Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 13th, 2023

(Sep 12th, 2023, 09:12 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Stupid UK homes without air con, well older ones anyway like ours. You try and cool yourself with a wash then nah you just start sweating again after a while. Seems to be OK today though but it is still early, well mid-morning, and by the forecast before it was meant to start cooling down. Ah, 23 degrees, 20 tomorrow then slightly back up again rest of the week until Sunday where it starts to rain (though says possible rain today too).
Not sure if Amazon UK has them (couldn't be bothered to change region) but if you can find one of these at a good price it might be useful: Electric Neck Fans
The wedding I went to a couple of months ago had a few of these in reserve for if the wedding had taken place outside so that the wedding party could keep cool during the final practice run. I can't recall if I got to try one out but they were really good. Wink

(Sep 12th, 2023, 01:21 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Edit: and minutes after this post went up, my Mom managed to screw me, and brought the garage door down on my car as I was backing out. And I was this close to having a car that I didn't butcher for once. God damn it...
I would hope she'll pay to fix the damage but I get the feeling you're going to tell me that isn't happening... Mellow
At least this one wasn't your fault though, assuming any others you have butchered were at your own doing going by the "I didn't butcher" part of your post. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 13th, 2023

No. Of course they won't. Why would they? They're the parents; they spent enough raising me. Who cares if they break my shit?

Today started shit, and it's ended shit. So, I finally got off my ass and decided to finish setting up the new PC with the new power supply and the 3060 graphics card, and I find, to my dismay, that the PC uses another custom power plug that requires an adapter. This time, it's 14 pin, not 8-pin, so I can't even use the adapter I bought previously for this exact problem with the last computer! I love PC building! It's so awesome! WHY DIDN'T I JUST BUY A PRE-BUILT ONE?!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 13th, 2023

@Moonface: Ah I would've thought about getting one but now it's just cooled down a lot, I actually needed something over my shirt for part of the day and no heat. Probably the end of the blistering heat we've had until next Summer I guess. Yesterday was fine just a bit warmer. I also somehow forgot I have a cooling towel that I could've used but never did this year. LOL

@Maniakkid25 : Geez how'd she not realise you were in the garage and actually coming out with your car? Wow, and won't help pay for it? Just...wow. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 15th, 2023

Yeah, my dad literally said when he checked the damage "You're going to have to live with it," so fuck me. And if I bring up the fact that she did it, therefore she should pay for it, they're just gonna get pissy with me, so why friggin' bother?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 16th, 2023

@Maniakkid25: I strongly suspect if you had lowered the garage door onto either of your parents cars though there'd be an expectation of you to pay for the damage. Rolleyes

As for PC building, I've never been intrigued about doing it because it already feels daunting to me, and knowing there's loads of tedious details to consider like power supply pins and stuff that are tripping you up Maniak definitely makes me happy to stick with just buying pre-made stuff. Although I only use laptops and I doubt those are really something people can build themselves.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 17th, 2023

Yeah computer building is so particular. Even my friend who built PCs recommended I get a pre-built for the least amount of future headache.

Also yeah, fuck your parents so hard for that decision. That is such an asshole decision, parents or not. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 20th, 2023

I need to remember to look into how to install my SSD into my laptop...

Also, screw YouTube finally making the move to block ad blockers entirely. I wouldn't mind so much if they wouldn't push Premium popups every time an ad plays, which is actually more obnoxious than the ad itself. Oh, and I don't like that a video can have a paid sponsor and still run ads on top; if you had that video paid for by a sponsor then you shouldn't be allowed to run ads on it too. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 22nd, 2023

I still haven't run into that problem myself. At worst it loads the ad but won't play it so the video lags to start for a hot second, then proceeds to load my video as normal. It's not too bad for me cuz I don't tend to watch YouTube on desktop these days, only at work which is almost exclusively for our music videos and other related video coverage of my boss.

