Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 25th, 2024

Well? Are we going to see the fabled Tier List you've made of these songs? 👀

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 25th, 2024

Huh, really? Well I've also done many more than just that...LP in progress still but only 4 albums for them as that's what I've only listened to from them. I've done like 20+ lists of things like favourite characters from specific series, cartoons, pick n mix...I've done like 20+ lists. XD But...they're just my lowly opinion on what I like or play specifically, nothing special....*prods forefingers together*

Perhaps it's deserving it's own topic and obviously as a whole so anyone can post their lists in there. Nyeh.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 26th, 2024

Have Linkin Park even done a song without Chester? If not I don't think they ever would except for anything that's a tribute piece with a guest singer but anything with just the remaining band members and no one else seems really unlikely.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 1st, 2024

(Feb 25th, 2024, 07:32 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Perhaps it's deserving it's own topic and obviously as a whole so anyone can post their lists in there. Nyeh.

That's an idea, I like that. Maybe like, start one, share it, and the follow-up would be to do their own list of the one you just made, or suggest an alternative one if that's not viable. The idea would be to keep a chain going, and you can always do past suggested lists from previous posts if you don't want to do a suggested one or such.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 5th, 2024

(Mar 1st, 2024, 06:09 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
(Feb 25th, 2024, 07:32 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

That's an idea, I like that. Maybe like, start one, share it, and the follow-up would be to do their own list of the one you just made, or suggest an alternative one if that's not viable. The idea would be to keep a chain going, and you can always do past suggested lists from previous posts if you don't want to do a suggested one or such.
He made the thread already a few days before you gave this reply. Tongue

Just got home from work which I started at 5am this morning, and the time is now 4:32pm. I left my house at 4:25am... Suffer

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 7th, 2024

I found a Chick Tract in the wild today!

*crickets chirping* Ah, right; that's probably not a thing most people would know about.

Chick Tracts are tiny comic books that try to share the message of God and convert people into being good, God-fearing Christians. Specifically Protestants (no, seriously, the guy has a hate boner for Catholics). I thought they were a relic of a by-gone era, but lo and behold, one appeared on top of the towel dispenser at my store!

While that has terrifying implications as to the population of this town (I don't want to think about the person who is legitimately buying and leaving these around to convert people), I immediately snatched it. After dumping it in the trash and water damaging it, because I'm stupid. Still, I was amazed to see one in the year of our lord 2024. The last time I heard anything about Chick Tracts, a parody film was being made about his D&D Tract. That was a decade ago, so I was amazed as hell to see it!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 7th, 2024

I won't lie, my first thought when I saw the term "chick tract" was that you had found part of the digestive tract of a chick and were somehow thrilled about it. Blink

I've never seen one of those myself, but I have often found some sort of leaflet on my car on campus that tries to promote the message of God. It irks me more that I now have to dispose of it compared to what is on it, but I'd rather deal with that than when I lived back in England and constantly had Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on my door every damn week. I don't think I'll ever forget how desperate they got trying to convince me to join them because I got bored and felt like entertaining their bullshit and they couldn't accept that I was willing to talk to them but not join them. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nebulous - Mar 10th, 2024

Hi all, hope you're doing well. Don't forget to wear green a week from today Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 11th, 2024

Meh, I don't care for St. Patrick's Day. All it does is give too many people a poor excuse to get shit faced before noon. Errm

Spent another Sunday with a headache all day and the groggy after effects of it all day today. I really wish I could figure out a sleep schedule that stops it from happening... Meh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 12th, 2024

I always forget about St Patrick's Day. Heck I forget about a day that went past recently that has my name in it, which I also don't care about. XD Frick all these days that have some type of "meaning", the only ones notable for me are whenever Easter is (for the Sunday off and choccies), Halloween, Christmas, but only slightly because I don't care much for the celebration just to see what types of decorations there are.

Keep thinking I'm coming down with something as my nose and throat get moments of feeling off but at the moment amounting to nothing, but it keeps happening for a couple of days now so I'm assuming it will eventually catch me. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 12th, 2024

I only become aware of St. Patrick's Day when I see a load of green stuff appearing or when I was at university in England seeing all the pubs already packed out at like 11am. I don't really get why that particular St. day gets so much more attention than any of the others.

Went in at 4am today instead of my usual 5am thinking it would result in a shorter shift. Punching out at 3pm told me that was a dirty lie... *sigh* and I still have homework to do...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 14th, 2024

There's another famous St. holiday. They just dropped the "St." from the title a long while ago because of how corporatized it had become Suffer It's Valentine's Day

There's a lot more depending on the countries you're from, too. I know St. Jean Baptiste Day is big in Canada. And the Catholic-centric countries have a hell of a lot more (seeing as they're the Saint-loving religion).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 17th, 2024

With how big of a deal America makes of St Patrick's Day I'm surprised it hasn't corporatized it to remove the St from it. I swear you'd think Ireland is next door with how much attention it gets. LOL

My entire day has been spent working on a game presentation for tomorrow. It would have probably been finished already if not for the headache I'm trying to keep control of slowing me down...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 28th, 2024

So my TV has a bunch of dead pixels! It's really annoying, because this TV is three months old! At least it's under warranty, but still!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 28th, 2024

I was gonna say that shit better have a warranty on it. What brand is it, out of curiosity?