Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 20th, 2024

The fact it can't discriminate on accounts that have their paid service is just wild. They're just full scorched earth on Ad Blockers.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 22nd, 2024

(Jan 16th, 2024, 12:07 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jan 14th, 2024, 08:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I only just entered this topic today and that happened?! Ah, Friday...wait dang I missed that (good) it must've happened after I finished at 1PM that day. Then I heard nothing of it yesterday nor today when I was in, what the heck? Still, WHAT THE HECK?!! He really needed to go I guess and well, the bogs are literally the other side of the store from the frozen aisle. But wow, just...wow.
So screw Google with their constant need to try and take down ad blockers. YouTube is practically unusable currently because if you try to play a video, regardless of whether it's on YouTube or an embed off-site, your CPU usage will go through the roof if an ad blocker is detected to the point your PC performance tanks until you close the tab. I wish they could just get through their heads that the current ad system is garbage and needs to be way less intrusive. Hmph

Just watch the ads, bro. It's only 20 minutes of ads at the start, middle and end of the video. Just watch them. It's not that bad. Just do it. Listen to your Google overlords and watch the ads. Bend the knee. It's not Google's fault that they need to destroy your computer so you don't take money out of their indie company pockets. How are they going to afford to put food on the table if they don't get your ad money? Think of the poor, neglected Google CEO who can only afford 10 yachts instead of 11, and won't be able to buy his sixth million dollar mansion. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

So my clicky switches came in and I'm in heaven. God I love the noise of clicky switches. Can't wait to drive friends crazy over voice chat with these babies. I will say that they are definitely heavier than the switches I've become accustomed to over the last couple of years. I find myself not hitting my space bar hard enough a lot because I'm used to not having to, but with these switches now, I have to use a decent amount of more force. Worth it for the enjoyment for the noise of clickies though.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 5th, 2024

Aaaaaaaaand I just wrecked the car. Probably totaled it; I got T-boned because I'm a fucking idiot and panicked. Yeah, today is just...great.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 5th, 2024

(Jan 16th, 2024, 04:41 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It's so awful. I'm literally trying to use YouTube for work and cannot because it lags everything to a halt. I also think websites like Shutterstock are also employing some kind of shit with that as well because I notice that tab in Chrome also eats up a metric ton of browser RAM.
(Jan 19th, 2024, 04:52 PM)Frank Wrote:
I pay for YouTube Premium and experienced the same issues. I just made sure to white-list YouTube to fix my abnormal CPU usage.

Obviously, if you don't have Premium the ads will be an issue.
(Jan 20th, 2024, 05:42 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The fact it can't discriminate on accounts that have their paid service is just wild. They're just full scorched earth on Ad Blockers.
(Jan 22nd, 2024, 11:16 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Just watch the ads, bro. It's only 20 minutes of ads at the start, middle and end of the video. Just watch them. It's not that bad. Just do it. Listen to your Google overlords and watch the ads. Bend the knee. It's not Google's fault that they need to destroy your computer so you don't take money out of their indie company pockets. How are they going to afford to put food on the table if they don't get your ad money? Think of the poor, neglected Google CEO who can only afford 10 yachts instead of 11, and won't be able to buy his sixth million dollar mansion. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 
Been meaning to respond to this but kept forgetting. Anyway, Google probably isn't bothering to code something to check whether you're running ad block but have YT Premium because why spend the time to code that check? If you have YT Premium, you don't get ads anyway, so you don't need ad block enabled on the site so it's just more efficient to force everyone to turn it off.

Fortunately, it looks like the EU has taken issue with Google taking this approach and will hopefully tell them to pack it in. Too bad Google is ruining the internet in so many other ways too though, and plenty of those things aren't going to get them in trouble with anyone.

