Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 9th, 2024

Yeah, I have been going. It's an experience; my shoulder is pretty shot, tbh, so reaching for stuff is hard, and cleaning is right out with two cracked ribs. Mostly I've been holding down self check-out and just trying to not hate myself for what I did to myself because I'm an idiot.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 9th, 2024

Oh you did your shoulder in too. Ugh, that sucks. Wouldn't reaching for stuff hurt from your ribs even without the bad shoulder though because of having to stretch and use the muscle that's located by your underarm/chest or no?

The ribs that were broken are 5 and 6, and it seems like its JUST low enough that I can reach without straining that part, just the shoulder. But either way, doing basic tasks like, say, putting clothes on, is very painful right now.

Is that 5 and 6 on both sides or just one side? I looked up an image to see what ribs those are and got reminded that ribs aren't continuous from left to right. Sweat

Oh, just the left, sorry; I was very vague about thay. It was a driver's side impact, so my left side took the brunt of the damage.

You know, until you said it just then it didn't even cross my mind that it would most likely be just the left side because of that being the brunt taker of the impact. ROFL

I'm currently trying to put together a presentation for a game pitch I have to do on Monday morning. I expected it to be really simple until I had to start diving into the numerous movement tricks performed in the speedrunning community to come up with the abilities I want my character to have that are supposed to all be about performing frame perfect tricks or just general movement tech. Although, it's at least going a lot better than my attempt to try and come up with a poster design that has to be based around the sole word of "immigrant" for my portfolio review that's next week. I've been bashing my head against a wall on that one the entire week so far. Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Feb 11th, 2024

Hi all, long time no see.  Hope your February is going well. ❤️

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 12th, 2024

I remember part of my portfolio requirement was to make a gig poster for my favorite band coming to my town. I thought it was pretty decent at the time but looking at it now.... yeah it's pretty lame ngl...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 13th, 2024

I don't think most designers could continue to like their older works after it's been long enough. I just try to view them through the lens of what I could do at the time rather than what I can do now so I don't hate them as much. Tongue

I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow (not that people look forward to work in general but hear me out). It's gonna be a 1000 case truck and if management doesn't give me an extra pair of hands then there's no way that shit is gonna get done in less than 12 hours, which wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact the whole thing is expected to be done in one shift regardless of how long it takes. I'd want to put my foot down on it but I also don't know if I want to deal with the argument I'd get into if I do. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 14th, 2024

Oh that's fair, I don't hate the piece or myself for making it, I recognize it's a relic of its time when I didn't know better; with all of that removed, it leaves a lot to be desired from an objective standpoint lol

Realizing I need to fluff up my own portfolio as part of my rebrand. God, taking a sabbatical is sounding so tempting...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 14th, 2024

Happy Lara Croft's Birthday Day everyone! Oh, and it's Valentine's Day too, I guess. Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 17th, 2024

6th anniversary of Parkland, too. Which, in a cosmic fashion, this happened:

Love the way Manny took it, he's not fucking wrong lmao (that's my ex co-worker)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 19th, 2024

I barely even saw any mention of that shooting on social media, and when I did eventually hear of it I have to honestly say I felt nothing because I'm just numb to it now. Nothing will ever be done about it so I'm just checked out on the whole thing. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 24th, 2024

For anyone who's a fan of Linkin Park, did you see that they released a new single yesterday? I don't know when it was actually recorded or how it sounds but I saw it suggested to me on Spotify when I opened it earlier.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 25th, 2024

Nope I didn't know that. Just searched for it on YouTube, didn't listen, and looks to be a cut song I guess from an album (One More Light it says) with Chester, was wondering if it was a genuine new song without him. Which is probably why I heard Bleed It Out play while I was at Toby Carvery Friday since I was sitting near the back which is where the music was coming from, and damn it really did not fit in a restaurant setting. Then that made me realise if I had a restaurant or place and was adamant on playing music I like and not give a toss what anyone thinks...a lot the music I may choose would not fit either. LOL

Plus all this has led me to got to Tiermaker to roughly list what my favourite Linkin Park songs are, similar to what I've done (no pun intended) with Kamelot, Celldweller, Delain and Amaranthe. I need to listen to Reanimation again so I can decide on most of them except 1StpKlsr and Plc.4 Mie Haed, but will still listen to those anyway because they are my outstanding picks from that remix album.