Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 7th, 2023

Are they plucked flowers (like bouquets) or are they plantable flowers, EL? I don't understand just buying bouquet after bouquet during the Easter season/timeframe. Just seems like a waste of money Errm

Hopefully gonna catch the marro movie this weekend. Very curious about it. I also want to plan to see the D&D one after hearing quite a few folks say its good. Just gotta find the time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Apr 7th, 2023

Yeah, I haven't looked into Honor Among Thieves after it came out, but just based on the promotional materials and clips I've seen, it really does seem like a movie that understands what D&D is, so it's a rare movie that I'm actually excited to want to see. That and chonky dragon is adorably chonky (And he has a name, too: Thumberchaud). I've got Amazon Prime, so if it becomes available there, I'm gonna watch it that way. Otherwise...well, crap, I don't know how I'mma see it, then.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Apr 7th, 2023

(Apr 6th, 2023, 03:42 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is the wrist rest detachable? Might be worth just repurposing your old one. Don't wanna trigger carpal tunnel shit again if it's questionable.

GG on the keyboard though, sounds very satisfying. I'm still in love with my K70 cherry browns at work. Small downside is that it's just audible enough for the boss to hear me not working ROFL

Yeah, it's a detached one. I should definitely be able to slot in either the rest from my Corsair keyboard or even the one from that Razor keyboard I bought on the cheap just for the lulz. I'll probably give this one a bit of a run though just to see if maybe it feels more comfortable after I get used to it, just so I don't feel like I wasted money on it, haha.

(Apr 6th, 2023, 05:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah, to have a desktop and keyboard....when will I go back to those days? I can wait.

Some day hopefully. I put off getting a nice gaming PC for years and years, and man after having one the last 15 months now and a decently nice setup for it, I regret not having gotten it done a lot sooner. I think the only thing I really regret about my current setup was getting a 32'' monitor. I think I'd be much happier with just three 27'' ones instead, so I'm hoping that by the end of this year there will be a really great 27'' OLED monitor on the market so I can pick it up as my main monitor, and then I can pick up a couple of non-OLED ones for my second and third monitors. Ditch my 32'' curved monitor and also replace my current 27'' secondary for something a little nicer.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Apr 7th, 2023

Hi all, hope you have a great weekend!

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 9th, 2023

(Apr 7th, 2023, 03:53 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Are they plucked flowers (like bouquets) or are they plantable flowers, EL? I don't understand just buying bouquet after bouquet during the Easter season/timeframe. Just seems like a waste of money Errm

Hopefully gonna catch the marro movie this weekend. Very curious about it. I also want to plan to see the D&D one after hearing quite a few folks say its good. Just gotta find the time.

A mix of both kinds, we even had some to give away for free. I get maybe buying some flowers if you're going to see a relative but Easter themed is just odd. Kept getting 3 pallets of the things each day leading up to the weekend, luckily we didn't have to deal with those as it was so busy, we focused on the produce food while managers dealt with the flowers. Tongue

Also may the film be enjoyable for you guys, today. Grin

(Apr 7th, 2023, 02:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(Apr 6th, 2023, 05:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah, to have a desktop and keyboard....when will I go back to those days? I can wait.

Some day hopefully. I put off getting a nice gaming PC for years and years, and man after having one the last 15 months now and a decently nice setup for it, I regret not having gotten it done a lot sooner...

Not sure if I do end up settling on a gaming PC, I mean yes it'd be good for Genshin, some other games too. Ah, well I suppose something to look forward to in the future when I get the space for a desktop.

Aye, good weekend to all.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 10th, 2023

(Apr 6th, 2023, 03:42 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
GG on the keyboard though, sounds very satisfying. I'm still in love with my K70 cherry browns at work. Small downside is that it's just audible enough for the boss to hear me not working ROFL
Solution: Record sounds of you typing and make multiple tracks of it that are only a few seconds in length, then play them on shuffle repeat so there's always typing sounds going on. It'll work until someone sees you not typing while hearing it. Tongue

(Apr 7th, 2023, 04:09 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Yeah, I haven't looked into Honor Among Thieves after it came out, but just based on the promotional materials and clips I've seen, it really does seem like a movie that understands what D&D is, so it's a rare movie that I'm actually excited to want to see. That and chonky dragon is adorably chonky (And he has a name, too: Thumberchaud). I've got Amazon Prime, so if it becomes available there, I'm gonna watch it that way. Otherwise...well, crap, I don't know how I'mma see it, then.
I haven't kept tabs on the movie much either since I expected it to probably be bad, but the quick consensus I saw was any critic with D&D experience who watched it felt it was super faithful to the lunacy of a game, whilst those who had never played it criticized a lot of things that only make sense to someone with experience. If it's a movie tailored to D&D fans and not really outsiders, then that's good since I expect the movie is rather niche as it is and wouldn't have drawn appeal from non-players in the first place so why bother having them in mind?

