Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 2nd, 2023

May I never encounter a hurricane or tornado then. Not that I'd be bothered by rain falling sideways, just in general.

Eep, yowch. Hope Shira's mother is getting the care she needs after that fall and that she recovers quickly. Such a bad thing to happen. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Sep 4th, 2023

Hi all! Have a great week!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 5th, 2023

Yeah sideways rain sucks to be outside in. Watching it from inside though is cool as heck though. I've never seen snow before but I imagine it looks like that outside when it would be LOL

My mom's doing OK now. The fall came from passing out, so it wasn't like old age or tripping over something. She hadn't eaten dinner the night before, skipped breakfast accidentally in the morning, and by lunchtime got up, perhaps too quickly, and her body was not having it. I'm thankful because the prospect of my mom mentally declining in such a way would really fuck me up. She's 70. Human bodies suck Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 5th, 2023

Ah, she passed out. Still no joke missing breakfast let alone two meals especially when you're not young so to speak. Gotta have that energy to do stuff. So no real surprise knowing that fact then. Good she's doing OK and that it wasn't a mental problem.
This made me immediately get up and go get some breakfast myself actually at just after 10AM. XD

I'm doing whatever so hope everyone also has a good week or it gets better.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 5th, 2023

I have spent the last three hours working on this etching, my hand is killing me, and it's still not finished...

[Image: ub3pFyI.jpeg]

I would stop, but I don't really want to work on this tomorrow morning to get it finished before my class starts at 12pm which this thing is due for. Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Sep 6th, 2023

(Sep 5th, 2023, 11:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I have spent the last three hours working on this etching, my hand is killing me, and it's still not finished...

I would stop, but I don't really want to work on this tomorrow morning to get it finished before my class starts at 12pm which this thing is due for. Suffer

Looks awesome!   Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 6th, 2023

(Sep 6th, 2023, 02:30 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
(Sep 5th, 2023, 11:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Looks awesome!   Smile
Thanks! Grin
I unfortunately still have work to do on it because my teacher wants everyone to improve any areas that looked weak or lacking on our test prints today. I somehow have to fit that in alongside my other project as both are due Friday. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 9th, 2023

How did your projects go, Moony? Got them done and such? Do you have at least the weekend to relax a bit after it all, well except for work?

Been hot here last week or so, like hottest weekend to boot this year but hoo boy thunderstorms be looming soon. No surprise there, although this heat in late August/early September has been.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 9th, 2023

(Sep 9th, 2023, 09:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
How did your projects go, Moony? Got them done and such? Do you have at least the weekend to relax a bit after it all, well except for work?
The etching is done in terms of work to the plate itself; I just have to do more prints with it but those are done in class. My photography project got extended to tomorrow night so I'm planning to finish it up tomorrow during the day.
I should remember to make a thread for all my work I've done over the last couple of years...

(Sep 9th, 2023, 09:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Been hot here last week or so, like hottest weekend to boot this year but hoo boy thunderstorms be looming soon. No surprise there, although this heat in late August/early September has been.
Eh, it's been hot in September before (maybe not as hot as it is now but rising global temperatures make it a bit unfair to compare 2023 to like 2006 lol) since there'd be those times in school right at the start of the year where we'd get to remove our blazers and ties because of the heat.
There's a thunderstorm going on here right now, presumably because of yet another tropical storm/hurricane brewing out on the ocean nearby again. Haven't kept up to date with it for a couple of days to know what's up with it right now but I don't think it'll be going near me or anyone else who's a member here, which means @Karo's power will be safe this time around. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 9th, 2023

Ah yeah I meant like peak of Summer heat (for UK standards) in September when you'd expect that type of thing to be in June, July or early August. I know September is still close enough to those months for the possibility of still getting potential Summer weather, definitely for the nicely hot/warm temperature and not the burning, sweaty and sticky kind now. XD I like my comfy duvet, not simply the cover for it, boo.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 10th, 2023

If you're not sweating year round, are you really living? Hmm (answer: no, you're probably leading a much better quality of life somewhere else that's not Florida, send help)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 11th, 2023

So, my schedule has suddenly freed up, it seems. I've been in a pathfinder game for a good 6 months now, but the game has suddenly and dramatically flamed out. One of our players had to drop because he works overnights, and can't stay up enough to keep a session going, and one player is completely MIA, no responses to any texts or anything like that. I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks before I call it dead, and then I get to figure out what to do with that time slot lol.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 12th, 2023

That's unfortunate. How many people were in that game?

Still, hey, maybe don't fill up the time slot. Keep at as free time to yourself!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 12th, 2023

Stupid UK homes without air con, well older ones anyway like ours. You try and cool yourself with a wash then nah you just start sweating again after a while. Seems to be OK today though but it is still early, well mid-morning, and by the forecast before it was meant to start cooling down. Ah, 23 degrees, 20 tomorrow then slightly back up again rest of the week until Sunday where it starts to rain (though says possible rain today too).

Yeah a shame that game seemed to fall apart by inactivity. How long did a good session tend to take?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 12th, 2023

There were 5 people in a campaign meant for at least 4, so with that MIA person, we aren't able to continue it. Sessions were usually about 4 hours or so. But yeah, I'm definitely gonna be taking that as free time for a while, but without a Tabletop game currently running for me, I know I'll be back in it sometime soon.

Edit: and minutes after this post went up, my Mom managed to screw me, and brought the garage door down on my car as I was backing out. And I was this close to having a car that I didn't butcher for once. God damn it...