Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jul 24th, 2023

I hope thing go as well as they can too Night Lord and I do hope thing get easier for you at that job cause that seem like a really nice bonus check to be looking forward too. :3

I wonder if there is a british store in my area or maybe even an Australian store where I can go down under and buy one of them aussie brand of snacks.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 24th, 2023

There might be a British store by you @Karo since there's a couple around me, plus Publix just outright has an area for British food in their stores so it seems to be a popular enough thing in general for it. Given you live in Florida there's surely a Publix near you and they would at least have some British stuff in there, although it is a very limited selection.
I can't say I've ever seen any Australian stores or food about but I've also never gone out of my way to look. I expect it'll be rare because of the large distance to get that stuff imported, which likely puts a lot of cost on that makes the stuff hardly worth selling.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 25th, 2023

@Moonface The bonus check is just something this company does. They have a 40% profit share, so at the end of the fiscal year, they take 40% of their total profit for the year and split it among all the workers based off of how many hours you worked. Last year my take home from the bonus was a bit over $3,000, and that was with two months of the fiscal year still being part-time. This fiscal year I'll have been full-time for it all, and they are on pace for another record profit year, so my take home should be around $3,500 at least, maybe closer to $4,000.

Pretty much the only thing that makes it worth working for this company. Well, that and the fact that my hourly pay is much better than pretty much any where else I could find a job at as well thanks to the $3/hr bonus pay that overnights gets.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 25th, 2023

@Dragon Lord : Yeah hope today goes alright, no matter which way it goes but it was good to hear your cat didn't have too many problems in the past week leading up to the next visit. Dang that's a good bonus, my company's stopped bonuses, it was to make up for the increase in pay we got though. We only got about £100-£200 or some meagre figure like that anyway so up to $4,000 is brilliant.

@Moonface: Ah, so that's what the random X I saw on Twitter is about, confused me but I didn't bother to find out why, but yeah Musk is a moron. Keeps me glad I never joined...X before he got his hands on it, now even more so. XD
Also it's cool you're finding other Brits over there, even ones from our county.

Parts of my body have been aching a bit, so it's time for some exercises and stretching.

Thanks Elite. Three more hours to go until her appointment and I can feel the nerves working up (my stomach is letting me know that big time). Going to bed yesterday was a bit tough, because while I was trying to fall asleep I just kept having the fact that it could be the very least time I went to sleep with Zoey next to me, which made it extremely sad and hard to actually fall asleep.

Today is going to be a hurricane of emotions regardless of which way it goes. I'm probably going to take the night off of work because of it, because the last thing I want to do is have to deal with customers when I'm emotionally unstable.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 25th, 2023

(Jul 25th, 2023, 03:14 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Moonface  The bonus check is just something this company does. They have a 40% profit share, so at the end of the fiscal year, they take 40% of their total profit for the year and split it among all the workers based off of how many hours you worked. Last year my take home from the bonus was a bit over $3,000, and that was with two months of the fiscal year still being part-time. This fiscal year I'll have been full-time for it all, and they are on pace for another record profit year, so my take home should be around $3,500 at least, maybe closer to $4,000.

Pretty much the only thing that makes it worth working for this company. Well, that and the fact that my hourly pay is much better than pretty much any where else I could find a job at as well thanks to the $3/hr bonus pay that overnights gets.
Meanwhile I got told today that raises in my job are now "percentage based" calculated from a combination of your evaluation and your current hourly pay, and that there's a very high chance nobody will even get a dollar raise, despite the fact we now only get one raise a year. It doesn't seem to have made the rounds to a lot of workers yet but if it turns out to be true and word starts spreading about it, I can't imagine many people won't be pissed off about it. Rolleyes

(Jul 25th, 2023, 09:12 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Also it's cool you're finding other Brits over there, even ones from our county.
Oh the guy at the car place actually knew our town outright which to me was wild. He even said things about it I knew you would only know by knowing the place so I know he wasn't just fluffing things up to try and vibe with me more. XD

(Jul 25th, 2023, 02:35 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Thanks Elite. Three more hours to go until her appointment and I can feel the nerves working up (my stomach is letting me know that big time). Going to bed yesterday was a bit tough, because while I was trying to fall asleep I just kept having the fact that it could be the very least time I went to sleep with Zoey next to me, which made it extremely sad and hard to actually fall asleep.

Today is going to be a hurricane of emotions regardless of which way it goes. I'm probably going to take the night off of work because of it, because the last thing I want to do is have to deal with customers when I'm emotionally unstable.
I'd highly recommend taking the night off work even if everything went 100% perfect at the vet, just so you can actually relax and release all that built up stress and tension. Just because things turn out fine doesn't mean all of the emotions are instantly negated, especially for a case like this where your mind could be picturing "What if?" scenarios of a future case where things go worse.
As for having trouble sleeping, yeah, it sucks whenever there's something that makes you "clock watch" so to speak, even when you know doing it is bad but the circumstances are too prominent to ignore it. I wish I had any advice on ways to cope when it comes to this stuff but all I can really think of is to just allow your feelings to happen rather than try and suppress them or something.
Is Zoey the only kitty you have or do you have others? I could've sworn you have more than one but once again, my memory is being shit. Sweat

Had maybe...three hours of sleep last night due to not getting home until 1am, and having to be awake at 4:10am for work. The concert was delayed by like 90+ minutes last night because of Florida's stupid weather. x.x

We normally only get one raise a year at my job too, which is usually something insignificant. I think I got like a 40 cent raise this past year. The bonus is the only thing they do that is way different from a large majority of other companies.

