Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 18th, 2023

I'm at a loss for words. I know this song and dance. There's just nothing happy about this. Like Moony said, best you can do is give her the best couple weeks you can offer. She's hiding her pain from you so she can present content as much as she can, so making her as comfy as possible is the best thing for her. Spend lots of time. This super sucks, man. Ugh. I'm so so sorry. You're a good cat dad.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 18th, 2023

Thanks for the support, you guys. Like I said before, I know I don't open up much or show emotion often, which I guess goes to show how important my cats are to me. They're basically my whole world. So I greatly appreciate all the positive and comforting words. While the thought that I might have to put her down in the end hurts, at least I can find some comfort in knowing that if she does have cancer, doing so would be saving her from a lot of pain and suffering. As much as I would hate to let her go, I'd hate to watch her slowly wither away in agony even more. That and knowing that I gave her almost 13 great years of life (as she gave to me in return) is also something I can find comfort in. She's an old girl, being almost 70 years old in human years. Giving her a full life was very important to me, because as I mentioned before, my first cat tragically died when he was just about two years old, and it's something I have blamed myself for the last 13 or 14 years.

I guess I am getting a little ahead of myself, because there is still a chance that it might not be cancer. The vet didn't seem too hopeful at all though, and I think at this point I just need to switch to bracing myself for the worst.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 18th, 2023

Noo! That's so sad to hear. Give her soft cuddles, sure you will. Hope she can hold on these last few days until then. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 18th, 2023

Thanks Elite, appreciate it. Unfortunately have to wait until next week to get any final results, so it's going to be an agonizing week ahead of me. But just gotta take it one day at a time and try not to think about things too much. Probably a lot easier said than done though, haha.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jul 19th, 2023

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty Night Lord. I like to think we are all friends here so never be afraid to show your emotions here or feeling whenever you want too. In this situation I think it would be heartbreaking for anyone with a furry family member. I hope it not for the worst and maybe it could be something else, give her lots of cuddles and love like EL said.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 22nd, 2023

I must thank everyone for the well wishes for Zoey. It's been very nice seeing them and I appreciate it a lot. This week has been very slow and a roller coaster ride. Zoey has been, for the most part, acting pretty normal. The only issue I've had aside from trying to find ways to get her to take the medication is that she was (thankfully not the last two days though) peeing on my bed.

On the bright side, I have experience with that problem because she used to do it all of the time when she was mad. So for years I've had a plastic protector sheet underneath my bed sheets on my bed, so no damage to my mattress from the issue. It was just annoying having to clean it up at least twice a day for a few days there. Plus the annoyance of having to take my bed sheets/blankets/pillow off my bed and put them some where else every single day when I woke up, and then having to put them all back on when I wanted to go to bed, but you do what you gotta do.

Thankfully I just have tonight to survive at work and then I'll be home the next two night so there shouldn't be any problems with her doing stuff like that, and then Tuesday will finally arrive and we'll bring her in to finally get the answers we need to know how to move forward.

Now only if I could solve the issue of my job being an absolute ass experience now, but the money being too good to leave.

Anyways, I do apologize for hijacking the topic for a bit there to pity dumb on everyone, but thank you again to all who read what I posted. Was nice just to let everything out for once.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 22nd, 2023

(Jul 22nd, 2023, 05:29 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Anyways, I do apologize for hijacking the topic for a bit there to pity dumb on everyone, but thank you again to all who read what I posted. Was nice just to let everything out for once.
Aww it's all good, and besides this thread is for literally anything that doesn't fit into a thread of its own so I don't even know if this thread can be hijacked when it serves for any purpose not served elsewhere. Tongue

Glad to hear your kitty has remained stable by the sounds of it. I'll admit I was a little worried when I saw you had posted in here again in case things had gone badly since your last post on the matter, but peeing on the bed is rather mild compared to the other options that haven't made their way onto the table. I guess she doesn't pick the same spot on the bed to sleep so you can put a towel or something down in that spot for her to sleep on so the pee gets caught on that and saves you having to swap out the whole bed every time?

