Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 23rd, 2018

But the tinfoil hat is a classic Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 23rd, 2018

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 08:26 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
But the tinfoil hat is a classic Tongue

Funny thing is, the tinfoil hat increases the brain control waves the reptilians send out!

Dinosaurs ain't extinct! It's all a conspiracy fueled by Hershey as the main tinfoil providers!

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 08:45 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Dinosaurs ain't extinct! It's all a conspiracy fueled by Hershey as the main tinfoil providers!

They where never real! Its all a giant trick by Xenu to trick us!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 23rd, 2018

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Since I'll probably know by name, who was at the pub? Was it just produce colleagues or was it a mixture of departments?
Also it sounds like they're trying to turn you into the next me in regards to trying alcohol. They usually just get you to take a sip from their drink or get you a shot glass without always telling you what it is. I always went along with it just for the laughs and because I'd never be given enough to get me tipsy.

Was expecting to start work tomorrow but Publix can't decide when they want me in yet so looks like tomorrow might be a day off for me. I feel like I shouldn't celebrate that though when I've not worked for the last 12 months. Tongue

Mixture. I was invited by my produce colleagues though, five of us went along with nine more. Most of the produce colleagues are new or moved over to there since you were here, but Cheryl went. Plus Ian, the same one who got you try a drink (for others reading, there are two Ians that know Moony well), Bethany, Bobby (and his I assume partner or friend), Andrew, Lucinda, Sophie, Tyler (you might not know who he is?) and the handy man who has been hanging out with Bethany and Ian a lot recently. Usually see them on breaks together. Apparently Bethany's leaving soon too so might've been for that or just an occasion. I'd thought do something on the day she does leave though, so might've been the latter. Yeah, nobody actually realised I didn't drink that night. There was interest in seeing me in there until 3AM, but no way I was going to do that. XD Yeah, there going to let me try their's and shots could've happened, since the person who arrived with Bobby was chosen to do that instead.

(Jul 22nd, 2018, 10:30 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
@EL if they bug you again, just go to the bar alone and ask for either (tonic) water with lemon and lime in a highball, a sherry temple, or Roy Rodgers. 
You might have the easist time getting away with the (tonic) water, or Roy Rodgers.

Yeah something like that could work. They'll probably know though. Mocktails would be fine.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 23rd, 2018

I think I know every name on the list. Tyler, if he's the one I'm thinking of, used to work there and has black short hair. Not surprised Bethany is possibly leaving because I don't expect anyone under the age of 30 to be working there with the intent of staying there for a career.

Well, thought my day was free and just got called asking if I can come in tonight because someone didn't remember to call me this morning to ask and one of the managers were wondering where I was because I was originally expected to turn up today (but only once I had been given a time of which they didn't know had not been given to me). Told them to expect me around 6PM because I want to eat before I go and take a shower.

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Well, thought my day was free and just got called asking if I can come in tonight because someone didn't remember to call me this morning to ask and one of the managers were wondering where I was because I was originally expected to turn up today (but only once I had been given a time of which they didn't know had not been given to me). Told them to expect me around 6PM because I want to eat before I go and take a shower.

Welcome to the bullshit of American retail.

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:01 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 08:45 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

And the Power Rangers were in on it!

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 10:03 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:01 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

And the Power Rangers were in on it!

I knew it! I JUST KNEW IT!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 23rd, 2018

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 10:01 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Welcome to the bullshit of American retail.
Eh, I already expected it to be a case of they forgot to call me. Whether I go in tonight or another time makes no difference because it's training so I have to do it regardless of when I go in. May as well just get it out of the way so I can get my schedule and actually know when I am and am not in.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 23rd, 2018

I think I know every name on the list. Tyler, if he's the one I'm thinking of, used to work there and has black short hair. Not surprised Bethany is possibly leaving because I don't expect anyone under the age of 30 to be working there with the intent of staying there for a career.

Ah, nah this is a different Tyler then. Quite new. He has like the opposite hairstyle to that one, almost elbow length dark blonde/light brown hair. XD

Not surprising you didn't get the call. Yeesh, starting at 6PM. Hope you're not having to stay there too late. I suppose for training it won't be long. I know it wasn't for today since it was out of your hands, but did you specify a time range you were willing to work for, and they'll sort out the hours that way?

Im glad there doesn't seem to be "Top 10 posters for today" thing on this board like IF/IPB had....I would be scared to see how many posts I made today.

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 10:49 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Im glad there doesn't seem to be "Top 10 posters for today" thing on this board like IF/IPB had....I would be scared to see how many posts I made today.

Haha, same.

Also, the Blue Jays should write a book on how to make bad business decisions.

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 11:11 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 10:49 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Haha, same.

Sears: Hold my beer....

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 24th, 2018

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 11:20 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 11:11 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Haha, same.

Sears: Hold my beer....

Touché.