Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 30th, 2023

Hope that airport trip went fine and that you were well enough.

I suppose it's good to not have anything from the test, but still annoying to have no answer to the problem. Headaches go on vacation forever plz.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 30th, 2023

It went well enough; for whatever reason the car park had a ton of areas blocked off so trying to navigate it was a pain because we'd drive down a row of spaces only to find it was blocked at the very end but only around the corner so you can't see it from a distance. Errm

The only thing that was noticeable is my B12 was like below 400 and the range should be anywhere from 200-1200 I think, so that is technically low but not outside of what is apparently a healthy range. I still doubt it's that though because I was fine until we went to SGDQ and I highly doubt I suddenly developed a deficiency.

At least I feel okay this morning so far which is good since I'm leaving for Supercon some time in the next hour. Just depends on whenever the rest of the bachelor party arrive to pick me up. ^_^

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Jul 3rd, 2023

Hey all! Its July already. 2023 is going by too fast. Pretty soon the holidays will be here.

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 3rd, 2023

Yeah I noticed on like last week we were already halfway through the year, because also the longest day past which made me realise that when it started getting darker earlier. So yeah the year is just not waiting for anyone. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 3rd, 2023

Any plans for your birthday on Wednesday, my dude? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 4th, 2023

Nyeah, bowling, meal out and a new activity of finding a new washing machine, or rather looking at two in person before we buy after we spent today searching online for one, coming to a decision only to find the depth measurement of the one we were settling on, plus majority of others are too long for our small kitchen. Our old one that can't be used anymore is 50cm which already is sticking out, anything else is much more. We were also limited by width too but just assumed depth would be fine until we looked at the dimensions. I'm also paying for it, so woohoo for having to spend on my birthday. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Jul 5th, 2023

Hi all, hope all the Americans out there had a good 4th of July!  The weekend is almost here, two days left. Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jul 7th, 2023

The water line at my store broke. Oh, everywhere else in the plaza had running water, but WE had our stuff break, which means no toilets until the part comes in from Fort Myers to fix it! I am having such a good day!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 7th, 2023

Eh, who needs running water in a grocery store? Surely not the employees Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Jul 9th, 2023

(Jul 7th, 2023, 11:50 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Do you work at a grocery store?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jul 9th, 2023

I do, yes. In fact, IIRC, myself and Moony work for the same company (not at the same store, though). So yeah, at a store that requires a lot of handwashing, not having water is kind of a problem!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 9th, 2023

I suppose they expected you to have hand gel at the ready instead and wipe off any dirt you do get on your hands with a paper towel, if they provide any of those, or to have your own! Or heaven forbid go buy some water to wash your hands with, because of course they don't prepare for that type of thing. Blah!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 10th, 2023

Yeah, I do not work at that grocery chain anymore since I got my degree, nearly 8 years ago, whew. But I did do it for nearly 4 years. Working retail sure adds a lot of empathy (and misanthropy..) to a person's life resumé. Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 11th, 2023

(Jul 4th, 2023, 04:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
We were also limited by width too but just assumed depth would be fine until we looked at the dimensions. I'm also paying for it, so woohoo for having to spend on my birthday. XD
Why the heck are you the one paying for the washing machine? On your birthday no less?! Blink

(Jul 7th, 2023, 11:31 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
The water line at my store broke. Oh, everywhere else in the plaza had running water, but WE had our stuff break, which means no toilets until the part comes in from Fort Myers to fix it! I am having such a good day!
I would assume this meant everything that uses water in the store wasn't functioning, including the sinks which I assume would be incredibly rough for the deli as there would be no way to wash anything during the day. Not that it would matter to the deli in my store about cleaning things apparently because last week they managed to get so many violations from the health inspector it almost got my entire store closed down. Rolleyes

(Jul 9th, 2023, 12:16 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
(Jul 9th, 2023, 03:54 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I do, yes. In fact, IIRC, myself and Moony work for the same company (not at the same store, though). So yeah, at a store that requires a lot of handwashing, not having water is kind of a problem!
Yeah, same company as you Maniak, just different stores. I work in frozen food though Neb whereas Maniak works on the front end so what we do is probably pretty different. The only consistency is the stupidity of the company and the customers. Tongue
I also used to work at the same grocery store as @Mr EliteL currently does, but left that when I moved to the US since I didn't really have a choice. LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Jul 15th, 2023

Hello! Its weekend time Grin

(Jul 11th, 2023, 12:36 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 4th, 2023, 04:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
We were also limited by width too but just assumed depth would be fine until we looked at the dimensions. I'm also paying for it, so woohoo for having to spend on my birthday. XD
Why the heck are you the one paying for the washing machine? On your birthday no less?! Blink

(Jul 7th, 2023, 11:31 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I would assume this meant everything that uses water in the store wasn't functioning, including the sinks which I assume would be incredibly rough for the deli as there would be no way to wash anything during the day. Not that it would matter to the deli in my store about cleaning things apparently because last week they managed to get so many violations from the health inspector it almost got my entire store closed down. Rolleyes

(Jul 9th, 2023, 12:16 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Yeah, same company as you Maniak, just different stores. I work in frozen food though Neb whereas Maniak works on the front end so what we do is probably pretty different. The only consistency is the stupidity of the company and the customers. Tongue
I also used to work at the same grocery store as @Mr EliteL currently does, but left that when I moved to the US since I didn't really have a choice. LOL

Get that grocery store money! Tongue