Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jun 9th, 2018

Yeah, that's absolute crap, PM. I hope they realise they made a stupid mistake. From what you were telling us before, you weren't doing anything wrong, and a load of rubbish was made up against you. Screw them. Take a breather though, hope something comes up for you.

Did a 10-hour shift, which agreed to on the day. I didn't really want to, but eh, the morning was pathetic and wanted to make up for it. I was given the chance and took it, also more monies. Then today I forgot what day it was coming up to the end of my shift, and convinced myself I was in for 1PM instead 12PM. XD Not bad this week, got some more hours. Now for a good rest the rest of the day and tomorrow.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jun 9th, 2018

@PM: And that was a high school choir, you said? That's pretty amazing in a way, actually xD My school's choir always made us sing the most sugar-coated, bland, pathetic things you could imagine.

I'm glad my signature made you walk down memory lane a bit. Hope it was a nice stroll!

@Relic: Morning! Sup?

@EL: Nice, dude! Do enjoy yourself and your well-earned rest.

I'm more of a night-shift guy myself, but the fact that you got the extra monies from doing yours rules Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 9th, 2018

Morning Relic! How are you? ^_^

And so no one else feels left out, how is everyone else doing today? Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jun 9th, 2018

Doing very well, thank you.

Just took pitching practice while my brother sparred for me with his bat.

Man, there's nothing better than letting one's arm get loose for a few practice games. I feel revitalized.

What about y'all?

Been enjoying more fun times with the server to make the domain always have https and then noticing that the board thinks its own images are being hotlinked to itself which makes zero sense. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 9th, 2018

(Jun 9th, 2018, 03:54 PM)Tsu Wrote:
@PM: And that was a high school choir, you said? That's pretty amazing in a way, actually xD My school's choir always made us sing the most sugar-coated, bland, pathetic things you could imagine.

I'm glad my signature made you walk down memory lane a bit. Hope it was a nice stroll!

@Relic: Morning! Sup?

@EL: Nice, dude! Do enjoy yourself and your well-earned rest.

I'm more of a night-shift guy myself, but the fact that you got the extra monies from doing yours rules Smile

The recording wasn't a HS choir it is one that is used for selling the music / for the choir to listen to a few times before starting, at lease that is how my choir director did it.

But the choir I was in used to do national and international competitions but that stopped before I got there (two of the choirs still did though). Our director was a perfectionist and one of those who would yell at you because she knew you could do better types.

In my freshmen year of HS (guys were able to join any of the mixed choirs starting freshmen because well males are in short supply for singing) my choir did an a Capella piece called "Mary Sat A-Rockin'" It was fun (from a bass/baratone normally we are neglected, hell in pop music you really only have Johnny Cash and Frank Sinatra.

We did it every year except my senior year which sucked because everyone (in the choir at lease) loved the song. I can't find a full verson of a sampler of it (in proper SATB, I found one in SSAA but that is just BS)

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/mary-sat-a-rockin-sheet-music/4932155

(Jun 9th, 2018, 06:46 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Been enjoying more fun times with the server to make the domain always have https and then noticing that the board thinks its own images are being hotlinked to itself which makes zero sense. Rolleyes
Well better not use Hotlink protection then. Tongue

(Jun 9th, 2018, 03:45 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, that's absolute crap, PM. I hope they realise they made a stupid mistake. From what you were telling us before, you weren't doing anything wrong, and a load of rubbish was made up against you. Screw them. Take a breather though, hope something comes up for you.

Thanks, hopefully some Federal government job gets posted for IT. Whistle

I really would love to work for the National Weather Service. Then agian I could see my self getting fired for that
"Reason for termination: yelling "WE'VE GOT COWS" every time a Tornado Warning is issued"

RE: Universal Chat Thread - macGamr - Jun 9th, 2018

Well, it's been quite an interesting day at my end... been busy with a new project and hearing the heavy rain and thunderstorms going on. Yeah, that's the curse of summer for ya.

(Jun 9th, 2018, 07:13 PM)macGamr Wrote:
Well, it's been quite an interesting day at my end... been busy with a new project and hearing the heavy rain and thunderstorms going on. Yeah, that's the curse of summer for ya.

I wish I had thunderstorms Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 9th, 2018

Raining here as well, has been the past few days unfortunately.

Same here in Florida. The weather looks pretty dodgy today too. Not raining yet, but I'm expecting it too from the looks of the sky.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 9th, 2018

I hate North Florida...we don't get any of the fun weather :c

All we get is eternal damnation for our mere existence.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 9th, 2018

(Jun 9th, 2018, 09:38 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Yeah, you're basically Georgia where you are ROFL

Our thunderstorms recently were bad enough to make the parking lot at work look like Irma came backthrough it. I had a tree branch the size of my car fall on it (luckily it was a light branch, and no scratches were made), and there were leaves and shit everywhere. It was worse than I originally thought LOL

(Jun 9th, 2018, 09:38 PM)Yuri Wrote:

What sucks for me is that I like severe weather, I like thunder storms.

It is common for storms to split up north and south right before they hit my location Sad I will be watching the radar going "Yesss, YESSSSS...YEEEEESSSS" then it starts to split.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jun 9th, 2018

Why don't you try working for your local news station, PM? I'm real sorry to hear about your job though, that's fucking awful. You definitely shouldn't have deserved a firing like that, especially without probable cause. But yeah, if you work at your local news station, there's a chance you can get your way into the weather department and from then, build up from there! Grin

That or you can go back to school for Meteorology ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 10th, 2018

(Jun 9th, 2018, 10:28 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Why don't you try working for your local news station, PM? I'm real sorry to hear about your job though, that's fucking awful. You definitely shouldn't have deserved a firing like that, especially without probable cause. But yeah, if you work at your local news station, there's a chance you can get your way into the weather department and from then, build up from there! Grin

That or you can go back to school for Meteorology ROFL

Weather isn't a "big thing" 'round here. It has been 20 years since a storm of note hit my area. There is also the issue that Michigan is bad chasing country, even if we did get more tornadoes the hills and trees make it unsafe to chase (because you cant see it coming).

As far as school there are three issues:
1) Im a washed up has been when it comes to academics
2) Math is my kryptonite more so then spelling (and meteorology is mostly physics and math classes)
3) only 2 or 3 schools in my state offer it

If I was my younger self before the burn out hit me in college and Number 2 wasn't true I would had been a meteorology major.

Maybe if there was a type of applied meterology that dealt more with radar and observations/ground observations.