Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 2nd, 2023

Oh, I forgot that being on produce means you won't always start shift when or after the store opens because a lot of your department does stuff outside of the hours that grocery does them. LOL

And yeah that's what I've heard. I think they tried switching over to a HDMI feed yesterday but it broke the sound, and from what I can tell the hotel stream got reverted back to the old method rather than fixed because the quality went back down.

I also think I'm gonna have to see a doctor when I get back from SGDQ because I've now been unwell for five days straight with headaches. x.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 2nd, 2023

@Moonface : Ah, noes! Did you have the headaches before you went out to SGDQ? Hope you took something to ease it or there's somewhere to get at least something to help? If not then darn, hang in there.  D=

No, the only time I usually get a headache is on Sunday which I think is due to only sleeping for four hours on Friday night and Saturday night which catches up to me by Sunday.
I did at least wake up today without a headache and haven't had one come on yet so hopefully it stays that way. I'd like to at least get one full day at SGDQ without a headache.

What are people up to this weekend? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 2nd, 2023

My new computer was supposed to arrive before work today. It didn't. So, now no one is gonna be home when it arrives, meaning it'll need to sit outside for god knows how long, and if it rains or something, it'll be destroyed. So, I'm not happy.

Aww dang that sucks. I suppose there's no way for you to be informed when it gets delivered and possibly drive home to put it inside then go back to work and treat it as your break?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 2nd, 2023

Nope, and this has been overtaken by events, anyway. With 10 minutes before my sister left, it arrived, and she was able to bring it in. Now I just wish they had brought it when they said they did, because I need to rejigger a lot of it before going to bed tonight to make sure I can actually play Pathfinder tomorrow. Thanks, Fedex!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 3rd, 2023

Well at least the delivery managed to work out good in some fashion for you. I don't envy you with the setup though; I hate nothing more than getting a new PC set up with everything I need to have on it. x.x

Currently in the audience of the stream room at SGDQ in the third row if anyone wants to seek me out now or on a VOD. There's also a huge crowd gathering over at the side of the room for some reason I've yet to determine. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 4th, 2023

Yeah GG on the delivery. Hope your Pathfinder game yesterday went well!

Those were some decent seats. Compared to coming down for the Maker relay last night where we were in the second section (back) and could see just as well from our hotel room XD It was fine, we were just waiting for the post-run meetup to say bye to everyone.

I'm so exhausted after this week. I really should've taken tomorrow off. At least I have an option to WFH. Nearly missed our flight today cuz randomly, my ID was not being read by the computers, so I needed to go to the airline desk and stand on their stupid line to get a verification. And of course our gate was near the fucking back of the terminal because of course it was. I was trying to meet up with our roommate there cuz they were at the same gate as us (she was the flight after ours) but I only got to give them a brief sweaty hug before running into the plane cuz they were closing doors. Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 4th, 2023

So after being forced to check our bags Delta proceeded to not load them on the plane. Today has just been fun from the moment we woke up. Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 4th, 2023

As far as acfually playing, it went well. However, we had our third character death, and holy f*** this is a deadly campaign we are in lol. Surprisingly, none of them have been mine, despite my accidental tendency to tank (I'm playing an Alchemist, not exactly known for being able to take hits).

The new computer works well. I do have the annoyance that I can't boot off the old hard drive for reasons I don't understand, but I can still access all the files, so it's fine. Hilariously, the graphics card that came with it had no HDMI support, so I had to hi-jack the old computer's graphics card so that I could, you know, see stuff when the computer was on.

Oof, Moony. Sorry to hear about your bags. That's gonna be a nightmare, I'm sure.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 4th, 2023

Geez, really? What a stupid screw up by Delta. Hope you guys can get your bags back without too much hassle...well not more than it already is. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 5th, 2023

(Jun 4th, 2023, 08:19 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
The new computer works well. I do have the annoyance that I can't boot off the old hard drive for reasons I don't understand, but I can still access all the files, so it's fine. Hilariously, the graphics card that came with it had no HDMI support, so I had to hi-jack the old computer's graphics card so that I could, you know, see stuff when the computer was on.
I wouldn't have thought a new PC build nowadays would come with a graphics card that lacks HDMI. Errm

(Jun 4th, 2023, 08:19 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Oof, Moony. Sorry to hear about your bags. That's gonna be a nightmare, I'm sure.
(Jun 4th, 2023, 11:35 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Geez, really? What a stupid screw up by Delta. Hope you guys can get your bags back without too much hassle...well not more than it already is.
Thanks for the kind words. Fortunately Delta told us that our bags would be delivered to us tonight and apparently they're currently on their way over with them, so as long as the bags arrive in one piece and everything accounted for then it didn't end up too bad in the end. Hopefully they get here soon.
We weren't the only ones with bags missing either (although I don't know if this was all the same flight) as others also came into the baggage office to discuss a bag not being loaded onto their plane.

I think the reason Delta didn't get the bags loaded was probably because we arrived less than two minutes before the gate closed, and the flight also left about 7 minutes early so I wouldn't be surprised if the people outside thought everything was done and weren't in a position to put more bags on, or nobody told them until after the fact. First time I've ever been late enough to a gate to have my name called over the speakers asking where my arse is. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 6th, 2023

Ah, hopefully you have the bags back by now then or if not, today. Oof, other than work I'd hate to hear my name over a tannoy/announcement speakers. Actually, still don't like it at work, but at least that's happened like...three times or something. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 6th, 2023

The bags got delivered quite late into the night but everything was intact and accounted for so everything worked out in the end without much hassle.

Woke up with another headache yesterday morning though which was so painful it felt like I'd been hit in the forehead with a baseball bat. I've also not slept since waking up yesterday because I stayed up the entire night, and work didn't tire me out like I thought it might so I guess I'm just gonna stay awake all the way until tonight. Shrug

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 7th, 2023

Glad to hear your bags turned up fine albeit late in the day...er night.

Screw that headache, leave Moony alone! Let him get a good night sleep!  Angry
Hope you did get sleep last night...? If not or you did, then hope it doesn't happen again tonight.