Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 13th, 2023

It's been a fairly mild June (so far) here in Minnesota. It's been a pleasant surprise. Looks like it'll stay that way as well. I was looking at the forecast for the rest of June and comparing those days to last year, and there are days when we were at 100F last year but will only be at 75-85 this year, which is going to be nice. Though I'd prefer it to stay a bit cooler (60F-65F), but as long as it stays below 85 and the suffocating humidity stays away (has so far, another pleasant surprise, but I expect this to change by July).

As someone who heats up faster than most and finds 80+ to be miserable, I'm having a good time this June for once.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 13th, 2023

Yeah humidity sucks, hate to live in a place that can normally go up to like 28C/82F or more, think I can just about bare something like 24C/75F for Summer, or there's a breeze kinda like what we had yesterday after I walked home from work there was one that made the heat feel less. Grin Can't wait to have to deal with Tomatoes and such going off because of the temperature at work.  Hmph

Yeah hope the doctor's visit finds out what your headache problem is, Moony.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 15th, 2023

(Jun 13th, 2023, 03:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think you misread what I was describing as being Minneapolis. I was describing home (in Florida) LOL It's why I said "it was warm, sure, but no where near as warm as home."
I'm still not getting it when reading your previous post you say I got wrong. You make it sound like it was 31C in Minneapolis when we were there with the order of your wording by going with "getting toasty in England; it was that warm in Minneapolis when we were there".

As for the headaches, nothing from the doctor yet since they want to get blood work done and a CAT scan. Had another one today come on a few hours ago and I've been very fatigued all day despite sleeping well last night, so I've felt like a stewing vegetable all day. ;w;

And yeah, humidity sucks more than outright heat. It's like when it's cold out but there's a strong wind; the cold would be more tolerable without the wind sending it through to your bones. Yikes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 15th, 2023

Oh, yeah I was right in saying that, then. It did get that warm. But it wasn't really that humid (compared to Florida) so it didn't necessarily feel that hot. It was way more apparent when we came home LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 16th, 2023

Oh yeah it definitely wasn't humid up there. But if it was sitting at like 30C I can't say I noticed, but maybe it was on one of the five days I was mostly in the hotel concussed with headaches. LOL

Ugh, another night where I'm not able to fall asleep and I have work in four hours, so looks like I'm just gonna pull another all nighter. Kinda bothered how all nighters are becoming more common for me due to an inability to fall asleep. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 17th, 2023

It hit 93F/34C today with the humidity making the heat index 105F/40.5C. I'm so glad I don't have to go outside for my job. A/C is a wonderful invention.

I wanted to go to our local Pride festival tomorrow but 1) there's a high chance of rain 2) I have work to do and 3) I fear for my safety. It stinks cuz I really wanted to go this year cuz I've never gone and I feel more "out" than I ever have before and want to join in the festivities. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 18th, 2023

Eh, I feel that not going through safety concerns is a double edged sword because while keeping safe is valid (especially in the land of nutjobs with guns), not going also just let's the people trying to cause fear and disrupt the event achieve their goal. Eh

No idea what's wrong with me but I had to call off work today from how unwell I felt this morning and have continued to be all day. I just took the really strong pain medication my doctor prescribed as I'm still in pain after trying regular meds, but so far I don't feel any different and it's been like nearly an hour since I took them. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 18th, 2023

Yeah true. Apparently admission is $10 cuz they had to pay for $1 million in security in addition to renting out the whole street from the city to use for 8 hours. Yeesh. Seems like it went well though, so maybe this time next year it'll be fine. If this lunacy of demonizing queerfolk finally calms the hell down... Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 18th, 2023

(Jun 18th, 2023, 03:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If this lunacy of demonizing queerfolk finally calms the hell down... Errm
If it does it'll only be because people found another group that's more convenient to demonize instead rather than focusing on things that actually matter. Worry about your own shit and leave people alone who aren't harming anyone. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Jun 18th, 2023

Hi all, hows it going? Hope you're having a great weekend! I hope the week ahead is great for you as well. Grin

[Image: 7AdjBF9.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 19th, 2023

Hope you had a good weekend yourself, Nebulous. Mine was fine, Father's Day was yesterday for us in UK, did a spot of indoor golf with my siblings and pops.

Hope you're feeling somewhat better, Moony. If not, darn it to heck. Sad

Mine's minor but left side of my jaw has been causing me a bit of pain lately, randomly. Done nothing to it so not sure how it's happened. On top of my throat being annoying again.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Jun 20th, 2023

(Jun 19th, 2023, 10:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hope you had a good weekend yourself, Nebulous. Mine was fine, Father's Day was yesterday for us in UK, did a spot of indoor golf with my siblings and pops.

Sounds like you had a nice fathers day, I am doing good myself.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 20th, 2023

(Jun 19th, 2023, 10:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hope you're feeling somewhat better, Moony. If not, darn it to heck. Sad
I'm feeling better today, although that just meant that something else had to go wrong which came in the form of my car battery being dead this morning when I started my car to go to work. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 21st, 2023

At least it's resolved again. 4 year old battery would do it, though. Damn thing was out there trying its best. (Car batteries normally have a 2-2 1/2 year lifespan)

I had a great time this past weekend - I completed my first Multiworld with friends Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 22nd, 2023

(Jun 21st, 2023, 04:26 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
At least it's resolved again. 4 year old battery would do it, though. Damn thing was out there trying its best. (Car batteries normally have a 2-2 1/2 year lifespan)
Yeah I didn't know my car battery was from 2019 nor that car batteries tend to only have a two year lifespan.

To give context for anyone curious of how bad my battery was, it usually requires 550 of... whatever unit of measurement to start my car and my battery was only able to provide 40. It had also started to swell up on one side which was the most concerning thing we (us and the mechanic) saw. Yikes

I'm happy my blood test today was painless both in the sense that my arm doesn't hurt at all from it and I didn't feel woozy during or after having it either. ^_^