Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 26th, 2018

Wanna hear something funny? I haven't been to my Steam account in four years and I have a grand total of three hours on record for my games.

The reason for it? I got all fifty of them as payment four writing for a shitty site and I don't really wanna touch them knowing that my name is associated with that place. I should probably just delete my account. Thoughts?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 26th, 2018

Do you genuinely like any of the games you have on the account? If not, and since you don't want it anymore, then yeah go for the deletion. 50 games though, what?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 26th, 2018

(Jul 26th, 2018, 08:15 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Wanna hear something funny? I haven't been to my Steam account in four years and I have a grand total of three hours on record for my games.

The reason for it? I got all fifty of them as payment four writing for a shitty site and I don't really wanna touch them knowing that my name is associated with that place. I should probably just delete my account. Thoughts?

What games are on it?
Also the real answer is just to buy other games Tongue

But you can delete the games from your account if you want and save your account.

(Jul 26th, 2018, 11:42 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Do you genuinely like any of the games you have on the account? If not, and since you don't want it anymore, then yeah go for the deletion.

It's hard to say, really.

Some are the cheapest ones imaginable and I wouldn't be surprised if someone had picked them up at a Humble Bundle deal on Indie games, then realized I wasn't paid yet Tongue

Others I have to wonder why they were even sent my way, considering they knew my specs and it is downright impossible for me to run them.

But there's a small group I'd say I'm interested in, yes.

Quote: 50 games though, what?

I wrote over 150 reviews on hardware, software, TV and technology from November of 2010 to January of 2014. When the site's ToS changed to something I just couldn't agree with, I asked them -first politely, then not- to remove them and got them all archived on my own site... always got your standard BS a reply.

I find it hilarious that they went and asked me if they could feature them on their main page a few months back, since no-one was writing anymore xD

(Jul 26th, 2018, 02:21 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 26th, 2018, 08:15 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

What games are on it?
Also the real answer is just to buy other games Tongue

But you can delete the games from your account if you want and save your account.

Here's the list:

You may have noticed the total game count amounts to fourty eight rather than fifty. I don't know, either. Maybe it was some key I didn't redeem or something.

Man, I didn't remember most of those were on my collection. I'm slightly interested now.

Quote:Also the real answer is just to buy other games Tongue

1 Dollar = 30 Pesos. Yeah, that's happening Tongue

I was hoping maybe there was a way to giving them away? But that remains to be seen.

Sadly you can't give away games (which is ashamed you should be able to)

But you have a few good games on that list, some I never heard of, and some I heard good things of.

(Jul 26th, 2018, 04:30 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Sadly you can't give away games (which is ashamed you should be able to)

But you have a few good games on that list, some I never heard of, and some I heard good things of.

Well, there goes my idea.

Man, I don't have the power to run most of the ones I'm interested in anyway.

I hope they don't sneeze much due to the dust xD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Jul 26th, 2018

Actually, you could transfer your games to another account. If you google it, there's an explination on how to do it.

(Jul 26th, 2018, 05:35 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
Actually, you could transfer your games to another account. If you google it, there's an explination on how to do it.

There is family sharing but it doesn't transfere the account over and well is some what a violation of the spirit and letter of the ToS AFAIK

Thanks anyway, Queen.

Dude, your post on the journalism threads keeps crashing my phone. Technology can't handle your truth Tongue

I took the video tags out hopefully that helps.

It does, thanks. But you shouldn't have bothered, as I was mostly pulling you leg and making fun of my phone Tongue

(Jul 26th, 2018, 05:51 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
It does, thanks. But you shouldn't have bothered, as I was mostly pulling you leg and making fun of my phone Tongue

But I didn't make that monster of a post and spent a long ass time looking for the shit I posted for it not to be seen Whistle

(Jul 26th, 2018, 05:55 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 26th, 2018, 05:51 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

But I didn't make that monster of a post and spent a long ass time looking for the shit I posted for it not to be seen Whistle

*Imagine there's a pretty effusive gift here *.

Hell yeah!

Thunderstorms to the South of Me, Thurnderstorms head to the north, and here I Am with none Sad

yep Im like in dead center between the two cells DAMN IT

I'd happily let you have some of ours