Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 6th, 2023

Bleh, it should work on a scaling system that increases daily and the starting punishment should go up if you keep on missing due dates to stop you getting complacent about the starting punishment. 5-7 years over $35 is ridiculous as the standard punishment.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 9th, 2023

To reiterate Maniak: That's capitalism, baby! Grin

Yeah we've got two cards right now that are in a moderate amount of debt. Should be able to pay them off within the next year, I've been paying at least $100 each on them per month.

I've not been making as much overtime lately and that's messing with my "free money" totals, which stinks. Ugh.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 9th, 2023

Nothing like having the A/C guy come out for routine maintenance and having him tell me that the whole unit will need replacing at some point because one of the coils are leaking gas. Suffer

On a lighter note though, look at the size of this utter unit I saw on campus the other day:

[Image: uilFPPG.jpeg]

Chunky bastard just came strolling out across the road without any rush or care in the world. I know they're invasive to Florida but I honestly love seeing these baby dinosaurs. ^_^

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Nov 12th, 2023

I'd be excited to see it too Moony!

I do wonder if the original one was just a pet that someone released and then it went out of control?

At least that the usual story I envision with this.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 12th, 2023

Nah I'm pretty sure someone was thinking they were going to be crafty and sell exotic animals from Central/South America illegally here, and it went wrong and they escaped and thus, our problem. Tongue

I do love that lorg lad though, wish i could give him a headpat.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 14th, 2023

Just looked it up and @Karo had it right that it was a released pet. Apparently iguanas were first spotted in the wild in Florida in the 60s and it was caused by exotic animal owners releasing them because they got too big to continue keeping as pets.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 19th, 2023

Finally installed my SSD into my laptop. Turned out it was super easy because my laptop has the access to the SSD port right under the removable base exterior panel and distinctly labels it as that port too, so I just had to pop off the bottom of my laptop and slide the drive in. Took longer for me to figure out how to format the thing because I've never formatted a drive before. Sweat
Now to move some of my bulkier Steam games into it so they load faster than they do on my HDD (most notably DbD and Phasmophobia). I wonder if apart from load times if it'll make my games run better overall too or not. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 20th, 2023

SSDs, especially from a M.2 drive, are a life-changer. I couldn't ever go back to a hard-drive based OS or even basic storage if that HDD has really slow read speeds. The one I have at my work is pretty dang solid (pun?) at a quick 7200rpm for my files. Never really notice when it's lagging unless the file was enormous (multi-gigabyte).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Nov 20th, 2023

Hey all, long time no see!  Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Smile

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 21st, 2023

(Nov 20th, 2023, 04:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
SSDs, especially from a M.2 drive, are a life-changer. I couldn't ever go back to a hard-drive based OS or even basic storage if that HDD has really slow read speeds. The one I have at my work is pretty dang solid (pun?) at a quick 7200rpm for my files. Never really notice when it's lagging unless the file was enormous (multi-gigabyte).
If not for the work involved (and that my SSD wouldn't have the space to accommodate all my HDD content) I'd switch my whole laptop over to using an SSD but I am not going through that on a 6+ year old laptop. I'd rather just save that for whenever I get a new laptop that comes with an SSD as standard and for now just keep games and large files on the SSD to make them load faster.

(Nov 20th, 2023, 01:15 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey all, long time no see!  Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Smile

[Image: 200.gif]
Hi Neb! How have things been with you? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Nov 30th, 2023

Ugh, not sure where I've caught it from but I'm coming down with a rough cold or something that's making me feel like total trash. I went to class this morning and since coming home have just spent all day in bed sleeping mostly. x.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Nov 30th, 2023

I hope for a quick recovery for you Moony! I know it ain't no fun when you suddenly catch a bug and all you just wanna do is sleep!

Also SSD are amazing for games it was really nice when I first tried one!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Nov 30th, 2023

How've you been fairing, Karo? Miss seeing ya around. <3

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 1st, 2023

(Nov 30th, 2023, 03:49 AM)Karo Wrote:
I hope for a quick recovery for you Moony! I know it ain't no fun when you suddenly catch a bug and all you just wanna do is sleep!
Thanks @Karo! I don't feel worse today but I don't feel better either, so I can't decide if that's good or not. LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Dec 1st, 2023

Stupid bug, leave Moony alone. Hoping weather wasn't the cause because if you were here, the weather would likely be the reason because frick it's cold. Ah, Winter you're here even if the date is supposedly the 22nd which is absolute bollocks. My bet is Winter will linger mostly through Spring too again. I remember one year when Spring basically didn't happen, it was just cold the whole time until late April or something like that. I know I wore my thermals for ages that time and not just at work.