Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - May 2nd, 2023

Yeah, my mp3 player just fell down on the floor in my room under the...well "legs" (legs are joined) of the chair I don't sit on, but had other things around it so wasn't obvious, it barely was under and didn't make the chair shake when I used my laptop on the chair. Wasn't damaged and could work. I lost it earlier this year/last year too but at work, left it in the canteen. It is tiny so is quite easy to lose if not connected to my headphones or not in an easy to find place.

My previous key did have a cute little orange cat ball on it, so that was a slight bummer but not a big loss either.

Damn we're already into May, what's going on?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 3rd, 2023

(May 2nd, 2023, 08:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, my mp3 player just fell down on the floor in my room under the...well "legs" (legs are joined) of the chair I don't sit on, but had other things around it so wasn't obvious, it barely was under and didn't make the chair shake when I used my laptop on the chair. Wasn't damaged and could work. I lost it earlier this year/last year too but at work, left it in the canteen. It is tiny so is quite easy to lose if not connected to my headphones or not in an easy to find place.

My previous key did have a cute little orange cat ball on it, so that was a slight bummer but not a big loss either.
Oh well at least you lost the MP3 player in your house rather than outside somewhere so that it was pretty much guaranteed to be found. Had you sat on that chair you would have probably broken it though and I guess it could just be a lesson in checking the legs of a chair before you sit on it if it's somewhere that has a chance of something getting under a leg.

Aww, now I feel bad about downplaying the loss of your house key because it had a keychain attached to it. Sad
I used to have a few keychains on my keys but now I'm down to just one, with is a Lego BB-8 although you wouldn't know it because all of the printed details have come off so it's just plain white Lego now. XD
The others I had were this Crash Bandicoot one that I had to retire because it was starting to tear across the tongue and I didn't want it to tear all the way through so it now lives in the gaming display cases in our dedicated gaming storage/retro game playing room. The other was this metal LoZ keychain which I broke the chain on because it got caught on something, so that too lives in the display cases since it isn't usable now.

Finished my last final of the semester today so I'm finally done with all my classes until next semester! Grin
I should probably post some of my work here to share, especially since one of the pieces I did this semester was of Chester Bennington which I suspect would be of interest to most people here. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 5th, 2023

GG Spring 2023 semester, Moony! Grin

This May already feels like So Much to keep track of, it's insane. Lots of work things coming up, in addition to IRL events I need to keep track of on both personal and participatory fronts. It's a lot, oof. I want to take my brain on vacation for a day so I can avoid thinking of everything all at once for more than 5 seconds.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 7th, 2023

(May 5th, 2023, 04:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I want to take my brain on vacation for a day so I can avoid thinking of everything all at once for more than 5 seconds.
Me on Friday when I went to work without taking an ADD pill so my mind was unable to focus on a damn thing properly and made my five hour shift feel like torture. Cry

What are people up to today before the weekend is over? I'm going to some....party....thing (I don't know what it is, some family gathering for a birthday but I dunno what we're actually doing lol) in a few hours from now which I'm indifferent to really, and then eventually I'm going to have to deal with the sink which has dishes piled up in it to the point I should just set the whole thing on fire. Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 9th, 2023

Can't believe it's already Monday. More importantly, that it's May. 5 months into 2023. Absolutely bonkers.

...I'm already tired and want a nap. Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 12th, 2023

lulz, apparently YouTube is testing out blocking ad blockers and encouraging anyone who it detects using one to subscribe to YouTube Premium. Maybe get rid of the shit ad system you have and people won't use ad blockers on your site. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - May 13th, 2023

Hello peeps! Hows it going? Smile

...also Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there. [Image: 9yiNmLR.png]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 13th, 2023

Alas I am not a mother and I have yet to make @ShiraNoMai become one. *shot*

Anyone doing anything for Mother's Day tomorrow? At least in the US because for some reason the dates are different between it and the UK, but both countries share the same date when it comes to Father's Day. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 14th, 2023

It's apparently American commercialization of the holiday's fault? Modern Day "Mother's Day" is traditionally celebrated on the second Sunday of May, founded by someone named Anna Jarvis in the early 20th century. Of course, capitalism got involved, ruined the idea, and she actually was so appalled and disgusted by it, she began to try suing and boycotting all these companies ruining her well-intentioned holiday. Alas, capitalism wins.
An alternative was proposed by someone in England after that, citing "Mothering Sunday" (an already existing religious-originating holiday) to be used instead. That stuck in the rest of the English-speaking world. Shrug

Any happy capitalist's mother's day to all the good mommies out there, and well, happy sunday to anyone else XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 17th, 2023

Interesting that it only happened to Mother's Day since obviously Father's Day would have been capitalized on too but I guess nobody made enough of a stink about that one to make a new day for it. Tongue

I still find it weird seeing everyone taking their mum to a restaurant or something on the day of but that's just because I never did anything for my parents on mother's or father's day. They both view it the same way as Valentine's where they don't need a particular day for me to show my love and appreciation for them, plus they know anything marketed for those days is horribly overpriced anyway so not to waste money on it.

I'd probably be the same way whenever I become a parent to be honest. If my kids want to do something fine but otherwise I'd be fine with the day just being ignored because I don't really get the point of the day anyway.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 18th, 2023

Apparently, "Americans resisted the holiday at first, perceiving it as just an attempt by merchants to replicate the commercial success of Mother's Day, and newspapers frequently featured cynical and sarcastic attacks and jokes." It eventually stuck though, and came overseas post WW2. Shrug

I dunno. While the sentiment holds true that yes, you can honor them any other day of the year, the thing is: do you? Have you ever gone out of your way to show appreciation for them in some fashion like that? I'd chance to say probably not. So while it's true that you don't need a day for it, it's a good way to remind yourself of such a thing existing period. Just something to think about.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - May 22nd, 2023

Ffffffffffffffffffffff-

So, for the past few days, my PC has been bugging out. Random restarts, hitching and stuttering during youtube videos and/or gaming, etc. I thought it was the power supply, but switching back to the old setup that is known to work has shown me otherwise, and I think the computer is now a lost cause. Which is great, because I don't really have the cash right now to buy a new computer. So, that's awesome.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 23rd, 2023

@Maniakkid25: Oof, something like that would be a worst nightmare scenario for me because I always freak the heck out whenever a computer starts doing shit it ain't supposed to do. This is probably already redundant advice but did you test the PC in Safe Mode in case the issue is being caused by something not hardware related? I don't know much about PC stuff but I feel like random restarts wouldn't be a hardware thing; if the PC was just turning off instead then I'd think differently. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - May 23rd, 2023

Hey peeps! Hope you're having a great May. It'll be June already next Thursday! Not looking forward to the super HOT summer weather. It gets way too hot where I am. It's been a little warm lately but we ain't seen nothing yet!

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - May 23rd, 2023

It is gradually getting warmer where I am but yeah I'm not looking forward to the heatwave Summer will bring, even if it can be short for the UK, I don't enjoy it. XD Warm sunny weather though, preferably with a brisk wind, yes plz.