Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 29th, 2018

(Jul 29th, 2018, 02:49 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
You are amazing, dude.

If I was I wouldn't be pissed off at some moron who spouts Social Justice Bullshit some how has a Masters Degree and also from a quick look at his twitter thinks that 1) elections are formed by biases and 2) only allow those who are "what he approves" to be allowed to get involved in politics.

Fucking Marxist bullshit who has "credentals" to teach kids. Go to a one party state like North Korea where your ideal elections happen, hell I will even accept Russia, party because he is an "Ally" to LGBT or part of that community (which is fine) but see how well the one party state works for your LGBT stance in Rusisa.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 29th, 2018

That doesn't prove you aren't. I get mad at worst shit.

Apparently I'm being overly "Defensive" because I refused to back down to socjus Rolleyes
Guy claimed he didn't want to respond to my "long post" (it wasn't even long).

Also TapATalk's poor company culture is apparently "sterotyping"

TaT, on a nutshell.

Funny thing is I don't care what your politics are, commie, free market, ancharo-freemarket (well I will save my rant on that one), anarcho-communist, etc.

Its the thought policing and policing of langue (see that other topic where I got on a rant about French) that gets to me. When you start that shit there is no more free market of ideas and things get shitty fast.

Don't get them more attention than they deserve.

(Jul 29th, 2018, 05:33 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Don't get them more attention than they deserve.

The media loves them and does what it can to support them.

meh I have a massive headach (unrelated).

Hope that gets better.

Thanks.

Currently listening to Potomac Nationals getting brutally beat up. Does it count as a First World problem when there's too many games I wanna listen to on at the same time? Tongue

A first world person living in a Third world country*.

*Note: I am using the classical definition of third world which is a country that was not aligned with the US/NATO or USSR/Warsaw Pact during the cold war.

Good enough Tongue

Also, I was into toot many games... The P Nats are wrecking it, it's the Washington Nats that are getting murdered. Four Jays farm games and the Toronto one on too. Good Stuff!

(Jul 29th, 2018, 08:03 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Good enough Tongue

Also, I was into toot many games... The P Nats are wrecking it, it's the Washington Nats that are getting murdered. Four Jays farm games and the Toronto one on too. Good Stuff!

That reminds me, I can't find the screen shot of it right now, but in 2013 I was following the Moore tornado then about a week later then El Reno Tornado. I had on two tiny monitor 2 radar screens going (each with 4 different radar products), multiple streams of local TV stations, a stream of the local SKYWARN HAM net, and a stream of the NOAA All Hazards Radio for that area. It was chaos. I think I also had some streams of storm chasers not affiliated with a news network too running.

Since then even though I have aquired a better computer, better monitors, a TV that can act as a third monitor, along with different devices to display radar and other things (multiple tablets, some chrome books, a Surface Pro 4, and another laptop, oh and my current cellphone). I have not needed to go in such a mode for better and worse.

TBH I went all out for those storms as I had a friend who lives in the area asked me to keep an eye out on those storms for her, she lives in the area, and both of these storms were noted by the National Weather Service as "These storms will fuck your shit up" way in advance (like a week IIRC).

I also had people I was talking to at the time who followed storms too and its much better when you have other people talking about the storms and keeping an eye on other radar sites too.

Fun Fact: The 2013 El Reno was a point of debate in the meteorology community for a few reasons: The NWS first put it as an EF-5 then downgraded it, despite measured surface wind speeds (by a scientific group that the NWS often will use when they are studying storms, it is not some random red neck claiming it) being well int to EF-5 levels, due to "lack of damage consistent with EF-5 levels.
The whole point of the EF scale was to drop solely relying on damage. as what in the old scale what would be an F-3 in Oklahoma might be an F-5 in an a community that does not build their buildings to withstand tornadoes due to rarity/economics/etc.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 30th, 2018

Damn, dude.

That's some super villain-level tech there Tongue

As for me, I find it kind of hilarious that I always seem to be like "yeah! Going to listen to some games to relax!" and then I DO end up relaxing (so much so that, sometimes, I doze off) but then -- without even noticing it -- I end up getting my notepad and pen and taking notes, pointing out pitching stats and rookies of interest.

I may have a problem xD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 30th, 2018

I'm going to do what I did what my friend who was/is addicted to minesweeper

[Image: 0HEzgPU.gif]