As for my weekend, it was the third in a row of taking my car in to a mechanic. Called them just now to be told they've found nothing wrong with it which I just struggle to believe when I was having problems with it every day until I gave it back in. I now have to wait until Thursday to get it back, and I swear I have one issue with it after getting it back I'm gonna be incredibly pissed at them. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Apr 22nd, 2023

Hey guys, what's been going on? I've been incredibly busy working a new job and continuing to do reviews and YouTube stuff! I'm ready for a lazy weekend.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 22nd, 2023

@Frank: Hey there Frank, at work but on break... almost choked on some food, frick. Anyway good to see you about, what's your new job? May you enjoy your weekend.

Mine will be a long night asleep because I barely got any last night. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 22nd, 2023

Hope the new job has been treating you well, Frank!

Yeah sleep seems to be on the cards lately. Poor Moony went a whole 36 hours without it Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Apr 24th, 2023

(Apr 22nd, 2023, 11:48 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@Frank: Hey there Frank, at work but on break... almost choked on some food, frick. Anyway good to see you about, what's your new job? May you enjoy your weekend.

Thanks man! It's working for another local e-commerce.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 26th, 2023

(Apr 22nd, 2023, 01:49 AM)Frank Wrote:
Hey guys, what's been going on? I've been incredibly busy working a new job and continuing to do reviews and YouTube stuff! I'm ready for a lazy weekend.
Hey Frank! What got you to switch over to a new job?

(Apr 22nd, 2023, 11:48 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
(Apr 22nd, 2023, 10:52 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah sleep seems to be on the cards lately. Poor Moony went a whole 36 hours without it Suffer
Entirely unwillingly I might add. I simply couldn't sleep so stayed up all night until I had to go to work, did that and class expecting to crash when I got home. Didn't even after spending hours doing chores. Instead my body decided it would crash yesterday and the day before when I simply got only a little sleep and both of those days were when I had projects I needed to be working on. Rolleyes

I'm looking forward to the end of this weekend when hopefully all my final projects will be finished and I can be done with this semester. Been rather uninterested in the second half of this semester due to the lack of learning and more just getting larger projects that focus on utilizing multiple things we already learned earlier in the class. Errm
Also found out that a streamer I watch is unexpectedly having twins which was really cool news to hear. Makes me dread a little bit the day I have to deal with the prospect of dealing with a kid. Monkas

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 27th, 2023

Sounds awful not being able to sleep after all the activities you had to do and then upcoming, so wanting to get the rest in between that. Sad May you get a proper rest without something looming over you soon.

Had the joy of losing two quite important things, my MP3 player and house key, found the former so far...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Apr 28th, 2023

[Image: 200.gif]

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well! I am ready for the weekend!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 28th, 2023

Nyeh, Saturday work tomorrow so I can't enjoy the weekend until after 4PM, hope others get to enjoy theirs though.

Never found my house key, so I got two cut using my mum's, one spare just in case.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 30th, 2023

(Apr 27th, 2023, 11:15 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Had the joy of losing two quite important things, my MP3 player and house key, found the former so far...
How'd you manage to lose both of those? D=
At least you managed to find the harder-to-replace one of the two things though. Like you said in your next post, at least you can just get a new key cut and the lost one isn't really a problem if anyone who finds it doesn't know what lock it belongs to. Plus at least if you had lost that key and lacked a key to get in the house, you have other people who could be home to let you in or would also be at your work to ask for their key to get in with. I recall the one time my parents forgot to take their house keys with them when we all went out and thus nobody had a way to get in when we came home since all the keys were inside and it was a huge pain in the arse. Errm

I'm hoping the headache I woke with this morning goes away at some point today. It's starting to put me in a bad mood spending my entire day feeling like shit over something so dumb. Hmph