Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 28th, 2018

(Jul 28th, 2018, 03:39 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
any one has plans for the weekend?

Will work, then babysit. Fun?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 28th, 2018

What's fun? Its a foreign concept to me

*Cues Sponge Bob memes *.

(Jul 28th, 2018, 04:00 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
*Cues Sponge Bob memes *.

There was another one I wanted to use, but the edge may have been just too sharp so I am playing it safe.
[Image: REzYOXT.jpg]

Damn it, dude XD

What a great day, Jays and Nats remembered how to hit to score a combined nineteen runs and win them!

well it seems no staff either saw or cared about my bashing of TapATalk's failure at doing stuff.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 28th, 2018

(Jul 26th, 2018, 10:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 10:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Not surprising you didn't get the call. Yeesh, starting at 6PM. Hope you're not having to stay there too late. I suppose for training it won't be long. I know it wasn't for today since it was out of your hands, but did you specify a time range you were willing to work for, and they'll sort out the hours that way?
I got out at just before 10PM so it wasn't too bad. The worst part was the lack of A/C because it broke down. x.x

Had 10-5 shifts the past two days, and another tomorrow. Then I get the fun of being in until 11PM on both Saturday and Monday. Rolleyes

10-5 sounds good. But dang, two 10AM-11PM shifts?! I'd have thought 13 hours is a bit much, even with breaks. OK, I know our section leaders/managers do crazy times too, but they tended to be about 12 hours give or take. On a Monday too, that's...hoo boy. 47 hours in total, eh? Alright yeah I suppose you game for anything, seeing as how you get the time off you want in advance, plus the deal with the college. With that in mind is good. Hope you'll manage it. =3

Went to the London Film Comic Con yesterday. Was a good day out, but the convention itself was quite underwhelming. I was expecting it to be bigger than MCM, but really wasn't. I wasn't expecting games, but the absence of panels, and nothing like film previews was disappointing. I didn't want to spoil myself by looking too much for what'll be available. I knew of guests and stalls but that was it. There was a decent gaming section where they dedicated booths to certain categories. Retro, modern, Mario, Sonic, Minecraft, rhythm, tournaments (wasn't actual tournaments going on, at least not yesterday, included SSB Melee plus some others that may have tournament settings out there), and a few others. Did find a really good artist called Patrick's Art Room, plus I bought two posters. One of Gintama's Yorozuya and one of Fairy Tail's Dragon Cry film promo image, because I find that makes for a good poster (also wasn't much choice for me personally in the selection of posters). MCM is worth more than a single day, but that was worth the one. Did enjoy may day. Did enjoy may day. Would I go again? Possibly. Not definitely like MCM was.

(Jul 28th, 2018, 07:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
(Jul 26th, 2018, 10:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I got out at just before 10PM so it wasn't too bad. The worst part was the lack of A/C because it broke down. x.x

Had 10-5 shifts the past two days, and another tomorrow. Then I get the fun of being in until 11PM on both Saturday and Monday. Rolleyes

10-5 sounds good. But dang, two 10AM-11PM shifts?! I'd have thought 13 hours is a bit much, even with breaks. OK, I know our section leaders/managers do crazy times too, but they tended to be about 12 hours give or take. On a Monday too, that's...hoo boy. 47 hours in total, eh? Alright yeah I suppose you game for anything, seeing as how you get the time off you want in advance, plus the deal with the college. With that in mind is good. Hope you'll manage it. =3

Went to the London Film Comic Con yesterday. Was a good day out, but the convention itself was quite underwhelming. I was expecting it to be bigger than MCM, but really wasn't. I wasn't expecting games, but the absence of panels, and nothing like film previews was disappointing. I didn't want to spoil myself by looking too much for what'll be available. I knew of guests and stalls but that was it. There was a decent gaming section where they dedicated booths to certain categories. Retro, modern, Mario, Sonic, Minecraft, rhythm, tournaments (wasn't actual tournaments going on, at least not yesterday, included SSB Melee plus some others that may have tournament settings out there), and a few others. Did find a really good artist called Patrick's Art Room, plus I bought two posters. One of Gintama's Yorozuya and one of Fairy Tail's Dragon Cry film promo image, because I find that makes for a good poster (also wasn't much choice for me personally in the selection of posters). MCM is worth more than a single day, but that was worth the one. Did enjoy may day. Did enjoy may day. Would I go again? Possibly. Not definitely like MCM was.

Assuming Moonface's work follows the (seemingly standard from what I have seen) set up, It is more of 12.5 hours work .5 hour lunch (unpaid) and that makes it totally okay Rolleyes (maybe a 15-20 minute break here or there twice) But it seems Florida has no laws about breaks/lunches so if his place is truely horrible there will be no paid breaks or unpaid lunch.

Sorry to hear the convention didn't meet your expectations, EL, my friend.

@PM: You know who handles those kinds of shifts? McDonald's. Grrr.

and like every other place, including professional jobs now <_<.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 29th, 2018

Been running on two hours of sleep. It's not pretty Tongue

Had a lovely meal, but I found it hard to enjoy when my first instinct was to headbutt the table in hopes it would magically turn into a pillow xD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 29th, 2018

Fun fact: If you headbutt anything hard enough, it becomes a pillow Whistle

(Jul 29th, 2018, 01:01 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Personal experience speaking here? Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 29th, 2018

(Jul 29th, 2018, 01:11 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 29th, 2018, 01:01 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Personal experience speaking here? Grin

I wish, then maybe I would have lost enough brain cells to realize if my brain worked normally I'd most likely be farther in life or I would be stuck in my own world.

You are amazing, dude.