Is that job still the same one from way back when you'd talk about the manager being a pain and stuff? I recall at that time you made mentions of looking for a new job but that she had managed to get you to stay, but don't recall if you ended up changing jobs anyway if you mentioned that at any point between then and now. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 22nd, 2023

Glad she seems to be doing okay for the time being. Unfortunate about the urinating thing, but what can ya do. Give her extra snuggles for me! ^_^

Anyone got fun plans this weekend? Barbenheimer double feature? Concerts?

(Jul 22nd, 2023, 09:43 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My only plan for the weekend was to go to the British store and get goodies, which we already did earlier. I'm still super happy that we got to grab some freshy cooked sausage rolls from there as a treat! ^_^

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Eric - Jul 22nd, 2023

I have to admit Moony, I love reading your slice-of-life anecdotes from the perspective of a Brit-turned-Yank. Can't say I've ever heard of a British store xD

(Jul 22nd, 2023, 09:43 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Ahh I wish. I just started university this past semester and I've honestly not taken care of my social life out here. I've been obsessive over my projects and time management. I need to work on that. What about you guys?? We already know Moony has gotten his fix...some of his uh, moonshine if you will.

(Jul 22nd, 2023, 10:31 PM)Eric Wrote:
I have to admit Moony, I love reading your slice-of-life anecdotes from the perspective of a Brit-turned-Yank. Can't say I've ever heard of a British store xD
Well, if you want the exact name then it's actually called the British Depot of South Florida. I just always refer to it as the British store whenever I tell @ShiraNoMai I want to go there. Tongue 
It's basically just a small store that sells only products imported from the UK, which consists mostly of food but also offers some shower gels and dish soaps too.

(Jul 22nd, 2023, 10:31 PM)Eric Wrote:
I just started university this past semester and I've honestly not taken care of my social life out here. I've been obsessive over my projects and time management. I need to work on that.
Are you taking summer classes or do you mean you just started university overall in the spring semester?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Eric - Jul 23rd, 2023

(Jul 22nd, 2023, 10:48 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Well, if you want the exact name then it's actually called the British Depot of South Florida. I just always refer to it as the British store whenever I tell @ShiraNoMai I want to go there. Tongue

It's basically just a small store that sells only products imported from the UK, which consists mostly of food but also offers some shower gels and dish soaps too.
That's adorable Tongue Have you bumped into other Brits living in Florida while shopping there? Has got to be jarring, but it's nice to have a slice from home haha.

Are you taking summer classes or do you mean you just started university overall in the spring semester?
I went back to college in 2016 but only this past spring semester did I transfer to university from community college. Our system is jank, but it's the cheaper route than going straight to uni. Californians get all of community college for free basically, so I'm only on the hook my last two years at uni.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 23rd, 2023

Definitely the smart thing to do. I had Moony do community college first to save money on all those prereq classes. Only problem I'm seeing now is it makes university semesters sucks cuz they like, expect you to have those classes to fill up your semesters with.

I enjoy going to that British store myself - I love finding new things to try and having Moony there to guide me :3

We got a concert tomorrow night - I've never seen Fall Out Boy in concert before so it should be fun ^_^

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 24th, 2023

(Jul 22nd, 2023, 07:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Aww it's all good, and besides this thread is for literally anything that doesn't fit into a thread of its own so I don't even know if this thread can be hijacked when it serves for any purpose not served elsewhere. Tongue

Glad to hear your kitty has remained stable by the sounds of it. I'll admit I was a little worried when I saw you had posted in here again in case things had gone badly since your last post on the matter, but peeing on the bed is rather mild compared to the other options that haven't made their way onto the table. I guess she doesn't pick the same spot on the bed to sleep so you can put a towel or something down in that spot for her to sleep on so the pee gets caught on that and saves you having to swap out the whole bed every time?