(Jan 22nd, 2024, 11:16 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So my clicky switches came in and I'm in heaven. God I love the noise of clicky switches. Can't wait to drive friends crazy over voice chat with these babies. I will say that they are definitely heavier than the switches I've become accustomed to over the last couple of years. I find myself not hitting my space bar hard enough a lot because I'm used to not having to, but with these switches now, I have to use a decent amount of more force. Worth it for the enjoyment for the noise of clickies though.
I don't know why, but my immediate thought reading this was "This man would have been in heaven if he had to use a typewriter in the time before computers became a household thing". XD

(Feb 5th, 2024, 10:29 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Aaaaaaaaand I just wrecked the car. Probably totaled it; I got T-boned because I'm a fucking idiot and panicked. Yeah, today is just...great.
Oh shit dude are you okay? How'd it happen, did you intend to pull out on a turn lane and hesitated or something? I'm guessing at the very least the fault doesn't lie with who hit you based on the wording you've used. Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 5th, 2024

(Feb 5th, 2024, 11:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Feb 5th, 2024, 10:29 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Oh shit dude are you okay? How'd it happen, did you intend to pull out on a turn lane and hesitated or something? I'm guessing at the very least the fault doesn't lie with who hit you based on the wording you've used. Unsure
That is in fact exactly what happened. I panicked, drove further, and got t-bone.

Just once, I was hoping to not wreck a car I got. Just once. I was almost there, and I lost it because I panicked.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 6th, 2024

Ah. Yeah, I can imagine how much that sucks because it's such a stupid way for a car accident to happen. Did they hit you on the passenger side since you seem to not be in a bad way, which I'd expect you to be if you had taken the hit on the driver's side?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 6th, 2024

No, it was driver's side. I think I have a few bruised ribs from it. I fucked up.

(Feb 6th, 2024, 12:50 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
No, it was driver's side. I think I have a few bruised ribs from it. I fucked up.
Oh dang. Did you get yourself checked out at the crash scene at least? Although you were the one to pull out, wouldn't the insurance of the person who hit you cover any health stuff you need from the injuries you've taken? Unsure

They checked vitals, but that was basically it. IDK if insurance will cover anything; I'm gonna head to urgent care tomorrow, moat likely, get a chest X-ray to see if anything's cracked. I suspect it's just all bruises, though.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 6th, 2024

Oh crap! At least the accident wasn't bigger but damn, a horrible experience for sure. Hope nothing's broken and your body recovers well.

Your hopes are in vain, EL. Two cracked ribs. Thankfully, it doesn't really hurt to breathe, just move around. Gonna still try to go to work tomorrow, see if I can make it through the shift. Hopefully, they don't have me cleaning.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 6th, 2024

Oof, noo, two ribs! Are you bandaged up or got some kind of support around the area? I know you already know this but take it easy. Yeesh. My old section leader worked on some injured ribs I believe, she took no for an answer and still did her job which included lifting trays of produce, including potatoes (although asked us when the shelf was too high). I don't expect you to work...recklessly like that. May they have something you can do in that condition.

I was going to ask how fast the person was going that hit you @Maniakkid25 so I could wonder if they hit you fast enough to cause cracked ribs instead of bruised, but I see I no longer need to wonder about the state of your ribs. Tongue
I've bruised my ribs one time during school when I thought it would be okay to dive chest first onto a rugby ball. I'll never forget it because it was such torture for the following few weeks while I healed; I couldn't laugh, cough, sneeze or hiccup without it causing immense pain. The first time I got hiccups with that I wanted to throw myself out the upstairs window. X.x

Seeing work mentioned, I don't know what caused it but two customers were this >||< close to getting into a full on brawl at the end of one of the cash registers. Three managers had to get between them to keep them apart and called the police, but I don't know what happened after all the shouting died down. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 8th, 2024

It's wild how customers can get so fucking terse with each other, and it's gotten worse over time I think. I've seen my fair share of shouting contests in my time with Publix, too, one involving the store manager--that one impressed me because he was a very sweet guy, and I had never ever seen him lose his cool like that. He actually kicked the customer out of the store by telling him "Get the fuck out of my store", which I thought wouldn't even be a thing with a store manager of all people. Errm LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 9th, 2024

So I asked the store manager today if he knew what those customers were going to kill each other over, and from what little he managed to gather from them one customer had stared at the other down an aisle or something which was what kicked off their confrontation up front. If that's actually what initially got their attention on each other that's really petty; like my manager said just let it go because it isn't worth getting into a fight over.
He also said that my team leader should've just let them fight instead of getting between them and putting themselves at risk. If they don't wanna listen to us telling them to knock it off then let them fight and call the police is his view. XD

@Maniakkid25: Did you end up going to work in the state you're in and if so, how's it been going so far?