Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 22nd, 2018

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 08:35 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Ok, I'll bite... I actually think Detroit has one of the coolest-looking flags across the US and Canada. I frankly see no need to re-design it (let alone in such an unfashionable way... like, the thing is SUPER busy, but it also looks amazingly good).

I have to wonder why anyone in their right mind would pick one over the other.

And PM, you should totally report that junk.

Also, I would like to point out that all the praise I gave comes from the perspective of someone who is... less than enamored of Detroit (sports rivalries and whatnot). So, it should tell you how good it really is.

My bet is that if the flag thing did go though he would try and get a percentage of the Merchandising sales of stuff like what he made mock ups of.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 22nd, 2018

Was invited to our local pub by fellow colleagues on Friday. Was an alright evening, had dinner, drinks and lots of chatting (well I didn't talk much, but that's normal). I didn't drink any alcohol, but some people were interesting in seeing me have some. I was going to be willing to try, but didn't in the end. I don't care though, I'm not into that. XD We were trying to get the big seating area, but that was full when we arrived, so took two tables close to each other. Even though I'm used to working there, it's still strange being called a Produce colleague.

Yeah, last week was bad. Not only the freezer back up and container, but also the meat one went down too. Didn't know about the freezer container or meat until the Friday. Did ask how, but no one seemed to know exactly. Thousands lost. Hm.

Dang, been tired all day today. Getting hot this evening too because of the temperature and lights on. More high temperatures this week. We were meant to get thunder and lightning, but didn't happen. Yay. Or yay?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 22nd, 2018

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 09:45 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Was invited to our local pub by fellow colleagues on Friday. Was an alright evening, had dinner, drinks and lots of chatting (well I didn't talk much, but that's normal). I didn't drink any alcohol, but some people were interesting in seeing me have some. I was going to be willing to try, but didn't in the end. I don't care though, I'm not into that. XD We were trying to get the big seating area, but that was full when we arrived, so took two tables close to each other. Even though I'm used to working there, it's still strange being called a Produce colleague.

Yeah, last week was bad. Not only the freezer back up and container, but also the meat one went down too. Didn't know about the freezer container or meat until the Friday. Did ask how, but no one seemed to know exactly. Thousands lost. Hm.

Dang, been tired all day today. Getting hot this evening too because of the temperature and lights on. More high temperatures this week. We were meant to get thunder and lightning, but didn't happen. Yay. Or yay?

Glad you had a good time at the pub, man. And good on you for not drinking if that's not your thing... can't amount to anything good.

Sorry to hear about the other struggles, though.

And you are on a giant island, go swimming! xD

Mandatory island joke. I'm sorry xD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 22nd, 2018

Meh, bad for the store but not bad for me personally, so I don't care as much. Just was news. Also our store is still in the process of it's refit, and our section is meant to be finished by now, today that is. Will see how it is tomorrow.

Ah, if only I lived near the coast for that. Free swimming, and that's if I could swim properly. I haven't swam since I was 9 years old or something in primary school. Been in some pools since then, but not for swimming in. Then again, those were like when I was 14 or so......yeah. XD

@EL if they bug you again, just go to the bar alone and ask for either (tonic) water with lemon and lime in a highball, a sherry temple, or Roy Rodgers.
You might have the easist time getting away with the (tonic) water, or Roy Rodgers.

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 08:55 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 08:35 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Ok, I'll bite... I actually think Detroit has one of the coolest-looking flags across the US and Canada. I frankly see no need to re-design it (let alone in such an unfashionable way... like, the thing is SUPER busy, but it also looks amazingly good).

I have to wonder why anyone in their right mind would pick one over the other.

And PM, you should totally report that junk.

Also, I would like to point out that all the praise I gave comes from the perspective of someone who is... less than enamored of Detroit (sports rivalries and whatnot). So, it should tell you how good it really is.

My bet is that if the flag thing did go though he would try and get a percentage of the Merchandising sales of stuff like what he made mock ups of.

Because history and identity are for sale. Gotta love that dude.

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 10:51 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 08:55 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Because history and identity are for sale. Gotta love that dude.

But the "new" flag doesn't have the history of Detroit in it, nor its identify.

Doesn't that make it incredibly pointless, then?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 22nd, 2018

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 09:45 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Was invited to our local pub by fellow colleagues on Friday. Was an alright evening, had dinner, drinks and lots of chatting (well I didn't talk much, but that's normal). I didn't drink any alcohol, but some people were interesting in seeing me have some. I was going to be willing to try, but didn't in the end. I don't care though, I'm not into that. XD We were trying to get the big seating area, but that was full when we arrived, so took two tables close to each other.
Since I'll probably know by name, who was at the pub? Was it just produce colleagues or was it a mixture of departments?
Also it sounds like they're trying to turn you into the next me in regards to trying alcohol. They usually just get you to take a sip from their drink or get you a shot glass without always telling you what it is. I always went along with it just for the laughs and because I'd never be given enough to get me tipsy.

Was expecting to start work tomorrow but Publix can't decide when they want me in yet so looks like tomorrow might be a day off for me. I feel like I shouldn't celebrate that though when I've not worked for the last 12 months. Tongue

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:22 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Those three drinks are virgin drinks (no alcohol) in them.
(tonic) water with lemon and limes in a high glass looks like a gin and tonic
Shrilly Temple looks like a cocktail
Roy Rodger can be passed off as a $anyAlcohol and Coke.

That way they should stop bugging him. Wink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 23rd, 2018

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:54 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:22 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Roy Rodger can be passed off as a $anyAlcohol  and Coke.

I was talking about the flag, though XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 23rd, 2018

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 01:45 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:54 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Roy Rodger can be passed off as a $anyAlcohol  and Coke.

I was talking about the flag, though XD

Too many conversations at the same time!
Yes the redesign is pointless!

It's the price you pay for being popular Wink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 23rd, 2018

I think you confused "popular" with "too much free time" Whistle

Is there really a difference?