Is that job still the same one from way back when you'd talk about the manager being a pain and stuff? I recall at that time you made mentions of looking for a new job but that she had managed to get you to stay, but don't recall if you ended up changing jobs anyway if you mentioned that at any point between then and now. XD

Nah, nothing has gone bad yet. Just one more night to get through before the appointment tomorrow and we'll find out then just how bad things are.

The plastic protector I have on the bed is enough to protect the mattress, which is all I really care about. Blankets and sheets are easily washable. I started taking everything off my bed every day when I wake up though, just to avoid having to wash them so many times every week. Obviously depending on how things go tomorrow, this may not be something I have to worry about doing for much longer.

No, I left that job about two years ago for my current overnight job. Thankfully it seems things might actually be getting better and I won't have to worry about finding a new job again, and the amount of stress and irritation the job has been causing will hopefully be going down by a lot. Which is good because this job pays too much for me to want to leave right now, please I'm only about 4 1/2 months away from collecting a $3,500-$4,000 bonus check.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 24th, 2023

(Jul 23rd, 2023, 01:54 PM)Eric Wrote:

That's adorable Tongue Have you bumped into other Brits living in Florida while shopping there? Has got to be jarring, but it's nice to have a slice from home haha.
Not counting the owner being British, yes I have encountered other customers in there who are British. I've also had a couple of instances of coming across a British customer at the store I work for, one of whom was from the same county as me. Then there was a time this year where Shira's car was being serviced and the rep who was dealing with us was from the UK but left over 30+ years ago, but was from the exact same area that I lived in and we had a long chat about how it was when he was still there compared to now. XD

(Jul 23rd, 2023, 01:54 PM)Eric Wrote:
I went back to college in 2016 but only this past spring semester did I transfer to university from community college. Our system is jank, but it's the cheaper route than going straight to uni. Californians get all of community college for free basically, so I'm only on the hook my last two years at uni.
(Jul 23rd, 2023, 06:28 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Definitely the smart thing to do. I had Moony do community college first to save money on all those prereq classes. Only problem I'm seeing now is it makes university semesters sucks cuz they like, expect you to have those classes to fill up your semesters with.
Yeah, as Shira already pointed out this was what I did, but it probably tacked on an extra year or two for me overall in getting my degree since the place I go to designs itself around pre-reqs and degree classes being done simultaneously.

(Jul 23rd, 2023, 06:28 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
We got a concert tomorrow night - I've never seen Fall Out Boy in concert before so it should be fun ^_^
Yeah, didn't realize it was tonight because I forgot Shira had told me the date. My only hope for the concert is to not get bitten alive since it takes place outside. I have bug spray, but I'm still hesitant on thinking that'll stop every bug from trying to make a meal of me. Tongue

(Jul 24th, 2023, 03:25 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(Jul 22nd, 2023, 07:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nah, nothing has gone bad yet. Just one more night to get through before the appointment tomorrow and we'll find out then just how bad things are.

The plastic protector I have on the bed is enough to protect the mattress, which is all I really care about. Blankets and sheets are easily washable. I started taking everything off my bed every day when I wake up though, just to avoid having to wash them so many times every week. Obviously depending on how things go tomorrow, this may not be something I have to worry about doing for much longer.

No, I left that job about two years ago for my current overnight job. Thankfully it seems things might actually be getting better and I won't have to worry about finding a new job again, and the amount of stress and irritation the job has been causing will hopefully be going down by a lot. Which is good because this job pays too much for me to want to leave right now, please I'm only about 4 1/2 months away from collecting a $3,500-$4,000 bonus check.
I hope the appointment goes as well as it can. ^_^

Ah. I don't change my sheets and blankets every day so I'd be finding ways to avoid that if my kitty was requiring me to start doing it daily. XD

Ya know, despite knowing you do an overnight job now my mind was unsure if that was a new job or just a new shift. XD What's the bonus check for?

It amazes me how stupid so many rich people are in the world. Musk really thinks it's an amazing idea to change Twitter to just X all because he still has a hard-on for putting X in company names. Rolleyes