Yeah, I have three other cats. Leo, Eli and Emma (brother and sister). Leo is the one I have to be worried about if I don't come home with Zoey today, because she's been with him since the day we brought him home as a kitten, so I worry about how hard he might take losing his best friend. He gets along with Emma and Eli fairly well now, but he's not super close to them like he is Zoey.

We're heading out for the vet appointment now, so I might be back in a couple of hours or so to update everyone, or might just wait until tonight when I wake up if things go the worst case scenario. Might not have the oomph to get on the computer when I get home in that case.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 25th, 2023

Yeah the company I work for stopped bonuses years ago for everyone, as well as a few other perks and as far as I know never replaced any of them nor gave any decent reason for stopping the existing ones. This new approach to raises just sucks because it used to be twice a year, and you'd likely get 50c each time if you were doing your job well and your manager isn't a dickhead, then it went to once a year to streamline things but the raises would aim to be equivalent to what the two separate ones would have been (which for me it was). Reducing raises to like, 50c a year (which my coworker told me is probably not even going to be reachable and suspects it'll be more likely below 40c) is basically a pay cut for no reason except greed and asking to rub people the wrong way. This from a company that likes to preach it's "dedicated to the dignity, value and employment security of our associates". ROFL

Oh wow you have four?! I always thought three was the max you had when I could remember you having more than one cat. XD
I've heard that showing a cat the body of a deceased cat they were close with helps them understand quicker what has happened to that cat, but that only works if you plan to bury the cat instead of having it cremated. America gives me the impression that burying animals is barely a thing (excluding small things like a fish or something) whereas in the UK it felt like if someone had a garden they would bury their pet unless it was something like a huge dog that would require digging a hole so big you'll start being suspected of hiding something shifty. LOL

However it goes, I hope it goes as well as it possibly can and the vet tries to help make things as bearable as possible should the outcome be rough. I'll be keeping you in mind for sure but by all means don't rush yourself on here for mine or anyone else's behalf. Your needs come first at this time. Wink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - aerodynamik - Jul 25th, 2023

Hi everyone! How's it going?

Just noticed UG has been online on MyBB for over 5 years past month. Great accomplishment!

I'll post what happened today in a spoiler for those who don't wish to read it, because the floodgates will probably open in the process:

I think that's everything I wanted to say. Or at least what my brain can think of right now. As I mentioned before, I did get someone to cover my shift at work tonight, so I have the night to sit here, process my emotions, cry it out, do whatever to try and help me come to terms with it all. It's going to be a very difficult night for me, that's for sure.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jul 25th, 2023

(Jul 25th, 2023, 09:52 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'll post what happened today in a spoiler for those who don't wish to read it, because the floodgates will probably open in the process:

I think that's everything I wanted to say. Or at least what my brain can think of right now. As I mentioned before, I did get someone to cover my shift at work tonight, so I have the night to sit here, process my emotions, cry it out, do whatever to try and help me come to terms with it all. It's going to be a very difficult night for me, that's for sure.
I'll put my reply in the spoiler too.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 26th, 2023

Darn, so yes it really was for the best to let her go now than to wait it out with medication. May she rest in peace, little kitty. I had to stop reading the spoiler when you got to a part I wasn't able to do for my cat, but it was to avoid seeing my cat bleed because her veins weren't big enough to take a needle anymore. I finished reading the rest of that, and yeah you gave Zoey a good life. I was similar in wishing mine would appear again like the event didn't happen, or doing stuff out of habit when my cat was still about. I know it's one less now but there's still those other 3 cats that need you still and they can keep you company too.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 26th, 2023

(Jul 25th, 2023, 09:38 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Just noticed UG has been online on MyBB for over 5 years past month. Great accomplishment!
Yeah, it's crazy how fast time flies. Monkas

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 27th, 2023

So my night of relaxation and de-stressing turned into a night of being stressed and annoyed as hell. We got hit by a huge storm that knocked our power out at about 11:30 PM Tuesday night and it took the power company almost 20 hours to finally get it back up, at around 8 PM Wednesday night.

So instead of being able to take my mind off of things with some gaming and chilling with friends, I ended up sitting in the dark all night with nothing to do but think about all the shit I wanted to get my mind off of. Pain. Then to add insult to injury, yesterday was a heat index of around 100-105, so with no power that of course meant no AC, which meant no sleep for me because it was way too uncomfortable. I ended up staying home from work (completely unintentionally), so I guess this is my relaxing night.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 28th, 2023

Oof, it was 20 hours in the end @Dragon Lord? Did any of your food spoil or did it manage to all hold out for that long?

As for the flawed ways of thinking, therapy is a good way to learn how to view things from a better perspective or at least not allow negative thoughts to impact your mood or self esteem heavily. Smile