Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 30th, 2023

(Sep 30th, 2023, 08:33 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Yeah, your guess is as good as mine, there. I don't know what that proves or disproves other than being an OBVIOUS Holocaust Denialism talking point. Like, seriously?
World War 1 and World War 2 are just fanfiction bruh like didn't you know that? Ayaya

(Sep 30th, 2023, 08:33 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
So, yeah, now that the Rubicon has been finally crossed, I'm just left wondering how it didn't happen YEARS ago.
Maybe I was just fortunate enough to not witness signs to the contrary but my armchair guess would be that because however long "years ago" is was during a time where people weren't so openly public with such idiotic takes that widely known and documented historical events didn't happen? Unsure Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 30th, 2023

Oh, no, he's always been running his mouth with that sort of shit. That's just some of the most recent ones he had that finally broke the camel's back.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 30th, 2023

Umm.. holy shit dude, I mean... yeah I'm sorry you lost out on friendships, and I hope you maintain with those of them that aren't shitbags like that one, but I mean, congrats on cutting that tool out at least? Lmao

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 30th, 2023

Oh, I thought it was that he held these specific views years ago but just never shared them until now and was just saying milder stuff prior to this most recent event. LOL

I wonder if there's a notable amount of people in somewhere like Japan who just think the nukes never happened. Can't say I've ever seen anyone anywhere claiming that event is fake but someone saying that outside of Japan wouldn't surprise me, hence why I focused on just those native to and living in Japan.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Oct 1st, 2023

Given that Godzilla is well-known to be an allegory for the atomic bombs hitting Japan, I have my doubts that people have forgotten what happened to them. Then again, it's also hard to deny that they never happened when (*In Worst Death Grips impression*) I've seen footage! No, but seriously, we filmed the bombings of Japan, and there's all sorts of external evidence that you have to handwave away before you can begin to claim that the bombings didn't happen. Ukraine never forgot the Holodomor, Germany refuses to let it's people forget the Holocaust, and Japan will not forget what we did to them. Now, THE REASONS why this happened may not get taught properly, but they won't forget the fact that it did happen.

I can, however, see similarities to the Moon Landing Hoaxers in that kind of assessment. The big difference between the two, however, is you can visit Japan. You can go to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. You can't just go to the Moon. So, verifying it is a lot harder, especially with the time element of it being so long ago. And speaking of the Moon Landing Hoaxers, my favorite debunk of that myth is the guy who said "Yeah, we went to the Moon because it would have been impossible to film it on Earth." It's VERY interesting to watch him explain that the tech to be able to fake it just wasn't there yet, and it literally would have been easier to just go to the Moon!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Oct 1st, 2023

Yeah that's like trying to make a high effort meme for like, a 1 second bit you know? Now if only there were some way to disprove the Ancient Alien stuff

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 3rd, 2023

(Oct 1st, 2023, 12:30 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Given that Godzilla is well-known to be an allegory for the atomic bombs hitting Japan, I have my doubts that people have forgotten what happened to them. Then again, it's also hard to deny that they never happened when (*In Worst Death Grips impression*) I've seen footage! No, but seriously, we filmed the bombings of Japan, and there's all sorts of external evidence that you have to handwave away before you can begin to claim that the bombings didn't happen. Ukraine never forgot the Holodomor, Germany refuses to let it's people forget the Holocaust, and Japan will not forget what we did to them. Now, THE REASONS why this happened may not get taught properly, but they won't forget the fact that it did happen.

I can, however, see similarities to the Moon Landing Hoaxers in that kind of assessment. The big difference between the two, however, is you can visit Japan. You can go to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. You can't just go to the Moon. So, verifying it is a lot harder, especially with the time element of it being so long ago. And speaking of the Moon Landing Hoaxers, my favorite debunk of that myth is the guy who said "Yeah, we went to the Moon because it would have been impossible to film it on Earth." It's VERY interesting to watch him explain that the tech to be able to fake it just wasn't there yet, and it literally would have been easier to just go to the Moon!
I forgot about Godzilla. LOL I also was under the impression Japan tries to be rather hush about their actions in the World Wars which if they are makes it seem like it would be difficult to then explain why they had a couple of nukes dropped on them. Like, if the explanation given is "We did some kinda fucked up shit" or something that sounds bad enough to not make a nuke seem like a huge overreaction I would think a lot of people would get curious of what their country did that could be bad enough that we won't get told that but we will get told that another country chose to respond to it with a weapon that isn't topped by anything else when it comes to sheer power and destruction.

