Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 15th, 2018

(Jul 15th, 2018, 01:42 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 15th, 2018, 12:52 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 15th, 2018, 12:04 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I assume Sabaton is a metal band? Never heard of them. XD

Well I see you don't pay attention to my posts then, a few months back I had a discussion about them with EliteL, and before then with others in this same topic (in the old board Whistle)

Spare him! He is a good boy Tongue!

I don't like Sabaton's way of rubbing salt on wounds, but I adore their music.

If its the song I think it is, its also the one I find the weakest of theirs that I have heard.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 15th, 2018

(Jul 15th, 2018, 03:16 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Well I see you don't pay attention to my posts then, a few months back I had a discussion about them with EliteL, and before then with others in this same topic (in the old board Whistle)

If its the song I think it is, its also the one I find the weakest of theirs that I have heard.

Back in Control? Yeah, pretty weak too.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 15th, 2018

So... the concert was AMAZING!!! My feet, legs and back are killing me, but it was SO worth it. I would go and do it all again right now if I could. Hopefully I can bring myself to go again in the future, because seeing Miku live again is something I definitely want to do.

I can't even begin to put the emotions into words. I still think my mind is struggling to process the fact that I was actually there to see it.

Best night of my life, no doubt. Miku appearing on stage at the start is 110% the best single moment of my life.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 15th, 2018

(Jul 13th, 2018, 11:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Well, I'm feeling wonderful about myself since it seems there's no classes left that suit me for college in the Fall, so looks like I'll have to postpone college ventures until January. I guess on the bright side I can learn to drive before then so I can get there by myself. Errm Eh

Ah, I wondered why you were starting in January. Since my mum relayed me the message after she met your mum about college. So yeah, some more time to do other things then. At least this part of the year will be more eventful for you compared to last year I guess. XD Also that Publix has seemed to think you are good for a supervisor position, or whatever it is, which I assume is why your interview took so long, so congrats on that. =3

@DL: Awesome, glad that concert was that good for you. Did she have some kind of entrance when first appearing on stage, or do you remember that at all? LOL 

Saw our second store's (George) refit yesterday after work. Looks good, and more space since the non existent  cafe which was previously next to it was opened up for them to use. Also the media stuff moved over there, and there's now an area (albeit small, but PS4/Xbox One isn't big either) for Nintendo games, so that's cool. Right after I mentioned how my particular local supermarket stopped selling Nintendo stuff there in another topic. XD

(Jul 15th, 2018, 03:33 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

This part is what kills it for me:

Quote:Orders from the iron maiden, get the islands back
Failure will not be accepted, call for artillery strike, launch attack
The change in timing and rhythm just kills the momentum of the song. It just feels like they worked on two songs about the subject then merged this line from one song in to the other.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 15th, 2018

Glad to hear you enjoyed the concert DL! Was they selling any special merchandise for the event?

@EL: I heard they installed new freezers too.

(Jul 15th, 2018, 02:41 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

The change in timing and rhythm just kills the momentum of the song. It just feels like they worked on two songs about the subject then merged this line from one song in to the other.

Yeah, exactly the part that kills it for me, too. Comes out of nowhere and it is complete bullshit... if they had relied on artillery strikes, they would still be trying.

How about "call in the Navy" or Christ, the freaking Sea Harriers. Freaking anything but what they used on the last WEEK.

@EL - There was a "special entrance" for her, and when it happened and she showed up, it was insane. You could feel the place shaking from the crowd.

@Moon - They had the same stuff that was available online, but that was okay with me. I procrastinated too long and missed out on getting what I wanted, so I was able to pick that stuff up last night. Got the EP CD, the wall scroll and two shirts. Cost me $140 total, but more than with it. Now I just have to worry about getting that stuff in my bag that was already barely closing when left. I could have spent a lot more, since there was another shirt, sticker sets, and cassette tape, but I figured I bought enough and it was hard enough holding the stuff that I did buy for the entire three or four hours that I had to. Plus I only brought $200 cash with me, so I wouldn't have been able to buy a whole lot more anyways.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 15th, 2018

Ah, there was. Cool you got some merch too, and the ones you wanted from the online store too.

(Jul 15th, 2018, 03:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@EL: I heard they installed new freezers too.

Yeah. They're still in the process of installing them all. There's now four aisles for frozen (the half aisle bottom side that was originally laundry liquid as the 4th). I asked Andrew what he thought of them, and he prefers the older ones. Well, there are some that are similar that aren't worse, but the ice cream aisle side are full sized doors and no lower bit (I've forgotten the word but where the bottom part that contained like whole chicken, tubs of ice cream and such were kept in). When doors are open, more of the warmer store air gets in and lowers temperature easier. Plus some of those tall ones have already broken down or temperature too low. So yeah, not much improvement at all, no surprise there. XD

Croatia was great.

No regrets.

(Jul 15th, 2018, 03:41 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Yeah, exactly the part that kills it for me, too. Comes out of nowhere and it is complete bullshit... if they had relied on artillery strikes, they would still be trying.

How about "call in the Navy" or Christ, the freaking Sea Harriers. Freaking anything but what they used on the last WEEK.

I am assuming "Call for artillery strike" refers to the navel bombardment(s) the British Navy used during the war. If they could have made it flow I would say "artistic license was needed" due to the flow (Also why some times songs have weird/bad English sentence structure). But since the song is a hot mess anyways...I don't know what to say.

(Jul 15th, 2018, 10:16 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

I am assuming "Call for artillery strike" refers to the navel bombardment(s) the British Navy used during the war. If they could have made it flow I would say "artistic license was needed" due to the flow (Also why some times songs have weird/bad English sentence structure). But since the song is a hot mess anyways...I don't know what to say.

Just a horrible song. They were probably trying to capture some market with it and failed spectacularly.

And to think stuff like "The Price of a Mile" and "Ghost Division" works so much better.

@EL - Yeah, I'm pretty happy that I was able to get the SO CD that I missed out on, and the wall scroll. Don't know why I bought the shirts, since they won't fit my fat ass, but I guess having a couple of Miku shirts might motivate me to lose weight and be able to wear them.

The only bad thing about the concert is that I couldn't take Miku home with me. ;_;

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 16th, 2018

(Jul 15th, 2018, 11:55 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@EL - Yeah, I'm pretty happy that I was able to get the SO CD that I missed out on, and the wall scroll. Don't know why I bought the shirts, since they won't fit my fat ass, but I guess having a couple of Miku shirts might motivate me to lose weight and be able to wear them.

The only bad thing about the concert is that I couldn't take Miku home with me. ;_;

*cough* Miku Robot I called it *cough*
Whistle

(Jul 15th, 2018, 11:50 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Just a horrible song. They were probably trying to capture some market with it and failed spectacularly.

And to think stuff like "The Price of a Mile" and "Ghost Division" works so much better.

What market is that? "British still bitter over the Falklands war" demographic? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 16th, 2018

(Jul 16th, 2018, 12:03 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 15th, 2018, 11:55 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

*cough* Miku Robot I called it *cough*
Whistle

(Jul 15th, 2018, 11:50 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

What market is that? "British still bitter over the Falklands war" demographic? Tongue

Hahha.

More like the "That was a thing that happened" market Tongue

A victory is a victory, I'm sure someone is willing to celebrate it.

But really, no-one likes that song. I'm very impressed in a twisted way. It's like Night Witches in quality (or lack thereof) but worst.