you! If you lose all your Mortal health, you die. I've made a character with low CON. The following image basically describes my thoughts as I continue with this idea.

[Image: k4m9zwoy6kb41.jpg?auto=webp&s=dad4a8c69b...baeb95b193]

The big problem I have is how tight the system is for attribute scores. You have six attributes, and 60 points to spread around. Every 1 point is an attribute point. For my class, I needed a character with 11 Dex, immediately putting one of my attributes to 9. Then, I wanted to put an Attribute to 12, because that directly affects how easy it is for skills to succeed (short version: you need to roll on a d20 under your attribute score), taking 2 points from somewhere else. Then, I wanted my INT to 11, because that gives me more skill points to work with, so I had to take another point from somewhere. By the time I got to the build I'm at, I had to take 4 points from somewhere just to get to the levels I needed. Thankfully, aside from the low health and harder skill rolls, having an STR and CON of 8 doesn't actually present active negatives to my stats. Hilariously, when I told the GM my stat spread, she actually said "that's a pretty balanced character, actually," so *shrug*!

The system actually looks really cool, and there's a lot of nuts and bolts, which is absolutely my bag when it comes to Tabletop RPGs, so I am excited to play, and hopefully my character survives an adventure or two? Wish me luck XD