Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 7th, 2023

I did get sleep last night, since I stayed awake for about 30 hours so my body had little chance of staying awake for another night. Didn't wake in the night either so slept well too, but did feel a bit groggy when I woke up but that might just have been an after effect of being awake so long the day before. It didn't turn into a headache at least so I'll take it. ^_^

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 8th, 2023

Headache free let's gooooo
I had one today, but probably from being tired. Not sure why I was so tired. I got increasingly tired throughout the day, too. By 4PM I was fully ready for a nap at my desk. Hopefully will feel more refreshed tomorrow. Got blood work to be drawn in the AM.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 9th, 2023

(Jun 8th, 2023, 04:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Hopefully will feel more refreshed tomorrow. Got blood work to be drawn in the AM.
Narrator: She was not refreshed.

Had a customer this morning ask me for frozen broccoli that isn't from Mexico because her daughter only wanted USA grown broccoli. Imbecile. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 9th, 2023

Hey, at least you didn't have to stay 2 hours later because your manager cocked up the schedule so bad that the person who was supposed to clean had to wake up a 4 the next day! Because yes, that happened to me last shift, and I'm still not happy about it!

If my manager messed up the schedule and expected me to stay later to fix the mess I'd refuse to do it unless I was getting something worth that time, especially on a closing shift. I'm also pretty sure Oasis will pop a warning if a person gets scheduled on a close and an open like that because the shifts are too close to each other. Sorry you had to deal with that though. Eh

The only time I got screwed on a closing shift was when the dairy guy dipped out the front door at 11pm without anyone knowing and without having done anything, and it wasn't caught until a manager walked my section to check it before letting me leave and noticed the state of dairy. However, they noticed after I had clocked out and I got told to clock back in and fix up dairy, which I stupidly agreed to and ended up being at the store until past 2am. I'd sooner get written up than ever agree to that sort of shit again. Errm

I'm also really tired right now but I really don't want to take a nap at all. Nooo

(Jun 9th, 2023, 07:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm also pretty sure Oasis will pop a warning if a person gets scheduled on a close and an open like that because the shifts are too close to each other. 

Oh, I can actually tell you this from experience: it does not. No warnings are given if you are scheduled for an opening shift immediately after a closing shift, no matter how close they are. The system is not hard coded to watch for that, so you have to hope your manager doesn't f*** things up. GOOD LUCK!

Wow, I'd have expected it to have that as a feature since I know it does flag for things like vacations and such (because the only way my manager ever bothers to deal with vacation requests is when it comes up in there).

Your manager sounds like someone who I wouldn't be surprised to hear you (or others) gave a poor AVS review for. LOL

Oh, if only I didn't have bigger fish to fry with that AVS crap. At least, I would, but this year we didn't get a place to communicate our specific troubles, so *shrug*.

I've never had anything happen following an AVS before; they just happen and then a year later the next one asks if anything was taken on board from the last one and I have no idea because I don't even know what there was to take on board in the first place. Rolleyes
However, this year the score for my grocery manager was so low that he has to do one on one interviews with every single grocery associate to discuss it. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 10th, 2023

Damn, happy to not have managers that bad, well not that I'm told they could do so poorly...yet. I'd not like to do those kind of things, close and open shifts or staying to sort out another department that's close to mine (which would also be dairy or chilled).

It's certainly Summer here now, I should've known last night it started to get hot in bed, but not enough to make me remove the duvet and just have the cover, although that might change tonight. Haven't checked the temps but should be around mid 20's Celsius.

Edit: Haha just checked it, 29C and going up to 31C later...oh boy.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Jun 10th, 2023

Just popping in to say hey. I've been mad into Tears of The Kingdom, so I haven't been online much. Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 10th, 2023

(Jun 10th, 2023, 10:42 PM)Frank Wrote:
Just popping in to say hey. I've been mad into Tears of The Kingdom, so I haven't been online much. Grin
Hey Frank! I can understand that, I could easily lose full days to that game if not for having other things I have to do or just not wanting to get through the game too fast or burning out on it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 10th, 2023

Sup Frank. I wish I had more time to play. Moony also hogs the game

Dang, getting toasty up in England. That's what it was in Minneapolis when we were there. It was warm for sure, but nothing like how it is at home, where the sun is especially punishing and is coupled with the high soupy humidity. Noticed it immediately the second we stepped out of the airport XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 12th, 2023

@ShiraNoMai: Really, it was that warm up there? It never felt that hot to me whenever we went outside the hotel. Unsure

Got a doctor's appointment tomorrow for all the headaches I still keep getting. Says a lot though when I'm more concerned for the cost than what the actual problem I have is. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 13th, 2023

I think you misread what I was describing as being Minneapolis. I was describing home (in Florida) LOL It's why I said "it was warm, sure, but no where near as warm as home."

Hope you get somewhat closer to figuring out what's going on with that. Feels like they're all tension headaches but I'm not a professional so Shrug