Ads on videos lately has to be at an all time worst. All these services, even paid tiers, force you to watch not just 5-10 seconds, but whole minutes of ads, like a proper Cable TV ad break. It's actually disgusting as hell to witness.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Sep 22nd, 2023

PC building sound kinda intimidating mostly due to having to be sure all the parts are compatible there are online tools for it, but I have yet to really ever do that.

Maybe if I ever need to replace my graphic card I might have to try the power supply thing, but I'm not looking forward to trying that. ;u;

I'm kinda surprised your parents aren't willing to pay for the damage or help you with your car Cricket. >.<

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 25th, 2023

(Sep 22nd, 2023, 03:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I still haven't run into that problem myself. At worst it loads the ad but won't play it so the video lags to start for a hot second, then proceeds to load my video as normal. It's not too bad for me cuz I don't tend to watch YouTube on desktop these days, only at work which is almost exclusively for our music videos and other related video coverage of my boss.

Ads on videos lately has to be at an all time worst. All these services, even paid tiers, force you to watch not just 5-10 seconds, but whole minutes of ads, like a proper Cable TV ad break. It's actually disgusting as hell to witness.
I don't get how you haven't had YouTube tell you before any video that ad blockers aren't allowed and once you hit the limit of three videos you'll be permanently blocked from watching anything until you disable the ad blocker. All I can think is maybe your Chrome isn't updated to have whatever feature is in it that stops ad blockers on YouTube, since other browsers such as Firefox don't get that warning even when using an ad blocker on there.

(Sep 22nd, 2023, 03:27 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'm kinda surprised your parents aren't willing to pay for the damage or help you with your car Cricket. >.<
I'm surprised you're surprised by that, only because usually whenever @Maniakkid25 mentions their parents it tends to be regarding something they do/say that they and most people reading it disagree with. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 25th, 2023

Yeah I've never had that crop up for me. I do have like, 2 or 3 layers of AdBlock though? I dunno if that matters. Actually wait, do you have a login? Wondering if that makes a difference too Unsure

Also hey @Karo you gotta fix your avatar, dear Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 25th, 2023

@ShiraNoMai: Yes I'm logged in on YouTube. I thought you'd have known that since I've mentioned being subscribed to channels such as BigMooney. Tongue
Fortunately the ads aren't too obnoxious so far; it's actually YouTube itself being more of a pain trying to constantly push Premium.

For whatever reason I couldn't sleep last night so I essentially pulled an all nighter minus the hour or so of sleep I did manage to get. Despite being incredibly tired I've not managed to actually fall asleep yet though. Maybe it's to do with feeling unwell still which came on yesterday and hasn't gone away. I'm currently debating whether to call out of work or not yet and offer to go in another day or something. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 30th, 2023

So, my Xbox friend group has splintered in spectacular fashion today, and it's been something that I've been waiting for months to happen. It doesn't make it any less crappy that it did happen, but given the person involved has such spicy takes as "I wouldn't mind living in Russia, because they banned all LGBTQ+ people there" and "the Anne Frank Diary is a fraud" (which I immediately disproved, by the way), let's just say I have no sympathy, and have no problems cutting him out of my life. Fuck him.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 30th, 2023

All I have to say to that is heckin' yikes. Big yikes even. Yikes

I also don't get what there would be to gain from Anne Frank's diary being fake. Like, do people like your former friend think that's the only proof of the events from that time in history or something? Blink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 30th, 2023

Yeah, your guess is as good as mine, there. I don't know what that proves or disproves other than being an OBVIOUS Holocaust Denialism talking point. Like, seriously?

The worst part about this divorce is that some of the other friends in the group is not taking it well. One of them thinks he's high and mighty and above this bullshit discourse (He's the asshole), and another doesn't want to pick a side because he wants the friend group to stay together, and not be forced to cut someone out of their lives (He's the one I sympathize with). So, yeah, now that the Rubicon has been finally crossed, I'm just left wondering how it didn't happen YEARS ago.