As for being able to visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki I don't feel like doing that would dissuade someone who thinks the nukes didn't happen. They'd pull some "Well if it was that bad how are these places so well recovered in less than half a century?" style questioning or something. Although I would agree with that question only in the sense that it is pretty dang impressive how you wouldn't know by looking at it that those areas of Japan were hit by something of that power and rebuilt to their current states in <50 years or so.

Saw an interesting icon on my phone home screen during work that I hadn't seen before, and saw that it was an alert icon for poor air quality, which is currently sitting at this where I live:

[Image: XqbIulZ.png]

I can't say I've ever seen an alert for air quality before, and when I went outside to come home from work I could actually see how bad the air quality is. Everything has this smoggy haze to it that I don't think I've ever seen before in my life to that extent. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Oct 4th, 2023

Yeah, I think that was a statewide thing. I saw it was really hazey out, too, when I did a drive to pick up my meds, and I thought it was fog, to be honest. But no, looking it up, it's actually smoke from Canada, of all places?! Well, that's...interesting.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 4th, 2023

Oh, Canada is having wildfires again? I hadn't heard about them having another round of those since the one that was at the start of the year. LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Oct 9th, 2023

Hey all, hows it going?

Hope you're having a great October!

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Oct 9th, 2023

Cute GIF,  funny how the ghost about to get snapped up is smiling for a portion of it.

Yeah October already...it's going OK, I should really have sorted my bedroom out by now but will finish that tomorrow. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Oct 10th, 2023

I realized earlier today that it's been a while since I popped in to say hi. How's everyone doing?

I started a new job this year and have been busily juggling that, some freelance stuff, as well as my side YouTube hustle. I actually posted a couple of new videos since my last post here. I'll have to share them here. One is a review of a service, the other one is an actual game review. I'll share one tonight and the other when I remember to do so at another date.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 10th, 2023

(Oct 9th, 2023, 12:30 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey all, hows it going?

Hope you're having a great October!

[Image: 200.gif]
Feels like the month has been a blur for me even though we're only just over a week into it. ROFL

(Oct 9th, 2023, 02:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Cute GIF,  funny how the ghost about to get snapped up is smiling for a portion of it.
Oh no, don't bite me ghost senpai! OuO

(Oct 10th, 2023, 02:03 AM)Frank Wrote:
I realized earlier today that it's been a while since I popped in to say hi. How's everyone doing?

I started a new job this year and have been busily juggling that, some freelance stuff, as well as my side YouTube hustle. I actually posted a couple of new videos since my last post here. I'll have to share them here. One is a review of a service, the other one is an actual game review. I'll share one tonight and the other when I remember to do so at another date.
Hey Frank! Been wondering where you were at and figured it was gonna be stuff on your plate. Tongue
I forget if you mentioned that new job last time you were here or not but either way, what's the job you're doing? Smile

Also weird that you've uploaded new videos to YouTube and yet not once has it put anything from you into my recommended page, yet it'll give me stuff from channels I've never watched offering content I've never shown interest in. Rolleyes
And I say weird but we know it's just YouTube being shit with its algorithm. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Oct 10th, 2023

(Oct 10th, 2023, 02:09 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Oct 10th, 2023, 02:03 AM)Frank Wrote:

Hey Frank! Been wondering where you were at and figured it was gonna be stuff on your plate. Tongue
I forget if you mentioned that new job last time you were here or not but either way, what's the job you're doing? Smile

Also weird that you've uploaded new videos to YouTube and yet not once has it put anything from you into my recommended page, yet it'll give me stuff from channels I've never watched offering content I've never shown interest in. Rolleyes
And I say weird but we know it's just YouTube being shit with its algorithm. XD

Unfortunately, it's pretty much just a warehouse job. But it's paying the bills for the time being Tongue

If you hit the notification bell, it'll tell you every time I post a new video. Otherwise, my videos tend to get buried in the Subscription feed. 

YouTube's algorithm is something I truly wish I understood. But it does look like the majority of the views from my latest video came from YouTube recommendations. Doesn't look like many came from subscribers. Maybe others had a similar issue.  Sigh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Oct 10th, 2023

YouTube is such a police state these days. Watch the content we want you to see, make money on how we see fit, and nothing else is acceptable. Miss the days of it being just home videos and poorly uploaded copyrighted shit LOL